“good for a one night stay”

TRYP by Wyndham Frankfurt
Ranked #77 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
L.A.
“good for a one night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here one night in Frankfurt as I was passing through to the wine country. It is fairly close to the main train station but not walkable so plan on a taxi if you have bags, or the S-11 if not. The area looks ok at daytime but at night I felt a little uneasy with the beer drinkers hanging around out front by the metro but it was not dangerous I felt. Room was small, but comfortable and I am not sure if they have A/C in the rooms, I could not find a thermostat and had to open the windows a bit but the train tracks were behind my room so closed the window soon as possible. No free breakfast here, I went to the train station and paid a fraction of what the hotel wanted for breakfast. Room price was very reasonable. All in all, I did not mind staying here, but I would probably pick a hotel with more amenities and a bit closer to the main train station next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank Steve-JL.a.
Timo S, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0049-69-9732270.

S.Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I recently stayed there for one night as I had an early morning flight from FRA. It has parking (10 euro) and is easy to get to from the airport if driving (15-20 minutes if no traffic) It is opposite Galluswarte train station and just west of the railroad bridge. There is also a adjacent tram stop. Hotel is quite easy to miss if driving. It is a 15 minute walk to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof area if you are fit. There are a number of nearly restaurants and shops.

Check-in was slow in spite of three people on the front desk. Rooms are fairly large by European city standards and are very clean. Modern minimalistic furniture. I had a room on the third floor beside the railway track but the noise was minimal by major city standards. Buffet breakfast was OK, nothing special.

I would consider staying there again if in the area.

Room Tip: You need to get key for self-service parking from hotel front desk. Parking entrance is on Weiburge...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alkonost45
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are looking for sleepless nights and harassment....

The most disturbing incident about this place. I was eating breakfast at 10:15 am and the first incident my colleague was singing along with music and the chef Mehdi Taheri came out and ‘barked’ at him to be quiet. Mind you he was not singing loudly and maybe sang one verse in the song and was snapped at for singing a song in the morning? Really? Then he opened the container for the food and it happened to slam open, and the guy came back asking if there was a problem, but in an uncomfortable manner which made me step in and ask if there was a problem with him. Is this the way guests are treated at this hotel?

The next incident, I had made a sandwich (mind you I didn’t eat ‘any’ breakfast) to eat later and was told by Fakir Nasser that I couldn’t take my sandwich. Ok, I did break the rules by taking my sandwich, I will gladly pay 5 Euro’s for my ‘crime’, but he proceeded to chase me up the stairs, corner me, forced me to throw away the sandwich, then started cursing at me, spitting on the ground shouting “spit, Cats, spit, Cats, spit, Cats”. It this the kind of people that are around your food? You trust a foul mouth-spitting hooligan with the food of your guests? Then before heading to the front desk I went down to ask his name and he followed me up, threateningly, and the whole way up telling me ‘this is my hotel, this is MY hotel, this is MY HOTEL!!!!’.

I don't know if you want to deal with Mike Tyson at 8 am, but I know I never will again.

Also there was drilling going on at 8:45 am in our room (some to a LOT of guests are still sleeping) and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said maybe it was a vacuum. Ok, I might not be sharpest tool in the shed, but I know the difference between a power drill and a vacuum cleaner. Thanks Tom Brokaw for that news flash....

Then you are by two train stations (very convenient mind you) but you have to hear the trains CONSTANTLY! Also there is a nice little cigarette liquor store directly outside the hotel where young loud people (friends of the busboy chef no doubt) gather and party till odd hours of the night. You can here the music all night while you try to sleep.

I hope this review helps you. I've traveled the world for YEARS and have never written this type of review, but I think everyone should stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: Away from the train tracks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jstdva
Timo S, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Frankfurt, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at BEST Western Grand City Hotel Frankfurt.
I really do appreciate your feedback about the situation which has taken place on last Saturday. This feedback is the only way to enable us to make our services better.
We regret the unpleasant conversation between you and our colleagues during your breakfast.
Please rest assured, that our colleagues did not want to embarrass you at all; however asking your colleague to stop singing, was due to a request from other guests. Unfortunately this led to a couple of misunderstandings.
Concerning the unlovely moments of discussion with my colleague outside of the restaurant, I understand that you felt uncomfortable; however the food on the breakfast buffet is only for consumption on premises for breakfast and not to take away. This is also reflected in the very attractive breakfast price and I thank you for your understanding.
As we are committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service, we have taken your review on board to help us to improve our day to day operations. Our F&B Manger has already started a training program with both colleagues.
Dear Mr. Therien, please be sure that every attempt is made to ensure such this situation will never happen again. We aim to make everyone ´s stay at our hotel a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We all look forward to offering you a more satisfactory experience if you choose to visit us again.

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Free bottle of water, in room coffee and free coffee in lobby. You are near center but not in it. The front desk very accomodating and allowed me a late checkout. A nice German restaurant nearby but for more choice go to the old city, best stop is Hauptwache. The rooms are large, modern with reasonable lighting. My room had a gigantic window, very nice and quiet, room 219, faces another building. If you are a tourist pick up Frankfurt Card, all day transport and half off museums etc.

• Stayed April 2013
Timo S, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Frankfurt, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Garuy,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Steffanie Paul
Assistant Executive Manager
Molnlycke, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice hotel, with the most that you would ask for. There's a small gym, a nice breakfast buffé and nice rooms. As long as you're fine with being close to the railroad, which could be noisy if you get the "wrong room" I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place. As I was travelling for business and the office I visited was very conveniently close, I would select this hotel for my next trip again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you don't face the railroad and you'll be fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tobias W
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've know "this location" since past 10 years- even before it was rebuilt as a hotel,. It was an Aprtment House earlier, and mainly catered to the trade fair visitors. I suggest this is the best location to stay if you are for the trade fair, and a very good location even if you are for tourism. Just one metro stop away from Messe, at a quite location, and the next stop is the central station. You have a couple of Restuarants nearby for food, and couple of shops for your daily needs. The Tram stop and the Metro Station is just across the road.
Amenities at the hotel are sufficient for a 3 star hotel- in the room you have a mini bar (which was empty during my stay), free wifi (It worked well for me). Decent room size, infact bigger than most of the 5* hotels i've stayed in Europe. And- most importantly- neat and clean. Bed- probably some cheap stuff from ikea, light weight, but will not effect you in your sleep ;)
Small sized bathroom though.
If your plan includes breakfast, B/f is pretty good to start you day.
Read that passing of trains during the night can be a problem for some, but it has never been a problem to me or for members of my group whoever has travelled with me all through these years.
All in all, take it as a decent 3* property, and I will suggest it to whoever is travelling to Frankfurt for trade fairs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Timo S, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much, for the comments.
We looking forward to see you again.
S.Paul