“Very good Vietnamese food!”
Review of Lam Freres

Lam Freres
Ranked #392 of 2,509 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Brooklyn, New York
“Very good Vietnamese food!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

During our trip to Europe, we made a quick stop in Frankfurt on the way to our flight.

We had first eaten Vietnamese in Paris and found near the railway station, the Lam Freres. It is always a good sign when many Asian guests at such a restaurant looks (this means that it is often traditional, good food there is).

As in Paris, we ordered as an appetizer banh cuon and for the main course Bun Bo Hue. Everything was very tasty, but not quite the level of the Parisian Vietnamese restaurant.

But it is highly recommended here!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matthew B

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Not really...there's better in FRA”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Business trip to FRA for three days.

As you can see from my reviews, Vietnamese restaurants are a bit of a hobby for me....SF, NYC, Lausanne, HKG...and having spent time in SGN, Hue and Hoi An, I'd say I have a good baseline to compare.

So if we are comparing to the usual heavy and greasy fare available in a town like Frankfrut- this place is ok....

But if we are talking about comparing this place to other Vietnamese establishments elsewhere in FRA or the world- this place is pretty average.

What I liked-
The location close my hotel
The decor of the restaurant - pleasant
The staff- they were nice enough

Where I think they missed
The summer rolls- well built but without flavor and most importantly, using defrosted and tasteless shrimps...seriously....really bland...I realize summer rolls are subtle in flavor but this is just weak.
The Pho (the national dish of VN and normally served for breakfast)...pretty good....though the Thai hot sauce killed it for me as did the fact that the meatballs where completely overcooked and could have been used as mini canon balls.

Finally, they accept cards- as long as it's a German card....Really?

Having been once before to FRA and having discovered Quan Van last time, I'd say head there...more choice on the menu and better food- even if you have to go further from the train station area.

• Visited November 2012