“Good hotel - good location but I wasn't blown away” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jumeirah Frankfurt

Jumeirah Frankfurt
Ranked #4 of 275 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
“Good hotel - good location but I wasn't blown away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel only just appeared in my company's 'preferred supplier' list so thought I would give it a go - tempted by the website photos and the fact that it was a Jumeirah hotel - having just come back from Dubai I had high (probably too high) expectations.

My colleague and I were greeted by friendly staff and given peppermint tea whilst we were checking in. The reception area also houses the bar - which got quite lively in the evening.

My room was on the 19th floor and did have a super view over Frankfurt. The best thing about the room was the bathroom, it had a huge bath and big rainforest shower. The bathroom was split by a glass wall which then made the room look even bigger.

Everything in the room was operated by touch screen controls which was sort of cool! The bed was very comfortable - I slept really well. I asked for a wake up call though and didn't get one...

There are not any free hot drink facilities in the room - the coffee from the coffee machine cost something like 4 Euros which I thought was pretty pricey. There's lots of nice toiletries, a hair dryer - although annoyingly one of those ones which you have to keep your finger on the on button all the time, a safe, slippers, bathrobes etc. The room is of modern design.

Breakfast is served on the first floor - the breakfast room is very nice with all food cooked in an open plan kitchen that you can see. It is very expensive - it would be more or less impossible to eat 25 Euros of food which is what the buffet costs - there's lots of choice though. However, my colleague had the eggs benedict and one of the waitresses asked whether she would also want something from the buffet, my colleague said maybe a slice of toast - when the bill came my colleague was charged 25 euros for the buffet (i.e. a slice of toast) plus the extra for the eggs - which I thought was very cheeky!

There is a Fitness First gym attached to the hotel which is free of charge to customers - it's a very good gym, really big, full of machines and weights. Free water and towels are given to the hotel customers in a little room just to the side of the gym.

All in all the hotel is fine, I wouldn't really complain, it was clean, fairly efficient, comfortable etc but there was just something missing for me, it almost feels like it was a new hotel and they are still some bits they need to sort out - although judging by the other views about this hotel I may be in the minority! But I will probably try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible to take advantage of the views
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TerriLondon
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your honest feedback. We take the comments of all our guests very seriously and I am grateful that you share with us your opinion. Please accpet my apologies for not having had your wake up call. I will discuss this with our Front Office Manager to ensure that this will not happen again. Also your feedback about the buffet charges will be shared with the team, to ensure efficient service to all our guests in future. We thank you for being our guest and I hope to welcoming you back very soon again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,
Dagmar Woodward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of the financial district. Service was excellent and the view over the city is amazing. Room design is very modern

• 5 of 5 stars
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facililities and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Best regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The room was fantastic as expected of a modern 5 star hotel. My room had all the modern amenities that made my stay enjoyable. Wi fi is free and helps getting work done. The business center is modern and well equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. The metro is a short distance away. I enjoyed shopping at the Zeil shopping street a few minutes away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lhreye
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your very kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope that this will not be the last time, that you have visited us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future.

With best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is not only beautiful but location is great, service is wonderful and the technology is surprising- you don't slide your key and the elevator is managed by your fingertips. Loved staying here. Lounge bar is great too!

Room is one of the best, bed is VERY comfortable and bathroom is great-

• 5 of 5 stars
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your nice words on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt very soon again.

Sincerey Yours,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I've just returned back from a fantastic weekend visiting Frankfurt Christmas Market.

My husband planned the trip as a surprise and knowing their was a Jumeirah Hotel newly opened in Frankfurt, this was the obvious choice, being seasoned Jumeirah visitors.

The hotel is fantastic (would we really expect anything else from Jumeirah).

The hotel is in a perfect location (and especially so if you are planning a trip for the Christmas Market). It is modern, with the trademark style and glitz you would expect. The rooms are faultless, oversize bathrooms with lots of gadgets and gizmo's.....electric curtains and sun blinds, Bose speaker system, LED TV's, automated night lights, cappuccino machine...there is even a door bell!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business and leisure travellers alike.

My thanks go to Sarah who worked on the reception desk, for her help and suggestions with evening entertainment and general advice for shopping tips and Christmas Market suggestions...she is a credit to Jumeirah.

I have recently heard the Jumeirah will soon be managing a hotel in Rome - super, another destination to visit next year....as we are already booked for Dar Al Masyaf (Dubai) in August and we are mid-planning for the new Jumeirah Hotel that opens in Mallorca in the spring!

Try Jumeirah Frankfurt, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, we were on 22nd floor and the view was amazing and join Sirius reward scheme...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time to write to us following your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We are pleased to know, that you had a fantastic stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be pass on to all those, who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one, especially to Sarah at the Reception. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.

Kind regards
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This hotel has only opened recently, and infact there are still taxi drivers who do not yet know about its existence or even the proper address. The hotel is obviously very modern. It is a high tower built of glass and steel, in a square just off the main shopping street of Frnakfurt The Zeil. Access to the hotel is either through the main entrance or else through the shopping complex known as My Zeil. The hotel is very modern on entering one notices the absence of the traditional lobby, infact it has hardly any common area space. Rooms are not big, but the way they are designed give one the impression of much larger spaces as they tend to be open plan, yet giving all the needed privacy through cleverly designed partions. I stayed in a suite and I fell in love with the bathroom. This had a free standing large bath tub,heated flooring two wash hand basins luury towels and fantastic bathrobes and accompanying slippers. Amenities are of course ot top quality. Bedding is also fantastic, thick yet light duvets and soft sheets and large bed. Most interesting in this hotel is Max on one. the restaurant which has been voted the best in the city. This offers excellent food, service and a unique display of red and white wines, together with a cold room where meats are stored. The restaurant has an open kitchen where excellent dedicated chefs work carefully to prepare the guests' orders. The dining experience in this restaurant is unique, notonly for the quality and choice of food, but also for the environment. If you are after luxury in the centre of a busy city this is the place to be.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank myself-7
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I chose this hotel for the location, which is right on the Zeil in the heart of the city, and absolutely loved it! The hotel itself has a cafe which is open to the MyZeil shopping mall next door and also has a private door leading to the enormous and fabulously well equipped Fitness First gym!
On arrival I received a disconcertingly warm and genuine welcome from the bellman, concierge and reception staff. The hotel is very intimate and cosy with beautifully designed small spaces rather than a large imposing lobby. I was grateful that the lady on reception showed me how to use the lifts as I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise! (It was actually quite simple - you choose from a selection of options, one being 'Guest Rooms' and then tell it which floor you want to go to. It allows you to get to your desired floor without having to stop on any other floor).
I had opted for a Skyview Deluxe Room and it was phenomenal...full of fabulous design features that were all functional and simple to operate. Each room category within the hotel has a variety of different room layouts. Mine was open plan and had floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Frankfurt skyline. The desk was well thought out with sockets for UK, US and European plugs and wi-fi was complimentary. The desk and TV were in the centre of the room and you could swivel it around to watch it either from the bed or the chaise longue.
The bathroom was beautifully equipped with a bath that filled in two minutes and a separate rainforest shower. You could either leave it open or slide a wooden panel across for complete privacy.
By the bed was a small panel where different buttons operated the curtains and lights...a feature I especially appreciated as i loathe having to spend 15 minutes wandering around the room turning all the lights off before stumbling back to the bed in the dark.
The service was exceptional...I called down to ask if they had a Blackberry charger that I could borrow and they actually sent somebody out to buy me one...then apologised for having taken so long!
Room service was patchy in quality and overpriced which was a disappointment but overall this was one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Opt for the Skyview room...it's well worth the extra few euros.