On a business trip to Frankfurt, I had a very hard time finding a decent and affordable hotel in downtown Frankfurt. Because of the convenience of the hotel shuttle and the quick train service from the airport to the Frankfurt main train station, I decided to stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel for my two-day stay. It was a good choice. The shuttle service is frequent and quick, and while the room was compact, it was clean and extremely comfortable. The bedding was wonderful - fantastic pillows and feather bed - I slept great even on my first night in Europe. I'm glad I was staying in the room by myself as the shower stall is exposed to the room and completely encased with clear glass. Still, I was in a single so perhaps in doubles you are afforded more privacy. For me, the biggest drawbacks of the hotel are the cost of the breakfast (which I skipped, as I can't justify paying so much), and the fact that there is no free wifi and even using the computers in the business center to check in online requires that you pay. I used the cheapest option - 17 cents per minute - to check in online, but really, for an airport hotel I expect complimentary online checkin service, as I have found in many other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt! The conference and business hotel with 570 rooms and 40 conference rooms at the Frankfurt Airport is the first choice address when it comes to business events and offers everything to make meetings, conferences, banquets, congresses or events a success. Only four minutes from Frankfurt Airport and reachable every 20 minutes with the free 24 hours Express-Airport-Shuttle, an oasis full of friendliness, professionalism and cosiness with a beautiful view into nature is awaiting you. Here, recreation and relaxation have top priority: before or after the conference, in one of the 40 conference rooms with a total of 2000 square metres on level-access flooring, in our four restaurants, on the summer terraces, in the pool with a panoramic view or at the catering. WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 256 KB/s is free for guests in all hotels of the Steigenberger Hotels AG. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Steigenberger AG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Frankfurt
- Hotel Steigenberger Airport