“Very comfortable bed, pricey restaurant”

Ranked #93 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Littleport
“Very comfortable bed, pricey restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just a single night stopover. Was offered standard rewards scheme which upgraded my room to executive room. Room was spacious enough for one night but not sure about executive sized. Bed was extremely comfy and the room very quiet helping a good nights sleep. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Found restaurant was almost empty on this particular Sunday as was the bar, so don't expect social interaction. Food whilst tasty and well presented seemed a little pricey with steak meal upwards of euro 28. 3 courses with drinks and coffee would be over euro 50! Breakfast was surprisingly not included in the room rate and did not offer a hot option. Overall it's a nice enough hotel but expensive for what is offered .

Room Tip: Go for the loyalty scene and ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear „Markthedancer“,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel and your time and efforts to sharing your experiences with us on tripadvisor.com.

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff and the comfort of our rooms.
Nevertheless, we do also take your comments and your dissatisfaction regarding the value for price paid very serious and have them well noted internally for further review.

We hope, that we will be able to welcome you a second time at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice, clean hotel. It is also nicely located across the Main river. Has a pool (not big nor great) with a gym ans sauna. Breakfast is okay and the room is nice with big Windows and nice bed.
I was there during a busy week in Frankfurt because of CPHI and I could find a decent room, staff was helpful and I had a nice stay.
Pricin was somewhat not according to the room I got, but still I am happy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear "FranciscoKuri"

Thank you for your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel during
the big CPHI conference and for your time and efforts to share your
experiences with us.

With great pleasure we have read that you praise our helpful staff as
welll as our comfortable rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet
Slepper bed, which is unique in all Sheraton Hotels worldwide.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Frankfurt
Congress Hotel.

Warm regards,

Your Hotel Management Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel
UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for work during the Frankfurt book fair. The hotel is not very close to the centre of town but is very clean, friendly staff and an excellent breakfast buffet. The room was comfortable and reasonably sound-proof (I did not hear a lot from my neighbours even though I know the rooms on either side were occupied). It is entirely unremarkable from a decor or architectural perspective and I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay here on holiday unless there was some special deal but it served my purposes and there were nearly always taxis available to go elsewhere. The rooms were very hot even with the air conditioning turned to the low setting. The wifi had to be paid for which is always annoying but overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate T
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear "Kate T",

thank you very much for your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel during the Frankfurt Book-Fair and for sharing your experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our comfortable and clean rooms as well as our friendly and professional staff.

For your next stay we would like to recommend you to book an executive room, which comes with free wireless internet as well as free minibar and a 50% discount on food and beverages at our L44 Bar.

We hope to see you again soon at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

Oakville
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 long days. Let me start with the positives: The shower is strong, the room is clean and the staff is (mostly) friendly. I booked a room on the “executive” floor with a king size bed, free Internet, free mini-bar and (I assumed) with breakfast for a substantial sum of 300 EUR (approx. $400 or more) per night. When I checked in I was given a room with a little bed and told I had no free Internet etc. It was only after I produced my written reservation confirmation they moved me to a different room with a “king size” bed, which is just two beds pulled together. The room was quite tiny and furnished with something they got from East Germany in the 70s or earlier. Shabby, worn out plastic covered junk. The “free” mini-bar contained a little box of chips, 2 inedible snacks, 4 beers, couple juices and soft drinks. No wine, no liquor etc. Every morning I went for breakfast, assuming it was included in the $400/night price. I would give the cashier my room number, but it was only on the 3rd morning the waitress asked me to sign a bill. When I inquired why, she told me I had NO free breakfast (remember, I’m paying more than $400/night for a lousy room), which fact was consequently confirmed by the reception manager when I went there to complain. So they charged me for 3 breakfasts at 24 EUR (more than 30 bucks each). There is more to it. They claim to be close to the exhibition grounds. It must be some little exhibition place because this hotel is 25 EUR by taxi or an hour by public transport from the main Trade Fair grounds, which I attended. Considering how much I travel, I cannot imagine why I made this bad choice. I always trusted Sheraton. No more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear "Robert155019",

thank you very much for your stay with us during the Frankfurt Book Fair and for sharing your feedback with us.

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff and that you found your room in a clean and working condition as you can expect it to be.

We apologize for the fact that we did not had your preferred bed type available, even not after our staff moved you to a different room and that the furniture in our rooms did not suit your taste.

We do understand that the price that you paid seemed to be high and we indeed had a higher pricing during your stay than usual, which was because of the Frankfurt Book Fair. We fully understand that expectations rise with the price, but even in high seasons there are always rates including and excluding breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel so we could get the chance to serve you better next time.

Best regards

Boston, MA
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of a two week Alpine Countries tour. While the hotel is not near the city center the trolley line runs by the corner of the street, less than a two minute walk, should you want to visit that area. The hotel is a fairly new, modern style Sheraton which suited our needs perfectly. The rooms are the typical European size with very comfortable twin beds, good air conditioning, large flat screen TV, large work station with rolling office chair as well as an easy chair. The bathroom included the usual amenities and face cloths which is not the norm in many European hotels. The hotel has several, large elevators which makes check in/out so much easier. We ate our evening meal in the hotel which was quite good. The included breakfast had many choice and was very plentiful. Scrambled eggs and bacon were on the buffet but they were cooked in the European "soft" manner so we didn't try them. There were lots of bread, rolls, cake, croissant, muffin etc. choices, along with cereals, yogurt, cold meats, cheese etc. This hotel is very quite since it is located in an area of office buildings, but we did discover Chinese and Indian restaurants right around the corner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VacationDays365
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear vacation guest from Boston,

it was our great pleasure to have you staying with us twice during your alpine tour and we apreciate your great feedback on tripadvisor.

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel throughout all areas and that you especially mention our well and modern equipped rooms and our healthy breakfast buffet with its great variety.

We hope to see you again whenever travel might bring you back to Frankfurt.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here dozens of times but i'm leaving another review. The busiest I've seen the bar tonight in years and somehow Donato has coped with the stresses and strains thrown at him with a smile on his face. The hotel is great if you need to be in the Neiderrad business area. Clean, friendly welcome, good gym and pool and worth coming to for the bar alone.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Jon W
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear "Jon W",

thank you very much for being such a loyal guest and for sharing your great experience here on tripadvisor.

Donato is honestly the heart of our L44 Bar and we could not be happier to have such a great Barkeeper for our guests. Did you know that Donato can also be seen on SPG TV?

We hope to welcome you again soon at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Sheraton Congress Hotel Frankfurt, convenient to everywhere in the city thru a tram stop one minute from hotel lobby. Cabs are frightfully expensive. A 2.60 euro trip on the tram to the Frankfurt train station cost 23 euro by taxi (contrary to the 15 euro advised by front office staff). A tram leaves every 10 minutes on weekdays and every 20 minutes on Sundays. Free wifi in the lobby; guests can also make use for free 30 minutes of four desktops with printer in lobby which made our stay really convenient to catch up with news from home and/or print out (for free) transport tickets, hotel bookings, maps, etc.

Standard twin room had standard single beds and was not huge but just enough to move around in even with 2 pieces of luggage. Nice crisp sheets with duvet, one soft and one firm pillow, well lighted, with long study/all purpose counter, nothing out of order in the room. There were also enough electrical outlets for all our gadgets. For a fee, broadband & wifi can be had in the room.

Bathrooms not spacious but just enough to comfortably move about; bathtub and telephone shower were together and a magnifying make-up mirror, which being both near and farsighted I really appreciated.

Be sure to specify a non-smoking room because otherwise, the smoke smell can really be so strong as to keep you awake even with the windows open.

Buffet breakfast had an extensive and delicious selection of cut and whole fruits, cold and hot meats, cheeses, selection of teas, wonderful breads and pastries served at the first floor restaurant; the danishes are to die for. Worth every calorie.

We were there twice. the first breakfast was on the 19th of August and the servers all seemed to be in a bad mood. Friendlier and more helpful attitude from the servers would have made me give them a 9 on a scale of 1-10 but two servers we encountered that day did not incline to be gracious. When guests approached the out-of-order coffee machine and asked them about coffee, two servers both said, no coffee, out of order, ungraciously without even pointing out that there is coffee on the table. The pretty orange coffee jug on the table looked more like a water jug than one for coffee. It took another guest to point it out to us, rather than the servers who had the wrong serving attitude. I saw the same thing happen to other guests as well.

However, we had breakfast again there on the 25th of August and service was great, friendly and up to Starwood graciousness. It might be that there were fewer guests on the 25th, since the garden extension of the restaurant was closed.

If staff attitude can be maintained, then the hardware and efficient service were certainly all up to 4 star standards. A couple of the front office staff were also rather abrupt in their responses to queries.

Excellent gym facilities with two treadmills, all that I needed for my weight exercises, flatscreen TV with an indoor lap pool and excellent sauna and shower facilities. Much more than can be expected of hotel gyms.

A hotel for budget and comfort, not for a luxurious stay. I'd return for the breakfast Danish (specially the chocolate twist) or even make a special trip for them when in the area.

Room Tip: The view from our room 418 (smoking) and 522 (non-smoking) is nothing to write home about, some plai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Nina C
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear "Nina C" from Taiwan,

thank you very much for your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel and for taking the time to write such a detailed and helpful comment here on tripadvisor.

You can be sure that we will take your comment about our staff were serious and as a chance to further improve our services to make sure our staff acts in the friendly way they are known for at all times.

We hope to welcome you again soon and always have our delicious danish patrys waiting for you.