“Very Good, will not disappoint”

Ranked #98 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent 3 nights in March 2013 and a very good stay it was. As many have commented, this hotel is close to the airport (20 minutes by taxi) which is very convenient. There isn't much to see or do nearby the hotel, but I was there on business and the evenings were dark and cold, so this didn't bother me as I had no desire to explore. I did spot a couple of restaurants nearby, 2-3 minutes walk, a Chinese and an Indian. So you need not be restricted to eating in the hotel even if you don't want to travel far.

When I booked, all the standard rooms had been taken so I ended up on the 11th floor in a 'superior' room which did not disappoint me. It was extremely clean and tidy and had a work desk/area in the corner. Included in the room rate was breakfast, internet and minibar so all in all I'd say that this was a value-for-money upgrade. My bathroom had a bath with shower. I noticed an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe and there was also a trouser press. Overall, a well equipped room.

Front desk staff speak excellent English as do staff in the 2 restaurants and all staff I encountered were very polite, helpful and attentive. There's a great selection to choose from at breakfast which should suit most tastes and cultures. Breakfast is buffet style with eggs cooked to order. Evening meal in the 'German Style' restaurant was surprisingly good.

There are always taxis waiting in front of the hotel so it's easy to get where you're going to. Although at peak periods in the morning, when everyone seems to be leaving at the same time, you might have to wait 10 minutes.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you were really satisfied with our exceptional staff and all our products and services. It is a pleasure and very important for us that "you feel home away from home" during your stay.

We made sure your kind comments were passed on to our team.

Hopefully your traveling plans bring you back to Frankfurt and the Sheraton Congress Hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property on more than one occasion and have found the rooms and hotel to be perfectly adequate, especially for a business trip.

Pro's:
Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable if small (the single rooms have a US Full size bed, which may surprise some guests who are expecting a king sized bed).
The Link@Sheraton provides complimentary printing and internet access in the lobby if you are unwilling to pay the 16 euro per day for use in the guest rooms. They also offer 45 minutes complimentary in the lobby area.
Breakfast is plentiful and the standard you would expect, though the espresso machine makes very small drinks
We ate in the German-style restaurant which was good.

Con's:
This hotel is not in downtown Frankfurt, but the tram-line #12 runs right outside the hotel and will take you into the center in 20 minutes for 2,60.
There aren't really many restaurants or much to do in the surrounding area.
Guest rooms aren't exactly furnished in a modern standard; though this may be an issue for some more than others - it doesn't bother me as I found the rooms to be clean which was the most important aspect.
Add-on's, wifi, parking, breakfast, meals in the restaurant could greatly increase your trip cost if you utilize them. Again, there are obviously ways to avoid this and alternatives available. There are a lot of complaints online about wifi costs, but I found the 16 euro per day to be pretty standard for continental Europe in a 4 star property.

Overall:
This is a fine property for guest room nights and for business use, and though off the beaten track could be just fine for individuals or families going to Frankfurt as the tram is so easy to use.

Room Tip: I had a "great room on the executive level" according to the front desk - but I think all...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear guest from London,

thank you very much for being a loyal guest and for sharing your experiences with us.

We agree with you that the cleanliness of a guest room is very important and we are proud of our Housekeeping department, which is doing a great job.

Thank you very much for your compliments, we are happy to read that you are recommending us in such a positive way.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed in Frankfurt many times - usually shorter trips and have a variety of hotels, mostly Starwoods. Staying near the center (Zeil) offers quick walks to shops and restaurants but this hotel, which is close to the airport but still less than 4 miles to downtown, is an excellent value. I've stayed here several times - attracted by its prices - sometimes in regular rooms, sometimes in suites (platinum upgrades) and I've always had a wonderful experience. The front desk has always been great, patient and have done what they could to make my stay a pleasure. The breakfast buffet is full of options, the restaurant(s) including the traditional bavarian one have good food and the lounge/bar in the lobby modern and relaxing. The neighborhood is a key attraction for me. On the south side it faces onto a forrest (with a horse stable nearby) and a golf course. I've walked the forrest several times in different seasons and I've always enjoyed it. On the north side, there is a commercial park, which for those interested in architecture or photography will find it worthwhile. The German modern architecture then changes to an old neighborhood of traditional houses with great detail on them. A few photos I posted here might give you a better sense. A walk, tram, or short taxi ride get you the museums and downtown. Overall, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back facing the forest have wonderful views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Yiorgos A
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Yiorgos,

WOW - thank you very much for your nice and detailed comments.

Your commendation is a most welcome motivation. We will do our best to keep up our personal service. Be assured that we will forward your comments to our staff; there is no better way to thank them as by a positive guest feedback.

We hope you will come back soon. It will be a great pleasure for us to see you in the near future.

"Vielen Dank" - With Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dear trippers,

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night before we left for Mexico. This hotel is just a 10 minutes drive away from the airport of Frankfurt. It's situated in a business district.
When we arrived at the desk the staff greets us by our names ! I was very surprised but they told us we were the last ones they expected that day. So with an offer for a free upgrade service gets a 10! We slept very well in good beds and a nice room with a view to the back where you can see a large forrest. The bathroom was a bit disappointing since there was no bath only a shower. But who complaints for € 95,= breakfast included. An additional € 16,= we payed for parking. Breakfast is an 8 since there was plenty to choose from.
So people if you want a nice rest before leaving to the airport this is a hotel we would like to recommend you.

Have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the garden.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "The Heinles",

Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We hope you enjoyed your trip to Mexico!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your upgraded room with a balcony and the nice view over the big city forest. We made sure your kind comments were passed on to our team.
Next time please ask for one of our rooms with a bath tub!

Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed there one night in Feb 2013 on our way from Southern Germany to Düsseldorf by car. Location was excellent. 2 miles off the highway. Underground parking available at little cost. Parking lot secured. Check-in efficient and friendly. Everything was ready for the Platinum amenities. Got a voucher for a beer at the bar and a complimentary drink sent to the room (because there is no SPG lounge). Creative idea - well done! Room (upgrade) was relatively small but I don't count this as a minus given the building is rather old and has no bigger rooms. Yet we got a room with balcony. Everything else was very good. Except the noise - one can clearly hear the planes; probably new isolation would be a good idea. Also, housekeeping should be briefed when a couple arrives (i.e. two bathrobes etc. etc.). Next morning: great breakfast buffet. Way above what I had expected. Very friendly service, not only in the restaurant, generally throughout the hotel. Check-out as efficient, professional and friendly ask check-in. Will defenitely go back, especially at the competitive rates. I always consider a hotel's ranking in respect to the rate I pay and what I get. That is clearly above average for this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Platinum Guest from Zuerich,

it has always a great value for us to receive such a positive feedback from a frequent traveller and loyal Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum Member like you.

You prove us that we found a great way to honour your member status without having a lounge.

We hope that the noise from the planes which can occur during the day in the balcony rooms did not disturb you. We also have rooms facing away from the airport.

Again thank you very much for your great feedback, especially for complimenting our staff. That means a lot to us and we will make sure to share your feedback with everybody.

We hope to seeing you again soon at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a decent hotel and I had a good stay. Rooms were nice, staff friendly, and food good. Location is about 10 minutes from the airport and close to an office park. I would only recommend staying here if you have business at one of the nearby offices, otherwise, there are better airport hotels such as the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Centre or the Hilton Airport Hotel. This hotel is not convenient for tourists or those wishing to see downtown Frankfurt either. Overall I would recommend this hotel and stay here again if I had business in the area. Good for business but not good for vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest from L.A.,

thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

We are glad that you recommend our rooms, the food and the friendliness of our staff.

We do agree that our location is optimized for business guests. But we do also have a lot of leisure guests who enjoy the convenient public transportation. Tram #12 stops right in front of the hotel and brings you straight into the city center in only 15 minutes.

We would be happy to provide you with some more information about the public transportation with your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Location was perfect for me as is 5 minutes walking distance from LCC headquaters I had trainings. there is Tram station and it's very useful - you can get to the city center or even airport easily. center is far, but by tram it's not boring to get there and back; hotel is on a quiet place, nothing disturbes you in your room, bed was perfect - i felt a sleep upon arrival for almost a whole day :) breakfast was really perfect - choice is big, you can't stop eating as everything is very tastefull. on the second day of my stay there were a congress members - breakfast hall was crowded, not too comfortable but i did my best to ignore this disturbness and enjoy my breakfast. very important for me - in the lobby was free internet for the hotel guests, daily an hour. Unfortunately i haven't enjoyed the SPA, had no time to swim or go to gym...
I had to start from this - the receptionist was very helpful - he couldn't find my booking, but checked me inn very quick, didn't make me waiting at all

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but comfortable. Bed is perfect. good is that smoking rooms are on the same floor...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear "Nino-Discovery",

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you were very satisfied with our staff and our service, the quality of our breakfast buffet as well as your nice room with our very comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.

Your kind comments were passed on to our whole team.

We do hope that your traveling plans bring you back to Frankfurt and the Sheraton Congress Hotel.

With kind regards,