“Great location & comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Ranked #16 of 275 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersGold level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location & comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We only stayed one night before leaving Germany and flying back to Asia. All we wanted was a centrally located and comfortable hotel, which the Steigenberger definitely is. Our room was bright, clean, modern and had a fantastic bathroom. The shower was like a spaceship, and after some trial and error we managed to operate it with ease.

All of Frankfurt's key places are within walking distance, so we spent the evening meandering through old Sachsenhausen, sampling Applewine and some authentic German food.

Important to remember: hotel standards are different in Europe, compared to Asia. So don't expect big bling or a substantial briefing of the hotel's perks upon arrival. Also, the hotel has unfortunately only single duvets. We asked housekeeping for a king size duvet ... but without success.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Britta M
Moritz_Klein, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
Dear Britta M,

Thank you for your kind feedback. At the same time please accept my apoligies for the lack of service experienced with our housekeeping - an unusual occurence.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon and remain.

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I arrived 40 minutes after stated check in time. Room not ready. 10 minutes expected until it should be ready. Asked to sit down on a chair in the reception area and wait. Then another 5 minutes. Then another 5 minutes. Then another 10 minutes. After 30 minutes of waiting I suggested that maybe it would be a good idea for the receptionist to offer me a drink in the bar(something that usually happens automatically at most hotels in this situation). The request was granted and I received a beer in the nice bar of the hotel. After another 10 minutes my room was ready and I received my keycard and a room number. No information about hotel facilities or breakfast hours or location of restaurant. Upon entering the assigned room I get a little surprised. I had booked a newly renovated 39 square meter Grand Deluxe room in a hotel that advertises that all rooms are renovated as of 2012. I arrive in a room that there is no chance of any renovation taking place in the last 40 years and if it was larger than 25 sqm i would be really surprised. After contacting the reception I am assigned a new room that is really great so problem taken care of without to much of a hassle. Checkout next morning. Stiff service. No offer of assistance with luggage. 15 minute wait for valet parked car. All in all really nice room and really nice breakfast but all contact with staff disappointing from a service perspective. After 3 weeks on the road and staying in 9 different 5 star hotels in Europe this hotel is the only disappointment. Staff at almost any IBIS is better trained. Steigenberg Stuttgart or Hamburg in the same chain might have less impressive buildings and rooms( at least the final one I got here) but the experience is in my experience better due to staff there that acts like they care about the guests and that is something that was seriously lacking here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RobertJoh
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear RobertJoh,
Thank you for your constructive feedback and our today’s telephone conversation. As discussed, we apologize for our poor services and the unprofessional handling of your twin bed request even though you were travelling alone. We should have realized that before and of course looked after you in a better way.
We are glad that you otherwise like our hotel and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.
Kind regards,
Armin Schröcker
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Upon arrival, one is immediately struck by the superior service and friendliness that is found throughout this hotel. Even though I was a late arrival (approx. 7:30pm) and the front desk was exceptionally busy with guests, (during the Frankfurt Music Festival) the staff were very efficient and friendly to all guests no matter the questions or concerns. They consistently acknowledged those waiting in line which made one feel that your presence was important to them and they would get to you as quickly as possible. The room was furnished in a modern, sophisticated style yet very comfortable. It was equipped with every amenity to make you feel at home. As a very frequent traveler I am very partial to hotels that equip the rooms with Nespresso coffee making machines!! The cleanliness is very apparent not only in the room but throughout the hotel. Dining at Oscars was a delight. The menu is simple and uncomplicated. The atmosphere is relaxing and the service once again exceptional, a great place to relax and unwind after a long day of travelling. This hotel is definitely the place to stay if you are looking for the "complete Package"....great location for both the business and leisure traveler, comfort and luxury, and above all exceptional customer service. I am very much looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mickey T,

Thank you for posting on this site and your detailed review of your stay. The whole team and I are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for one night. This was my first stay in this hotel and will be also my last!

The room was nice, the building as well. Check-in was relatively smooth. The attitude of the staff was very disappointing and not worthy of a 5 star hotel. The staff does not even say hello and smiles when you run into them.

I arrived at 10pm and needed to wake up at 6am.

When I got into the room there was a welcome card and some half-eaten fruits/biscuits left as well as a room key with check-out date the same as mine. I called reception and asked whether I received the right room - reception didn't seem to care and eventually said they will send someone around to double check. Nobody came for at least 20 minutes and when someone finally came, the guy was rude and asked what my 'problem' was. When I explained it he seemed to pretend this is normal and I should ignore the welcome card etc. When I questioned what type of service this was, he called the manager. The manager came after another 20 minutes and was as rude.

I also wanted a quick bite but there was no room service menu. I called reception and room service and it took them 45 mins (!!!) to bring me one. My food came another 35 mins later.

All in all very disappointing service. My recommendation is to go with the Hilton or the Eurotheum Inn - both have great service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank adnan s
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Adnan S,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. We have read your review with much dismay and we are dreadfully sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior of our employees and we have discussed your experience in great detail with our team concerned in order to improve our services.
We hope to welcoming you back soon and I look forward to meeting you in person when you come next to Frankfurt.
Kind regards
Armin Schröcker
Chatsworth, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall wonderful experience, great staff, helpful and polite. Excellent location, very comfy bed ands lovely room. The only issue we had was we called for a bellman in the morning to help with our bags, and they never showed. The exit to a taxi required going down stairs with luggage, so we had to call for the bellman outside for help. He, however, was apologetic and very kind.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Davia S,

Thank you for your very kind review and praise which is much appreciated. At the same time please accept my apologies for the lack of service experienced with your luggage as this does not reflect the service we normally provide.

We all here look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a great place. Quick checkin, quick check out. stayed on 5th floor. the aircon was working and silent. It was very sunny and hot outside during my stay but even in the morning the big curtains kept the room completely dark. Fantastic bed, mattress, duvet and pillows. 5stars.

But there is room for improvement:
the "complementary" water (sparkling and still) comes with a price tag of 5eur each.
In addition there is no free wlan internet in the room. Access comes with a surcharge as well.
If you watch on demand movies there is another 20eur. No single movie option.

Good place, old building in good shape, great location - I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank blAjOe
Dear blAjOe,

Thank you for your posting on this site. Your feedback is much appreciated and I am happy to let you know that by now WIFI is complimentary for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Cheshire, U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and was somewhat disappointed with the hotel. A (dangerous?) faulty radiator control in the room (wires exposed) was not fixed, even after telling 3 staff members about it; some curtain hooks were missing so the curtain drooped; room turndown service only took place one evening; night room service might as well not have existed (offered a choice of two soups, nothing else!). Not 5 star customer care...
Good points: impressive building in a super location; very comfortable bed; good breakfast selection with pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheena099
Dear Sheena099,

Though we are sorry to hear that you had problems during your stay, we like to thank you for your feedback. We surely failed this time in providing the service we are known for and for that I apologize.

We hope to be able to convince you of the improvements during a possible next stay at our hotel.

Best regards