“terrible service”

Ranked #19 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for one night. This was my first stay in this hotel and will be also my last!

The room was nice, the building as well. Check-in was relatively smooth. The attitude of the staff was very disappointing and not worthy of a 5 star hotel. The staff does not even say hello and smiles when you run into them.

I arrived at 10pm and needed to wake up at 6am.

When I got into the room there was a welcome card and some half-eaten fruits/biscuits left as well as a room key with check-out date the same as mine. I called reception and asked whether I received the right room - reception didn't seem to care and eventually said they will send someone around to double check. Nobody came for at least 20 minutes and when someone finally came, the guy was rude and asked what my 'problem' was. When I explained it he seemed to pretend this is normal and I should ignore the welcome card etc. When I questioned what type of service this was, he called the manager. The manager came after another 20 minutes and was as rude.

I also wanted a quick bite but there was no room service menu. I called reception and room service and it took them 45 mins (!!!) to bring me one. My food came another 35 mins later.

All in all very disappointing service. My recommendation is to go with the Hilton or the Eurotheum Inn - both have great service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank adnan s
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Adnan S,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. We have read your review with much dismay and we are dreadfully sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior of our employees and we have discussed your experience in great detail with our team concerned in order to improve our services.
We hope to welcoming you back soon and I look forward to meeting you in person when you come next to Frankfurt.
Kind regards
Armin Schröcker

996 - 1,002 of 1,942 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall wonderful experience, great staff, helpful and polite. Excellent location, very comfy bed ands lovely room. The only issue we had was we called for a bellman in the morning to help with our bags, and they never showed. The exit to a taxi required going down stairs with luggage, so we had to call for the bellman outside for help. He, however, was apologetic and very kind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Moritz_Klein, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2015

Dear Davia S,

Thank you for your very kind review and praise which is much appreciated. At the same time please accept my apologies for the lack of service experienced with your luggage as this does not reflect the service we normally provide.

We all here look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a great place. Quick checkin, quick check out. stayed on 5th floor. the aircon was working and silent. It was very sunny and hot outside during my stay but even in the morning the big curtains kept the room completely dark. Fantastic bed, mattress, duvet and pillows. 5stars.

But there is room for improvement:
the "complementary" water (sparkling and still) comes with a price tag of 5eur each.
In addition there is no free wlan internet in the room. Access comes with a surcharge as well.
If you watch on demand movies there is another 20eur. No single movie option.

Good place, old building in good shape, great location - I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blAjOe

Dear blAjOe,

Thank you for your posting on this site. Your feedback is much appreciated and I am happy to let you know that by now WIFI is complimentary for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and was somewhat disappointed with the hotel. A (dangerous?) faulty radiator control in the room (wires exposed) was not fixed, even after telling 3 staff members about it; some curtain hooks were missing so the curtain drooped; room turndown service only took place one evening; night room service might as well not have existed (offered a choice of two soups, nothing else!). Not 5 star customer care...
Good points: impressive building in a super location; very comfortable bed; good breakfast selection with pleasant staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheena099

Dear Sheena099,

Though we are sorry to hear that you had problems during your stay, we like to thank you for your feedback. We surely failed this time in providing the service we are known for and for that I apologize.

We hope to be able to convince you of the improvements during a possible next stay at our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

we were there one night with my family .The perfect location between business and old part of town . The shadow of history is everywhere there. Not bad Oscar restaurant with street view. The Hotel is a member of Fine Hotels , so for Amex card holders it is good choice.

Room Tip: the high floor rooms have small balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alexander49

Dear alexander49,

Thank you for posting your review on this site. Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here with my family approximately a month ago (21-23 May 2013) and I have to say I have excellent stay.
First, this hotel is a beauty… I love everything about it.. the classic elegant design yet cozy that make you feel special… Staffs were friendly, with efficient check in and check out.
the room was large for us three, very clean, with all great amenities… if there is something you need and you do not found it in room, you can just ask for it, and they will delivered it to your room :)
I stayed in deluxe room with promotion of stay 3 night and save 30%, which I like very much…
If you are worried about the view of your window, I suggest to contact the hotel upon your arrival, speak up your concern and they will help you fulfil your wish :)
The location was just perfect… I can not be more satisfied with that… You have several nice restaurant and cafe (i.e. Starbucks) just when you walked out the door! (I LOVE the sushi restaurant across the street!)
If I had chance to visit Frankfurt again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again… definitely!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Utamie,

Thank you for your very kind review. The whole team and I are very happy to know that you fully enjoyed your stay at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof and we all hope that you will be returning soon.

Until then I remain with kind regards

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here again a couple of weeks ago. I was upgraded to a huge room with great amenities. The bath / shower were amazing.

Breakfast offers every food group imaginable and the cappuccino was excellent.

Nice stay and will come back soon.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Madcal9000

Dear Madcal9000,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked our newly renovated rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.