Stayed for one night. This was my first stay in this hotel and will be also my last!
The room was nice, the building as well. Check-in was relatively smooth. The attitude of the staff was very disappointing and not worthy of a 5 star hotel. The staff does not even say hello and smiles when you run into them.
I arrived at 10pm and needed to wake up at 6am.
When I got into the room there was a welcome card and some half-eaten fruits/biscuits left as well as a room key with check-out date the same as mine. I called reception and asked whether I received the right room - reception didn't seem to care and eventually said they will send someone around to double check. Nobody came for at least 20 minutes and when someone finally came, the guy was rude and asked what my 'problem' was. When I explained it he seemed to pretend this is normal and I should ignore the welcome card etc. When I questioned what type of service this was, he called the manager. The manager came after another 20 minutes and was as rude.
I also wanted a quick bite but there was no room service menu. I called reception and room service and it took them 45 mins (!!!) to bring me one. My food came another 35 mins later.
All in all very disappointing service. My recommendation is to go with the Hilton or the Eurotheum Inn - both have great service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1876, the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is located in the heart of the city in middle of the historic, financial district, near the cathedral where the emperor's coronation once took place. Our hotel attracts global travellers who are as unique as our 303 luxurious rooms. Choose from traditional or modern decor; the extravagant and timeless elegance of the interior fulfils even the most sophisticated desires of our guests. In the morning we welcome you to one of the best breakfasts in the city, with exquisite delicacies served in our "Hofgarten" restaurant. The "Autorenbar" invites you to join us for a royal afternoon tea, before it becomes an evening hotspot in the Main-metropolis serving a choice of select spirits. Spoil your senses by choosing to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Francais or our iconic restaurant OSCAR*S. Experience the largest SPA in Frankfurt where effortless luxury, creativity, and the art of well-being are combined. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof Frankfurt
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof Hotel Frankfurt