Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
NH Frankfurt Airport(Kelsterbach)
4,316 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportsports barcigar loungeclub rooman early flightbetween flightsbusiness centerconvenient locationsalemdavidoffavtoconveniencecostasspgtraingermanyplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Sheraton is located in the airport and is therefore very convenient for layovers. The club floor is nice with the offerings and staff very pleasant. The furniture in the lounge is not very comfortable, however.

The hotel capitalizes on its location and I suspect high demand to charge very high rates for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Dear 713BizTraveler,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am glad that you could benefit from the convenience of our hotel for your stopover in Frankfurt. We would be pleased to get the chance to welcome you soon again. Maybe you will have the time to share your experiences with us again – that would be highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 18, 2010

It's somewhat hard to give an objective review to this hotel. On the one hand, its location is obviously perfect for people using the airport, and for that alone many drawbacks can be ignored. On the other hand you get a relatively old and dreary building with a similar rooms (they are clean and quiet but they do feel somewhat "outdated" and very "basic") for a very high price (especially if you didn't make reservations in advance). It does have all necessary facilities, especially for business-oriented people, and the food is good in all of its restaurants/bars, but all of them have this completely soulless, utilitarian "feel" to them. The hotel staff is efficient and somewhat friendly, though the excuses they come up with to justify the room prices are completely ridiculous - such as commonly used "well, it's a 5-star hotel" phrase. I'm sorry, but aside from its location, NOTHING in this hotel feels like "5-star". Overall I'd say it's ok if you MUST stay near the airport but otherwise you should look elsewhere. Hopefully "The Squaire" (a new, huge modern-looking "arrival center" across the road from Sheraton) will be finally completed early next year and will offer more modern and luxurious accommodation options for the airport users.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank JustATraveller26
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Dear hotel guest from New York,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I see that you were not entirely satisfied with your hotel experience. I am sorry that we could not make you feel more comfortable. Do you know that we have rooms in four different categories plus 28 suites? I am sure that among the various types and sizes of rooms there is one that suits you perfectly. Please have a look at our website to find pictures of the different rooms.

Your last experience was not a positive one. I hope you will give us another chance to show you that our hotel is not only convenient for air travelers but also a place to stay because of high service levels and superior quality.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

A decent airport hotel. Rooms clean and quiet. The overnight shoe shine has disappeared!

Dear BCtraveler44,

I am very pleased to see that you are a frequent visitor of our hotel and also a frequent writer of hotel reviews. The last time we “corresponded” via TripAdvisor I asked you to give us your feedback again at your next stay. Well, thank you very much for your efforts! Please note that we still offer the shoe shine service. I hope we did not cause you any inconveniences at your last stay with that.

I look forward to receiving your next comments! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2010

This hotel is great for getting up the next morning , rolling those bags a short distance, and checking in for your flight! The staff is very professional, always acknowledging you with a smile, and very helpful. They went beyond what I've ever experienced with any hotel staff. The hotel and rooms are very nice and clean. Yes, it is expensive to stay, eat, and drink here for the average vacationer. I'm sure their costs are high to have the hotel located at the airport, keep an excellent staff working there, cleaning, utilities etc... Like they say "you get what you pay for" and if I was flying out of Frankfurt , I'd spend the money to stay here again.

1  Thank 2_travelers_from_Pa

Dear travelers from Pennsylvania,

You hit the nail right on the head! Our location is a highly convenient one but also rather on the expensive side of upkeep and so on. We definitely do our best to offer fair rates and are proud to say that our room prices are among the lowest compared to other European airport hotels. At the same time, we strive to keep our service levels at the highest possible level. It is very flattering for us that you noted our efforts and I would like to thank you very much for your commendation.

I hope your next flights via Frankfurt are booked already…

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 9, 2010

I was taken ill on the train going to Munich and Austria, and after treatment at Frankfurt airport clinic I and my husband decided I would have to return home. The obvious hotel was the Sheraton, part of the complex, normally quite beyond our means. The price started very high but the receptionist went onto the internet, got the price down a bit and then upgraded us to an executive suite! The porter handled our luggage and promised to get us on the morning train. The room was large, very clean with a nice big bathroom, with every facility for the business person.. Reception looked up trains for us and gave us a written copy. Television included ITV3!
Because we were in an executive suite breakfast was included in the executive lounge and it was a splended breakfast which unfortunately I could not fully take part.
So all the help we needed seemed to be in place. Unfortunately in the morning reception gave us an alarm call instead of the promised porter, and we just caught the train ourselves but this was the only slip-up.
I doubt we would ever stay in the Sheraton again but for hep and efficiency with the exception of the one slip up I would rate it very highly.

Dear Katekkennedy,

Travelers have all sorts of stories to tell. Yours made me want to have your phone number to call and ask you if you had a good trip home and felt better soon. I am sorry that you had to cut your journey short and go home again. At least we could help you a little on your way home and make you comfortable before your return flight.

I greatly appreciate your review on TripAdvisor, especially because you doubt that you will ever stay at our hotel again. Thank you for summarizing your experiences and giving us such a high score. The issue with the porter must have been a misunderstanding – please accept my apology for the hassle we caused you with this.

I hope you will feel like travelling again soon. Maybe you will even drop in at our hotel when you are in Frankfurt. My hotel team and I would be happy to see you again.

All the best,