“Efficent & convenient”

Ranked #37 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Northampton, England
“Efficent & convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2007

Not at all that well sign posted from the airport even though it is connected by two walkways from Terminal 1. I flew into Terminal 2 which involved taking a train between terminals. Frankfurt is a big sprawling airport so it is easy to get confused.

Rooms are fine, adequate including a coffee maker. I had a club room with club lounge access which was comfortable and well stocked.

I stayed here for three nights as I was attending a conference, which is no doubt longer than the average guest stay. However the rooms lacked for nothing. I ate every day in the hotel and found the food to be very good and varied. I also found the staff I met plentiful, courteous and efficient. Bar staff proffessional and even when they were very busy I never waited long to be served a drink. Conference facilities were good and kept away from the main hotel traffic.

Views from every window seem to be of an airport, a busy motorway or a train station which act as reminders for exactly where you are located, no romantic beaches or endless savanah here! But for an airport hotel where priorities differ from other hotels, it certainly meets most requirements. Good location for a global conference too as Frankfurt airport is more-or-less accessable world wide.

Now I know the route from the airport to the Sheraton I won't forget it and I the hotel certainly left a positive impression..

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Ruskieray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

I stayed at the Sheraton for 3 days and had a great experience.
The room was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The concierge service was excellent. At one point I ran out of business cards and needed extra ones for the next day. I notified the concierge service and they came to my rescue and solve my problem by the next morning.
Although it is somewhat more expensive than the rest, it is well worht it. The breakfast buffet alone is worth the price. There are very few buffets that can be compared to the one offered by the Sheraton.
In all, I was very impressed with the hotel and its staff and I would definitely return there again.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The business center
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Pacwell
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2007

When we missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt by five minutes, we were forced to spend 12 hours in Frankfurt. At this point we had been up since 3am London time and were just desperate for somewhere to shower and sleep. We found the Sheraton easy to find as it is connected to the airport, and staff quickly checked us in at a day rate and upgraded our room because of my starwood preferred guest card. Additionally, the check out time was extended an hour later free of charge. We found our room to be clean and very comfortable, and enjoyed the two on site restaurants.

• Liked — the convienance to the airport, the day rates
  • Disliked — room was slightly on the small side
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rach727
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2007

Met my husband there to continue on to a trip to Asia. Ideal stop after a long plane ride. The room was small but comfortable and clean. Ideal location at the airport for hanging out until your next flight. Hotel restaurants offered good food. The one German restaurant had delicious food and great ambiance. Enjoyed the Wiener Schnitzel and Riesling wines. Fitness center had all the amenites you need along with a great view of watching cars fly down the autobahn. I would definitely stay at the Sheraton again. Location is way too convenient!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Zurich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2007

I arrived in Frankfurt airport late in the evening. Even though the hotel is in the airport it was hard to find and I had to ask three times. It is in Terminal 1, near Section B. Despite the lateness there was a long queue for reception although the receptionist was very pleasant when I got to the front. She gave me the ( I thought ) good news that I had been upgraded; she did not tell me what was obvious when I got to the door of the room - it was a smoking room despite my confirmed non smoking reservation.
It stank. In fact the room was on a no smoking floor but the ashtray and hotel matches showed that this was meant to be no smoking.

I rang reception who said that they were very full but that they would look into it and call back right away. They didn't. To cut a long story short, by midnight it was obvious I had the choice of sleeping in the room or in the airport. I made the wrong decision and slept in the room. The next morning I felt like I had been sleeping in an ashtray and my clothes hanging in the closet smelt

The next morning there was an even longer queue to check out. Noone asked whether I had enjoyed my stay. They would not have received a very cordial answer.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank Tyma
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2007

Good all round hotel. We walked in on the off chance of a room (had a bad experience at a hotel we had booked and decided to try Sheraton instead) The room we were given was large and clean plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. The staff had fantastic customer care skills. We would stay here again without a doubt.

• Liked — very clean and large comfortable room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — idea for airport
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank maltesetraveller
undisclosed
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2006

We ( older couple) decided to stay here and opted for the club room, which were both good decisions. The room was nice, clean, and quiet. We had asked for a quenn or king-sized and got 2 smaller beds, but that was the only problem. The business lounge, which is included with the club rooms, on the 9th floor was very nice and we spent the evening just relaxing, snacking, and talking about our vacation. Only inconvenience was there was an "event" going on, so there was no parking, which meant we had to umload at the lower level and carry our bags up the flight of stairs to reception - not a good first impression. The next morning, we walked right into the terminal and we again agreed this was the right choice for a hotel.

• Liked — location! location! location!
  • Disliked — carrying bags up 2 flights of stairs
  • Tips/Secrets — Upgrade to the club rooms - it is worth the difference in price
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,328 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#46 of 268 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!