“EXCELLENT AIRPORT HOTEL”

Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Irvine, California
“EXCELLENT AIRPORT HOTEL”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Frankfurt Airport Sheraton Germany, is a very clean, friendly and convenient airport hotel with an engaged and courteous staff. I have stayed at the FRA Airport Sheraton and hosted business meetings on site many times over 20 years. The hotel personnel: front desk, concierge, room attendants and restaurant staff go out of their way to be accommodating and proactive.

Combining the excellent staff with clean rooms, comfortable beds, upgraded bath and shower equipment, first-class gym and sauna facilities, and the added convenience of walking 5 minutes indoors to the airport terminals - this is a great hotel and very hard to beat at FRA.

Room Tip: There are outstanding views of the airport from the 9th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Peter M,

Thank you so much for your favorable feedback. Your input is highly appreciated and we are delighted about your long-standing loyalty to our hotel. We hope to remain your preferred hotel in Frankfurt for many more years and will certainly continue to do our best to make you happy here.

Happy Holidays and see you soon in Frankfurt!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Ended up having to stay three nights in this airport hotel

LOCATION
Excellent- connected to both the airport and the train station.

ROOMS
Adequate- nothing special but nothing broken

SERVICE
No issues

GYM
Very good gym

Overall, this is a good airport hotel
But a distance from Frankfurt

Tip- Nice Paulaner Restaurant nearby for German food

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Koreaninsingapore,

Thank you very much for posting a review of your hotel stay in May. I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay. Our “Sheraton Fitness” gym is really the perfect place to work out. We receive a lot of positive feedback for it. I am not sure if you went to the city because you mention that it is too far away. It actually takes only 15 to 20 minutes to reach the city center by train or taxi. I hope you will remember our hotel when you stay overnight again in Frankfurt. We would be happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

ENGLAND
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I booked the Sheraton because there was a special offer and I can not usually afford to stay here for business trips. I think my expectations were too high and the first challenge was checking in . It was quite late in the evening and there were hundreds of folks queuing to check in because of a cancelled flight. I decided to go for dinner rather than wait but an hour later the queue was just as long. I managed to check in at the 'Towers Desk' where they were very helpful especially because my room was of lower standard. I accept any hotel can have problems with unplanned events but this must happen with some frequency so I thought an better plan would be in place.

The room was also disappointing. It was clean but the walls were scuffed perhaps by the cleaing trolleys and some refurbishment is required.

I think some rooms may have been improved already so worth asking when you check in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trudy R,

First of all: Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to review your stay. I regret that you were a little disappointed. We will take your comments to heart and discuss a way to improve the check-in service. I hope you will stay with us again so that you will see that your helpful remarks have been fruitful.

Thank you once again and have Happy Holidays!

Gurgaon
Reviewed December 10, 2013

recent couple of stays at this very convinienty located hotel made me write this review.
i stayed at towers club floor level both the times and it was a great experience.
starting from bell boy to reception staff to lounge staff, everyone is just so friendly that you want to keep talking with them, they are looking ways to always extend that extra support while your stay!
i hope and wish all hotels have such great hospitality culture!

keep it up please!!!!

and pls try to send staff from this hotel to other hotels to teach them a bit....

Room Tip: club lounge floor, a bit expensive, but if its in your budget, go for it...
Dear NaveenJain65,

What a pleasure to read your commendation! I appreciate very much that you noticed the efforts of our hotel team to make our guests feel at home. It was a welcome motivation for us to receive such wonderful praise. We can’t wait to see you soon again…

Best regards,

bangkok
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Also here that place is pricy. Breakfast a whopping 32 Euros. And it has got very little to offer.
Rooms are very basic but expensive. The features and benefits are very little and not outright by the price paid for.
Solution is to take the short trip by train trip to Frankfurt.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher level seem to be better.
1 Thank hjty
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear hjty,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Regrettably, you were not entirely satisfied with your guest room. Please note that we offer rooms in various designs. I am positive that our Superior or Club rooms will find your full approval. During peak booking times, e.g. in the trade fair season, the room prices increase naturally. Of course, at other times, we also offer lower rates. Our guests can also choose between three different breakfast options. The cheapest one is available for only 8.90 Euros.

It would be great to welcome you soon again to our hotel. I hope we will see you here before long.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport is one of the worst airport hotels we’ve stayed in. It’s hard to imagine so much going wrong in a mere 13 hours. The problems began with check-in. The lines were long, the front desk was understaffed and they did not honor my SPG Gold status for an upgrade (despite claiming they did). It was clear when we got to our quarters that we had a real “dog” of a room – our tiny accommodations were certainly not the superior room pictured on the hotel web site, plus ours was facing the interior just a few feet above the air conditioning duct work.

We figured that for a quick overnight it would be good enough and was not worth making an issue. But I had to draw the line at the broken bedside lamp, and by broken I don’t mean the light bulb was broken (that was the case with one of the lamps) – by broken I mean the other lamp was broken at the base so that when we moved it away from the wall where it was propped up, it just collapsed. We sure were not going to try turning it on and risking an electrical fire. My attempts to call guest services were to no avail since the line just rang busy. I was forced to go downstairs to talk to the front desk but instead of helping me, the woman who had checked us in waved another person over and ignored me. At that point, I insisted on talking to the front office manager, who appeared to take serous note of the problems. He offered us access to the Executive Club after dinner while Engineering replaced the one lamp and light bulb of the other lamp. Unfortunately, the Club is locked, our room key did not open the glass door and when we rang the bell the Club attendant just ignored us.

Feeling like we were caught trying to crash, we just retreated to our room. The lamps had been fixed and then we discovered that the toilet did not flush. We resolved to just get through the next several hours until flight time but then we did not anticipate that we would also be provided with old pillows that were so threadbare and flat that it was like sleeping without a pillow. So, we did not get much sleep on top of everything else.

At check-out, I recounted our problems and the startled (but concerned) gentleman called over the Guest Services Manager to hear the details of our problems. He took copious notes and shook his head at the lengthening list of problems over so short a period of time. Yet, surprisingly, instead of saying “Let us pick up your dinner from last night” or “Let us make an adjustment to your room rate considering the problems”, he offered nothing. So we paid for our overpriced room and left. I guess the Manager thought the better of it after the fact because when I got home there was an email apologizing and offering some bonus points in my SPG account. While I appreciate that even a belated effort was made to apologize, it was too little, too late and the wrong gesture.

We will never stay here again, especially not with the much newer Hilton also connected to the train station/Terminal 1. And as an SPG elite member, that’s saying a lot.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any good rooms here. However, if you go out the front door of the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fantasticv0yage
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear fantasticv0yage,

There is only one thing to say: Sorry!
I sincerely regret that we turned your stay into such a negative experience. Yours is an unheard-of-case of inattention at our hotel and I can only emphasize that your experiences do not represent our usually very high standards. I understand that another stay at our hotel does not rank foremost in your traveling plans for the moment. Yet, I hope that you will one day stop over here again. Please let me know beforehand so that I can personally take care of making arrangements for you so that you will have a fully enjoyable stay.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel is located between Terminal 1 and the train station of Frankfurt International Airport. The walk to Terminal 1 takes only 2 minutes.
I had a Club Room that looked like refurbished not long ago. The room was clean and well equipped with Flat-TV, coffee- /tea-maker, ironing board, minibar, working desk, air condition, hairdryer, bath tub and more. The room is very well insulated against noise from the airport.
Since take-offs and landings are forbidden in night time at FRA airport, jet noise is not a disturbing factor anyway.
The Club Lounge on 9th floor offered food and drinks throughout the day. Nice. The hotel has a well equipped gym as well as a spa with steam bath, finnish sauna and relaxation area.
There are also some dining options like a buffet restaurant and a cuban bar for a drink in the evening with both smoking and non-smoking area.
Conclusion: For an overnight stay before or after a flight the Sheraton can be recommended, a club room is worth the higher rate.

Room Tip: A club room or tower room is worth the additional price.
Guten Tag zf34bu8q,

I appreciate that you took the time to summarize your recent stay. Thank you for the good score! Our Club floor services offer everything that distinguished travelers need. I am happy that you felt at home and had a nice time. Please come back soon – we would be delighted to see you soon again.

Thanks and best regards,

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,359 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#45 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!