“Attached to Airport and Bahn station. Excellent staff.”

Ranked #32 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Frankfurt on our way back from a 16 day trip. The hotel is extremely conveniently located, it is right next to the largest airport train station which means you can find regional trains to almost any destination within Germany and long distance trains to surrounding countries. There is a short walk to the airport and Sheraton’s wonderful staff is always willing to help you with getting to the airport, checking in, getting tax refunds (VAT) and dropping you at security check point. With Eugene and Ali’s (staff at Sheraton) It took us less than half an hour to get to security check in with their help. They helped my mother in her wheel chair to get to her security check in – they gave my son a wild ride all over the airport and helped us get our VAT refunds. They were patient and waited for us till we got all the formalities done and were ready to get to our gates. While the rooms and food are mediocre, they really score with a top class customer service and help you get to your next destination. We loved it and will love to come see Eugene and Ali in the future.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your children or parents I would ask for a room near the elevator. The hot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear TitterTot_Reviews,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We are totally flattered by our praiseworthy summary of your stay at our hotel. Your comment about our bellboys Eugene and Ali made me smile. They know the airport better than anyone else and are always willing to help. A feedback like yours is a great motivation for them and I will make sure that it will be shared with both.

Thank you very much and please come back soon.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,194)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I transited here for one night on a trip from Asia to the US. My total stay was ~12 hours, arriving in the evening and departing in the a.m.

When I checked in I got my room key and went to the room, only to find that the key didn't work. The bellman (who was exceptionally friendly and helpful, even though I didn't use him) gave my key to one of the three people working the desk, though I had to wait approx. 5 minutes before it was re-set. Note if you stay here that you'll need to dip your key in several times before it takes and unlocks the door.

The room itself was on the small side, which is not a big deal considering that it was for one night. My complaint was that the room, while having fan and temperature controls (displayed on a dial with a + / - ), never cooled down sufficiently to make for a good sleep. I slept with the covers off, which is difficult enough, but then still woke up due to the room being too warm. They need to fix that. And no, I didn't call down to the front desk because had it turned out that I had to switch rooms, it just wasn't worth it given how tired I was.

As a SPG member, I stayed on a Points+Cash plan; had I paid EUR 200+ I would have been pretty angry.

I might stay here again for a very short layover, however it would not be my first choice. Note, though, that the location cannot be beat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear William G,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Frankfurt. It was unusual hot in Germany the last couple of days and it seems that at the time of your stay the air-conditioning in your room did not deliver the requested temperature. I regret that we did not make you more comfortable. We will try to locate the room you stayed in and immediately fix the air condition to make sure that our guests sleep in a comfortable atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us soon again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Frankfurt in a few weeks but this time we arrive late at night and had to leave in the late morning.
In our first visit we had enough time during the day to go into the town and enjoy the old city and the market, enough to do to fill in 6 hours. A nice day trip if the weather is permitting.
This time we did not have as much time so it was perfect to be able to catch the airport train to the terminal and enter from here directly to the hotel.
On arrival we were offered an upgrade to use the club lounge. As it was already after 11.00 pm and the food was finished we were pleasantly surprised at the staff who offered to make us a plate of snacks and drinks. After a day's travel this was extremely welcome and appreciated.
Breakfast was also in the club lounge. If I had to add a negative it would be trying to eat of the coffee tables being only one dining table in the lounge. In future I would probably go down to the breakfast room even though it was otherwise extremely comfortable and well presented.
Checkout was quick, staff were excellent, position is perfect if you are just there overnight or for a business meeting.
It was a bit expensive for Frankfurt but early booking could reduce this.
Would stay here again if passing through or had an early leaving or late arriving flight. Only thing missing is the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear familyoftrippers,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and we are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Since you mentioned that you miss a pool I wonder if you had a look at our Wellness area? It offers a shared sauna, steam bath, and heated lounge chairs for soothing sore muscles and re-centering after a rigorous workout. Complimentary teas and fruits are available as well. Maybe you want to have a look upon your next stay?

It would be a great pleasure for us to see you soon again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The outside of the hotel is a throwback to the 1970’s and there are parts of the interior that are the same. The rooms are standard and functional but nothing to get excited about. I have used this hotel on numerous occasions over the last 5 years for business and they had a captive market due to their location. Compared to other hotels in Frankfurt they are expensive for what you get. But in saying all that the staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear JoeDublin,

Thank you for staying so frequently at our hotel. You are right; we may look a bit aged from the outside but we pay more attention to our “inner values”. Since you are a regular guest I think you appreciate our professional and friendly staff and their service provided to you. I hope you will agree that for business purposes we are the first address at Frankfurt airport.

We look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

-the WIFI connection was very poor ,I was very upset the morning I arrived and need to go on line
-the location is good as it is just a walk from airport
-the breakfast is good with the tasty French toast and selection of tea
- the room and walk way decoration is boring dark brown and dark red carpet
- running pipe water go brown when first open
- no security guard at entrance even it is connect to airport but the lifts operated with key card
- all men Indian/Arab housekeeping

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear MaeJa,

Thank you very much for your evaluation which is something in between good and bad. Thanks for bringing to our attention situations like the low WiFi connection or the running pipe water. Our departments are aware of your comments and have taken steps to ensure an appropriate solution to what you have mentioned. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced.

Please note that we have several security guards at our hotel 24 hours/7 days a week. Maybe you just did not see them but I promise they were there. Our hotel meets all current security standards and guests are safe and well taken care of.

I hope you will book a room here again for your next stopover.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to stay over at the Sheraton in the Towers and chose a club room package with breakfast and evening drinks/snacks. This was a great idea. The room is nothing special at all but the evening drinks and food was wonderful - you don't need to go out and eat - food and drinks available till late. Morning breakfast service was just as nice. We didn't check out any other services that the hotel had to offer. Check out is as late as 1pm and it's a short walk straight across a direct walkway to Terminal 1 to pick up your plane. Oh yeah.... I originally booked via Hotels.com on a non-refundable rate and made a mistake. The Sheraton were nice enough to cancel it anyway and re-book me with what I wanted - they didn't need to do that but have earned a loyal customer with such good service.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a Towers room with 'club' lounge benefits. That's what makes this pla...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear YokohamaGeezer,

Thank you very much for your generous feedback. You made the right choice when you decided to book a Club room package. At our Club level guests can take advantage of the private Club Lounge where you can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon hors d’oeuvres, and a variety of beverage options or simply relax by catching your favorite TV show. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Our Club team & I look forward to see you soon again in Frankfurt.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great for lay overs and is an easy walk to the hotel. The food is not bad and reasonably priced. The gym is also one of the better I have been to for a hotel. The best part was the club lounge, food was great with an outdoor seating/smoking area. The staff in the lounge could not have been nicer especially Lisa!! The only down fall was the air conditioning is not the best so ask for a fan upon checking in !

• Stayed: July 2013
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Biggiemac,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stopover at Frankfurt airport. I am glad you mentioned our Club terrace which is the only outside terrace at Frankfurt airport. Whether you would like to enjoy the sun or watch airplanes – our outside terrace is the ideal place for you.

I hope you will soon fly again via Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.