“OK for a conference or a top over”

Ranked #39 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Camberley, United Kingdom
“OK for a conference or a top over”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference and it was OK. The hotel is easily accessible from the airport (direct access from terminal 2) so it is great for a stop over.

The rooms are pretty nice and spacious and the hotel does have a few options to eat and drink but the issue is that it is near the airport and not the city so there really isn't that much to do. It is about 15 minutes into the city by cab. One thing which pleasantly surprised me is that the hotel is so well insulated that you do not hear noise from the planes which is great!

There is not outdoor space at all, other than the carparks which is a shame.

The service is ok, the staff are not particularly friendly or helpful though. No complaints about the food - I mainly had room service and conference food, but it was very good.

I wouldn't stay in this hotel other than for a conference but it is perfectly acceptable

Room Tip: I had a room on the 9th floor which was fine
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear sarahlew,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel during a conference.

You said there isn´t much to do at Frankfurt airport. I live in the hotel myself during the week and I do not share your opinion. Each month at Frankfurt Airport there are new, attractive shopping specials to discover, from sales promotions across culinary highlights to a wide range of theme weeks. From the Visitors' Terrace in Terminal 2 you can get a fascinating view of the Frankfurt Airport. You can experience Airport Sightseeing Tours and enjoy a close-up view of aircraft landing and taking off, now including breathtaking views of the Airbus A380.
And if that is not enough, it takes only 20 minutes from the Airport to the city center by public transportation. And from here, it is only a few minutes on foot to the historic city center, the most important sights, one of the world's biggest trade fair areas or the financial district.

I hope you will stay at our hotel again someday as we would like to show you that our location has much to offer.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a Hotel that is mainly intended for stopovers, delays etc. It is pretty good. Hotel rooms are roomy and well decorated especially in the club tower. Internet is not too strong but sufficient for overnight. The club lounge is just ok.
If your layover is lengthy you can access the railway system that runs under the Hotel that can take you the Frankfurt city center.
Overall not a bad place to stopover for a layover while you wait for your next flight.

Room Tip: Better if you get a Club room but very costly
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Salomon M,

Thank you for your comments. I am surprised to read that you find our Club Lounge “just ok”. Normally we get really positive feedback as our Lounge is one of the best in Frankfurt. In a modern setting, guests can adjourn to the Lounge, work, enjoy excellent food, or simply refresh. I am positive that at your next stay we will convince you of our exclusive Lounge.

Thank you very much and please come back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a long over due "Thank-you-note" to the Tower reception-staff as well as the people who keep the Tower Lounge running smoothly and efficiently, especially Ms. Esther M., and Ms. Iluminada R.
After an overnight flight it feels particularly good to be greeted and welcomed warmly by them. They go out of their way to make one feel comfortable immediately. The best part however comes when, after a nice, warm shower, we can get into the fresh and "sleep inducing" sheets. What a treat!
Our compliments and appreciation to the Manager, Mr. Konter, for the very enjoyable and restoring stays at this hotel. We would never go anywhere else and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cha-Rita K
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Cha-Rita K

To read your review was a welcome treat after a busy day. When our Towers team heard about your commendation, they could not stop smiling. Thank you for staying at our hotel and for making us happy with your commentary. Please come back soon!

With best regards,

Israel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very good room - it was pretty large, with double glazing windows, nice shower, many int'l channels on TV and pretty wide bed. Location is right in from of the terminal. Weak points are the all extras (room service, laundry, Wifi) are very expansive, and check in possess was very slow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear LY315,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and posting your review here on TripAdvisor. It is almost unbelievable that our rooms are totally soundproof considering our location. But they really are and our guests can sleep and rest undisturbed from the airport traffic.

I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It would be a great pleasure for us to see you soon again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2013

There is no discussion on this: this is the place to stay the night before your international flight.
In reading some of the other reviews, I am not sure that I stayed in the same hotel: the 9 got me someone right away, the check-in was courteous, friendly and professional, my room was spotless (although the drain in the tub was a bit slow and the shower head a bit tricky), and I was able to relax in perfect comfort. There was staff throughout the hotel constantly asking if I needed anything. The lobby has been remodeled, as was the pleasant, super clean room with a coffee maker (much appreciated) in which I spent the night. Location is the best...walk across the bridge and you are in the airport. I will always return here, and next time I will even use the gym, which I learned after the fact is included in the room rate. Yes, in a perfect world internet access would be, too, but it is available in the lobby for free, and that's not that much of a hassle. My husband who traveled for business for all of his career always stayed in this Sheraton before departure, and while he was not with me on this trip, he said he would still choose this as a business traveler, and so would I, as a leisure traveler.

Room Tip: Be sure to get directions to the hotel...it is a bit tricky to find it. Follow the directions to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear irongeezelle,

Well, thank you for commending our hotel in such a charming way. We loved your wording and are very happy about your generous review of our hotel and the customer service provided to you. I really hope you will soon fly again via Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had to stay there due to delayed flight. Hotel was paid by the airline and I think hotel staff has clear instruction to be unfriendly to the ones staying there due to delayed flights. Airline paid 20€ for diner and normally that should mean that you eat or drink whatever you want for that money. But no, hotel arranged a buffet in a room! What a buffet though! Only pasta as a main dish and only 1 drink. I made a mistake to first get the food and went back to get the drink, what a mistake! The staff who was looking after the drinks asked if I did not get my drink already and when I said no he looked at me like I was lying for a glass of cola.
Summary: Never again and for no reason I would go there!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aytun S,

Thank you for your feedback. Please do not take this wrong but I can absolutely vouch for the friendliness of our staff. My team surely does not judge customers and they do not make any difference between stranded guests and individual guests. You said yourself that your flight was delayed and you were forced to stay at our hotel. I guess there must have been a serious misunderstanding and I can understand that you were annoyed to have to stay in Frankfurt for the night.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our buffet. Please note that we can only offer food and beverages as ordered and paid for by the airlines.

I hope you had a good journey home and could finally relax after your troublesome journey.

california
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

A great airport property. The staff is friendly, accommodating, helpful, and professional. You go from gate to the hotel while never leaving the airport. Rooms are clean, modern, and good restaurants. We use this hotel often and are never disappointed. When leaving they take you down to your check in within the airport for easy transfers. Sheraton can be proud of this property and it's well trained and VERY efficient staff! Kudos to both!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank chamonixCalifornia
Dear chamonixCalifornia,

Amazing! I am very happy about your commentary. Thank you so much for your warm words. I am indeed very proud of our staff; they do an amazing job every day. I am glad you noticed that!

Will you soon be staying at our hotel again? We look forward to seeing you before long.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#47 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!