“Good customer service but still a slightly weird wifi policy”

Ranked #40 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Good customer service but still a slightly weird wifi policy”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at just after 8:00am and they were great at reception allowing me to get access to my room immediately which was perfect given that I had an hour or two to kill before starting work. It was also a real treat to be able to walk so easily to the hotel from my plane in under 15 minutes.
Although I didn't eat here I did have a drink in Cubana bar and the staff were very welcoming there. The only difficulty was their wifi policy which was needlessly complicated and segmented (by speed, number of devices and location). The free lobby wifi was really poor and I never got that working but the 9 euro service in my room was fine. As always I would counsel the hotel to make wifi free and high speed everywhere particularly in such a business oriented hotel as this one clearly is. If they really need the money put 5 euro on all room rates and that will be job done all round

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear David O,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My recommendation for your next stay: have a look on our branded website where we offer packages including free wifi. I am sure you`ll find a package which perfectly meets your needs.

We hope to see you soon again in Frankfurt.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I got a day room for my layover, from 8am to 7pm, for about 129 euros. The hotel is connected to the airport so it is convenient. Just be aware that it is still a long way from the hotel and ticket counters to the gates, so plan accordingly. It took me about 45 minutes to get from the hotel to check in (business class, so no line) to my gate in Terminal C.

Dear ChrisInMaryland,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed one of our dayrooms. The airport is directly on our doorstep; guests can easily walk to their check-in counter within 5-10 minutes. The airport itself is indeed very large - depending on the location of your gate you need to allow some extra time.

I hope you will soon give us the pleasure to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A very large hotel in a very large airport, but I since it is connected to the airport, it is very convenient. There was a long queue when I checked in, but it went very quickly. The lobby is a bit confusing with small signage, but easy enough when you figure it out. The bar in the lobby is expensive, but relaxing. I was in a standard king room & had everything necessary. Not exactly luxury, but for an airport hotel, I want convenience, accessibility and for everything to work the way it should. This hotel hit all those boxes. The staff were fine - not particularly warm, but very quick. Had to pay for Internet, but I guess this is fairly standard in Europe still. Breakfast was functional, again not luxury, but filled me up.
I would recommend for price or for relaxation, but the airport location and the efficiency is good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tallyhopper,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. I appreciate that you took the time to post a commentary about your stay and I am all the more happy to see that it is a positive one. We look forward to your next stay.

“Danke” and best regards,

Maria Alm, Austria
Reviewed May 26, 2013

An amazing hotel right across from the terminal. From our room, we watched planes take off and land without hearing a sound. You walk to the terminal through a glass passageway in five minutes or less, depending on where your room is in the huge hotel. We stayed there with a visitor who was flying to L.A. the next morning - we were able to check him in, give up his luggage and change his seat the evening before, then eat and shop in leisure at the terminal. The next morning another short walk to the security controls and boarding. Very very relaxing travel conditions!!
Of course, this comfort has its price!
Disadvantages: no free internet in the rooms, hotel entrance hard to find by car, not enough staff at check-in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear immersonntags,

What a clever idea to book our hotel for the night before your flight. That really takes a lot of stress out of travelling. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your friendly remarks.

By the way, we offer free internet access at our main lobby and at our Club and Tower rooms. When you plan your next stay, check our internet rates first. Several times a year we have special promotions with very good deals.

We would be happy to count you among our regular guests.

Coriano, Italy
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is a classic airport hotel, but with the quality of a Sheraton. The hotel is directly inside the terminal. The rooms are very nice and spacious, the staff is very courteous and extremely knowledgeable. The restaurant is really good and offers different varieties of food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear StefanoRimini,

We love to get guest feedback, especially if it is as motivating as yours. Thank you very much for your efforts and also for booking our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The one thing this hotel has going for it - and I guess why it is so much more expensive than other FRA airport hotels is that it is physically connected to the terminal. This made it very easy to enjoy the bars and restaurants landside in the airport of which there are many. The room itself was average, service mediocre and both check-in and check-out took ages due to very long lines. One pet peeve of mine in this room was the telephone - very difficult to operate and figure out and there is no bedside phone. I place the phone by my bedside as I had requested a wake up call and it was dead in the morning and no way to answer the phone. Also, the shower was very mediocre.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear indianguy380,

Many thanks for booking our hotel. The score you gave us is something in between good and bad. I regret that you did not feel entirely at home. As a business hotel we have placed the telephone at the working desk. In this way guests can easily work and call at the same time. Please accept my apologies that the phone did not work properly. As you requested a wake-up call I am positive that one of my team members came to your room to wake you up.

I hope that the good impressions outweigh the more unpleasant ones and that you will consider staying with us again soon. We look forward to welcoming you.

The Netherlands
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Starting in reverse, check out was efficient and handled by friendly staff. The self serve breakfast buffet was comprehensive and to a high standard, with attentive staff offering coffee and clearing used crockery quickly.

Whilst the rooms were nondescript, considering it was an airport hotel, it was extremely quiet and comfortable offering a good nights sleep. Although the bathroom was well stocked with the usual items, the shower whilst functional could not be described as a power shower. Whilst this was on the 6th floor, I wonder what a top floor shower would be like .

My visit was part of a business trip and arriving at 22:30 at night, we were shocked to find a 35 minute que to check in. Yes they had a complete flight to check in, but as this would not be a unique event for them, you would assume they had an efficient, fast check in process. Even when extra staff arrived, things did not improve as there seemed to be issues with them signing on to computers. For some reason, staff also seemed to disappear into a back room every so often leaving guests bemused at empty desks.

Out of preference I would not stay there again, although comfortable, the one thing I do not want late at night is a long delay in checking in

Dear DriftwoodNL,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and reviewing your stay here on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry for the long waiting time upon check-in. You arrived during a flight cancellation and as you know, these cancellations cannot be planned in advance. We did our best to make everyone happy and comfortable. Please accept my apologies for the long waiting time. I am very positive that upon your next stay you will be served much more swiftly.

In any case, should you need a hotel room in Frankfurt for your next journey, we would be happy if you would choose our hotel again.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,364 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#43 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!