“Good stay after flight cancellation”

Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good stay after flight cancellation”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I didn't WANT to stay here, I was supposed to be on my way home. But a bird,a windshield and two cracks changed those plans, so the entire plane had to be put up here for the night. (Well, all the passengers, not the plane itself). And it was not a bad stay. A convenient location, walkable from the terminal via a walkway over the road. The bed was good, firm, comfortable. Room was decent sized for European hotels, with enough space to walk around. AC worked well, and the room was at a good temperature. TV was also good, though I am never sure why there are never any English language entertainment channels on German TV. French, Arabic, Italian, but never English, except for news. Actually the Sheraton offered BBC 1 and 2, but still all news and documentaries the night I stayed.

I did not try the restaurants, because United arranged for free buffet dinner and breakfast, which was decent. There are several bars and restaurants in the hotel, though.

Bathroom was also up to par, with good water pressure and temp in the shower.

Wifi had a strong signal in the room. Free wifi available in the very large lobby.

Negatives? No shop in the store, and with the honor bar charging €6.50 for a small water, that was a pain. But as others mentioned, the hotel is connected to the airport by a walkway, and there were plenty of more reasonably priced places to get water and a candy bar there. And the pillows were both soft and every thin - it was like resting your head on a semi-fluffy towel- soft, but no height or support. I needed three to notice they were even there.

Overall, I would happily stay there again if I needed to be at or near the airport . Just no more cracked windshields and emergency landings please!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear tywwia,

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

I can understand that you were annoyed to have to stay in Frankfurt for the night. We believe that layover guests especially deserve our full attention because they find themselves typically in a rather unpleasant situation. Long waiting times at the airport, uncertainly regarding the next flight connections and an unwanted stopover can cause much frustration. I am glad that we could help to make you feel comfortable and hope very much that you will check in to our hotel again the next time you are in Frankfurt – but please without emergency landings.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As I am a very frequent guest at Sheraton as they usually are one of the best Hotel Groups I will stay at the Sheraton when flying from Frankfurt. Some years ago the hotel was refurbished to a very modern look I still like the way it was before.
The hotel is excellent with very helpful staff and of course the extreme closeness to the airport is a plus. The lounge is terrific with the food supplied. As my plane was leaving at 6.25 am I did not get the opportunity to have breakfast.
The only thing I have to say which is not the best, is the availability of parking. The hotel has 30 spaces which have to be reserved. If you do not get one of those you can end up walking a Km to get to and from your vehicle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom D,

Thank you very much for your comment and for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback.

We would love to offer more parking options in front of our hotel. Due to the closeness to the airport we are not allowed to add other parking options. Therefore we always recommend to call us in advance in order to make reservations.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you again.

In the meantime, all the best,

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We required day use recently when our flights did not connect well. The hotel is very easy to access via a skybridge from the terminal itself.

The rooms were decently furnished and were clean, comfortable and quiet. I would not hesitate to use them again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LelaAbuDhabi
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear LelaAbuDhabi,

Thank you very much for the nice commentary that you posted here. I am glad you enjoyed one of our dayrooms as we always try our best to give guests a relaxing break on their journey. Thank you also for recommending our hotel. We hope you will soon stop by again.

Best wishes,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our one night stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center, between two long flights, was a perfect interlude. The hotel's location, connected to the airport itself, is most convenient and the reception we encountered at registration was extremely cordial and efficient. The room was comfortable and quiet and provided a very restful night's sleep. A surprising hightlight was the most gracious and considerate assistance we received from the night bellman who handled our luggage as if it were his own. Because we had been travelling for almost a month, we had a lot of heavy pieces and the next morning he offered to assist us again and transported all of our belongings back to the airline check-in desk. He had been an employee of this hotel for 27 years, a testimony to this property's committment to excellence.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators usually insures more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abbey041
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Abbey041,

Thank you very much for that awesome feedback. We loved your wording and are very happy about your generous review of our hotel and customer service provided to you. It sounds like you met Carlo, our Night Bellboy. Carlo started his career at our hotel in 1976 – 37 years ago! We really appreciate all of his hard work and dedication!

I really hope you will fly again via Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Kind regards,

wassenaar
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at Frankfurt Airport Sheraton Hotel in my way to Canada. In a previous trip, I had a very bad experience in another hotel which was supposed to be an airport hotel, but turned out to be a bad experience. Therefore, this time I thought I will pay the extra cost and stay at the Airport Sheraton Hotel. Well! it was a very good decision. An excellent hotel right inside the airport. I wish it was before the passport control, where it actually should be, but I took the extra step to the hotel. It was comfortable and I had no complaint. Very Good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear traveller20000,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. I hope you had a good journey back home. Our hotel is actually connected to the Frankfurt International Airport by two footbridges – and yes, you need to leave the transit area. But it only takes a couple of minutes; there is even no need of a taxi or shuttle bus.

We would be happy to welcome you again before long. It would be great if you include us again in your next holiday trip.

Best regards,

Martinez, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an early flight and stayed here on our way home to San Francisco. It is extremely convenient, right in the airport on the way out to the Bahnhof.
There was a mix-up on our reservation, but it was rectified and we were upgraded to a priority level. The room was lovely, quiet and comfortable. Free wi-fi in the lobby and business center, why not the rooms?
Better communication from the staff was needed. Staff were very polite and smiling, but there are two towers with separate elevators and the restaurants cannot be reached from the first tower, you have to descend to lobby level and go through the passageway over to the second tower for dining.
Dining was a mixed bag. Very expensive and the German menu wasn't all that great. Breakfast buffet was good and well stocked, efficient staff, although we had a more varied buffet in Berlin.

Room Tip: There are some very quiet rooms on the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Operagal94553,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. At the same time I regret that we did not met your expectations in regards to your restaurant experience. Our restaurant menus include meals at reasonable prices as well as exclusive dishes. I hope that you will stay at our hotel again and enjoy your next restaurant visit more than the last one. It is definitely worth another try.

With best regards,

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This Sheraton is a very standard Sheraton Hotel, located directly in Frankfurt Airport, which makes it convenient for travelers to stay here during a stopover. This means also no pressure for the hotel to upgrade their rooms or offer affordable prices. The rooms are very average, almost old. Definitely not 5-star standard. The towels and bedclothes smelled awfully of rancid oil - no idea what problem they had down there in laundry.

Funny enough, I looked up the hotel's prices through the Starwood SPG app, and then went there to book a room. The hotel offered me a rate that was almost 20% higher than on their own website. Finally, the clerk told me she couldn't do a thing and I had to book through their website. Which I did, on my mobile phone, standing at reception. Never felt that ridiculous.

Room Tip: Choose a tarmac-facing room if you want to see some of the busy airport's operations. No worries...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear fivetonine,

Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to see that you had to bear disappointments during your check-in process. Our reception desk normally offers the same prices as on our Starwood SPG app, so please accept my apologies for our mistake. I will immediately follow up with my team to avoid future miscommunications.

You will surely be interested to know that we have recently renovated all rooms on the Superior, Club and Towers floors. Ask for one of those rooms upon your next stay; I am sure you will like the fresh and modern design.

We hope you will stay at our hotel again soon.

With best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#49 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!