Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
NH Frankfurt Airport(Kelsterbach)
4,316 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportsports barcigar loungeclub rooman early flightbetween flightsbusiness centerconvenient locationsalemdavidoffavtoconveniencecostasspgtraingermanyplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

On a recent return trip from Europe I stayed at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport hotel to break the journey. Very easy to find on the upper level of the airport after claiming baggage. The lobby is huge and I could tell it was party night since the bar was already hopping. Apparently this hotel has a monthly "After Work Party" with a DJ and guests and locals enjoy the evening together. As a SPG Gold member I was fortunate to be able to checkin at the shorter line - the main line was very long. Very courteous checkin agent who worked diligently to get me my upgraded room and my free drink coupon (looking forward to the German beer later in the evening). After dropping my bag off in the room, I went in search for dinner and found the Taverne in the lower level. It serves traditional German cuisine so I had a nice pork chop with spaetzle. Afterwards, I ventured back upstairs to check out the bar - great atmosphere and, of course, great local beer. The room was very comfortable and quiet - my room was at the end of the corridor well away from elevator and located in the tower which is away from the airport, I believe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Tower away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Boddies2
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Boddies2,

Thank you for writing a commentary about your recent stay at our hotel. Your timing was perfect: once per month we are having a great After Work Party at our “Sheraton SkyNight”. I am glad to read that you had a great time there and could enjoy some German beer. Our next After Work Party will take place on April 18, May 23 and June 20. It would be great if one of these dates fit in your travel plans. We would be happy to welcome you again before long.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is directly connected to Frankfurt's airport terminal 1. The standard price is quite high, I think because of its convenient situation for the airport. Check in was quick, even if their system didn't show my gold status and I had to ask for the welcome gift. The room was large and the bed comfortable. Only remark, there was an exhaust pipe above the entrance making the room quite noisy. The lighting system in the room could also be improved. One has to manually switch on all the small lamps in order to have barely enough light.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear coccobill7,

Thank you very much for your review. Please accept my apologies that we have mistakenly overlooked your Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status. That was surely not our intention and I am sorry for the inconveniences caused.

We are happy that you overall had a nice stay and returned safely to your home town. I hope you will book a room here again for your next stopover.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a very comfy hotel to stay in if you’re stuck in Frankfurt airport overnight. Reception staff are very friendly, and the rooms are comfy, modern, clean and nicely decorated as are the bathrooms. The hotel is very big, and it can take a few minutes to get to your room from reception. If you’re getting an early flight, maybe ask for a room close to a lift.
It’s expensive, even if you book in advance, but it’s so convenient for the airport. The hotel is very well signposted from the main airport hall, and it only takes about 5 minutes to get there, and the walkway is all indoors.
Even though the Hilton Garden Court is further away, I think it’s a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Flossykins,

We are happy to have been able to offer you a few hours of rest during your journey. Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that you appreciate how convenient our hotel´s location is. Two covered pedestrian walkways directly connect our hotel with Terminal 1. It cannot get easier..

We would be very happy to have you staying with us again before long.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed overnight en route from India back to the US and found the staff quite pleasant and the room comfortable. It's a huge advantage to walk directly from the terminal to this hotel. I was originally placed in a regular room despite being a Starwood Preferred Guest (I was told my 'level' wasn't high enough), but then my assigned room could not access the internet, so after confirming WiFi access in the business center, their staff (Gina) arranged transfer to the newer tower where the room was nice and the WiFi just fine. The lobby is quite expansive and drafty, so walking back and forth after a lengthy and tiring flight was frustrating, but the staff's effort to accommodate was greatly appreciated. Also, the food in the Flavors restaurant was excellent, a surprising relief from most airport hotel meals. As noted, the room was comfortable but extremely dry once the heat was turned on. Overall, a great option if an overnight stay at Frankfurt airport is part of your travel plans.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower rather than the building near the entrance to the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear hepadoc,

Glad to see that you are a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest. Thank you very, very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. It makes me proud to read about your description of our Flavors restaurant: “a surprising relief from most airport hotel meals”. At our restaurants we offer fresh fare and high-quality products. I will gladly pass your comments to our kitchen team.

Should you need a hotel room in Frankfurt for your next journey, we would be happy if you would choose our hotel again.

Best regards from Frankfurt,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent stay once we found the hotel. We've walked past it on previous trips to the airport but had trouble finding it this time and didn't see much in the way of signage since we landed at the other terminal. I recommend the terminal train, not the shuttle bus, if you don't have much luggage. We found that out the next morning from the desk clerk when we were checking out and heading back to the other terminal for our departure.

Front desk staff was very friendly, efficient and professional. We were off to our room in no time (had a late evening arrival so there were no lines).

Requested in advance a renovated room and it was good sized and very nicely done. Comfortable bed, great bedding and pillows. Fairly large bathroom for a hotel of this type, modern fixtures, bathrobes hanging on the door, decent toiletries for one night so we didn't have to unpack our things.

Coffee maker was okay but only had one pod of each type of coffee which was odd for a two person room. Only other suggestion would be to add plugs beside the bed for phone, iPad, etc. The desk plugs were great, even had a U.S. plug if you are American and forgot your adapter.

I asked in advance about vegetarian meals and was graciously supplied with not only a restaurant menu waiting for us in our room but also a convenient dinner reservation for a nice private table in the German style restaurant. Thanks Nicole for that and the personal welcome letter! That was very nice after a long day of travel! Food and service in the restaurant were good.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if we have a layover in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Get good directions on how to get to the hotel from whichever terminal you land in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Babygoon,

Many thanks for staying at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center and summarizing your experiences with us.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with your stay, the hotel itself and most important our staff. I will gladly share your commending remarks with our entire team, especially with Nicole. A feedback like yours is always a great motivation for us!

Frankfurt Airport is by far the busiest airport by passenger traffic in Germany, the third busiest in Europe. Getting there the first time might be a bit confusing. My recommendation for your next stay: You may contact our Concierge Department and they will gladly guide you through the airport.

Since you are a frequent traveler I hope you will soon stay at our hotel again.