“Good place to conduct business”

Ranked #33 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel was ok. It was for interviews and business trip. It was very clean and well maintained. Comfortable rooms, what you would expect from a Sheraton brand. If I was on business for a short rip I would stay there again, but if I was going back for 4 nights like I did on this trip I would stay in the city proper. I was there for 5 days and I felt it didn’t have warmth….it felt very sterile. But besides that, again, it was a very convenient place for my meetings with out of town visitors. The restaurants can use some umphhh as they were very vanilla especially the “bar” behind the wall. While I was there, there was an HP meeting and if they weren’t there I imagine the bar would be quiet empty. One thing that worked well was that it was only 5 metro/subway stops from the center of town and the elevator to the subway was right at the hotel (in the overpass to the airport). If you do get a chance to go to Frankfurt make it in December as the Christmas market was in full swing and it was very enjoyable. The internet worked very well but you had to pay which is starting to annoy me and I am choosing hotels now where the internet and wi-fi are free. Again, a good place to stay but nothing special.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear SavvyTraveler738,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I totally agree with you that there are nicer hotels for a longer holiday, but if you need a relaxing break on your journey we are the best place to stay. You cannot beat the convenience of an airport hotel when you need a stopover. And our hotel is just 15 minutes' away from the Frankfurt am Main's city centre, so it's within easy reach of the city's main attractions, shopping areas and business districts. The Christmas market is indeed very nice and a “must visit” place during December.

We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The check-in lady was very sweet. The room was beautiful and spacious and surprisingly quiet. The bar staff was welcoming and funny as well. The entire experience was very good and I would come back in a heart beat. Love that United Check-In basically is just out the door. The walk-way into the airport helps as well!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear look3,

To read your review was a welcome treat after a busy day. When our service team at the bar and front office heard about your commendation, they could not stop smiling. Thank you for staying at our hotel and for making us happy with your commentary. Please come back soon!

With best regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a day stay room here at the start of my European trip. The room was ok and did the job for my layover. Don't expect to check in a minute before the allocated check in time. I stayed at the airport Hilton at the end of my trip and it was a much better overall experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Chatsizenarnies,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I regret that we did not fulfill your expectations. Our normal check-in time is 12:00 o`clock, noon. If we have rooms available before noon, guests are always welcome to check-in earlier without any additional charges.

We would be happy to welcome you again before long. It would be great if you include us again in your next holiday trip.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport was a clean, conveniently located and nicely decorated hotel. The staff was helpful and the restaurants and bars within the complex were well done and had really good food. The proximity to the airport was fantastic and overall was a great experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: inner courtyard rooms are quiet and did not experience any airport traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Huhner

Dear Huhner,

I would like to thank you for your friendly words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. And thank you also for commending our food. Our kitchen team will be highly motivated by your positive feedback.

I hope you have already planned your next trip to Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay here quite often while in Germany and I recommend anyone needing an overnight transit hotel that this is the one in Frankfurt. I would suggest paying the fee to stay on the club level as the club lounge is not your run of the mill lounge. Apps in evening with a great selection of liquor and beverages. Breakfast is also fantastic with an omelet station. Lounge makes the hotel. Restaurants and lounges are of a high quality also. Prices are high but generally so is Germany.

Dear Drew_the_Shoe,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel and especially our Club Lounge. Our Lounge is really an Oasis of peace after a long flight and I am happy you had a relaxing time over there. Thank you for your nice and warm-hearted feedback. We really look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Snowed in, in Frankfurt for the day and the Sheraton was right there when we needed it! The reception staff was very very helpful and got rooms for my colleagues and I very quickly with no fuss at all. Even provided the internet information! knowing we were around on business.

The Hotel is wonderful! great staff, the rooms are awesome, following their usual standards. will definitely stay there again if snowed in, or stuck in Frankfurt!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear phatdaz,

Thank you so much for your warm words. The days around Christmas were a bit crazy. So much snow, so many guests and so little we could do for the people who wanted to go home. We tried our best to make everyone comfortable and I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations.

The next time you pass through Frankfurt, please make sure to pay us a visit. We would be so happy to see you again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Thanks to a delayed flight we got to experience the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel. I have stayed at many airport hotels and this one certainly delivers.

Check in went quickly - even with all the passengers on the delayed flight arriving at the same time. The room was beautiful, the bed was extremely comfortable, and we had a quiet night with good sleep.

Everyone was friendly. The concierge suggested a trip in to town to visit the Christmas market. It was easy and quick to get there by public transport.

The hotel is well located within the airport. This is a very good alternative if travelling through frankfurt airport.

Thanks to the airline the first day of our holiday was different from what was planned - but a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SORCEL,

You had an unplanned yet pleasant stay at our hotel. I am glad that your airline arranged your accommodation at our hotel. We are well-equipped for airline passengers who get delayed and have to stay overnight.

I hope you had a fantastic vacation! And I am glad that we could add to your holidays memories by making you feel at home at our hotel. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#38 of 271 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!