Ranked #33 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for a few hours in between flights. Very big and uninviting hotel. Felt more like a hospital.
Room was clean and comfortable but out of the 80's. My biggest issue was the lack of signage for elevators. Had to walk around for a while before finding my room.
Hilton is a much better choice in the airport as its brand new.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear pbeigbabai,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stopover at Frankfurt airport.

I regret that you did not like your room. My recommendation for you: Try one of our new renovated Club and Tower rooms upon your next visit. I am sure you`ll like the fresh and modern design much more. All guests staying on Club and Towers level have breakfast, Internet and the use of the luxurious Club lounge included.

We would be very happy to have you staying with us again.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,194)

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it is very convenient. It's located walking distance from the airport terminal and you can actually walk through a bridge that connects the airport with the hotel. Hotel personnel was very friendly and there are several restaurant options in the building.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Martin R,

Many, many thanks for stopping by at our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing time. I appreciate your feedback very much and hope you will stay with us again at your next trip to Frankfurt.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here while attending a local conference...

Good points:
# large room, well set out with good connectivity and desk
# good breakfast with wide choice
# conveniently close to airport
# plenty of hot water
# most staff spoke good English
# good soundproofing - could not hear airport at all

Bad points:
# not enough staff to cope with checkin/out at busy times - took me 1 hour to checkin
# noisy room next to lift. Also had faulty lock so kept having to get a new key from reception; I was on the top floor, so this was a pain. Went through 6 keys!

Dear machinmad,

I am very glad that you let me know about your experiences of your visit.

The airport noise is indeed not to be heard inside the hotel room Our guests can relax here and prepare in peace and quiet for their further journey or meeting.
I am sorry for the inconveniences you had to bear in regards to your key card. When you store the key card next to a mobile phone it may happen that the key card gets decoded. This can be one reason.

I hope we can say “welcome back” to you very soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night for a layover. Very easy to find for it being my first time in this airport and it's a decently clean hotel. It is very crowded and there was a hugely long line at check in, even though I arrived at 10:30pm. However, I'm an SPG member so I got to cut to the front of that with the special desk for SPG members. The restaurant was also very crowded. I didn't get to try the breakfast because I left too early in the AM. They did have coffee out at that time, though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear lynzbee,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as the place to stay for your layover in Frankfurt.

The last couple of days have been very busy for our hotel, with lots of events and conventions going on. Being a SPG member entails many benefits, one of them being able to use the special SPG check-in counter. We are happy to be part of that program. I hope you will continue to be a loyal Starwood hotel guest. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Sheraton Frankfurt is one of the biggest hotels in Germany. Attached to the terminal of Frankfurt international airport, very convenient for travelers.

The hotel is like a "factory" really big with a lot of food and beverage outlets to choose from.
Check in was quick. Rooms are a bit dated, not very big and the bathroom needs an urgent refurb.
Beds are very uncomfortable, so I couldn't sleep properly. Pillows very old and too soft.

Dear Tobi1985,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your feedback by way of commentary on this website. We lost some points in your score because you found the bed uncomfortable. At our hotel, we offer the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, which was specifically designed to offer maximum comfort. We usually get really positive feedback on the comfort of our beds, so I am a bit at a loss concerning your experiences. I hope you will give our hotel another try.

Please feel free to voice your concern about our bed directly at your next booking so we can take care of that issue before your arrival.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

For many years I have stayed at the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton whenever my flight required a very early departure or a very long layover. I have always enjoyed my visits but this last one was certainly the best. The reception at the Tower Registration was so very warm and sincere which was a welcome break from the realities of international travel. The gentleman at reception went out of his way to make sure he got us a comfortable room right away so that we could rest and relax. The Club Lounge continues to be one of the jewels of the Starwood empire.

Room Tip: If you can, get a club room with access to the lounge, it will be a better value than dining in the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear William B,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and we are very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay. You made the right choice when you decided for our Club level. I really like your description of our lounge: “one of the jewels of the Starwood Empire!” We will gladly keep up the good service at our hotel and especially on the Club floor so that you can enjoy your next stay as much as the last one.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a long delayed flight out of Bologna recently returning to the US, I had to stay the Sheraton due to a overnight layover in FRA. As an SPG member I gravitated to an SPG hotel in the Airport cluster.

The Sheraton is a quick walk from the terminal. Check in was long and confusing and I was really not impressed. The apologized-they had a convention going, but its a convention hotel, and coming off a missed flight, I was not in a forgiving mood.

The Tower rooms have been redone since the last time I stayed here and they are excellent- global SPG standards, linens, pillows. The room service was very quick and bathrooms are modern.

It is indeed a massive convention style hotel, with a great location near the airport for a layover/turnaround. Long corridors, no ambience or views. But then its an airport hotel and if you are prepared to recognize that- its the best choice in the Frankfurt Airport cluster.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear rammenon,

Thank you for sharing your view about our hotel. Our hotel is a conference hotel at one of Europe`s busiest airport. I agree with you that there are nicer hotels for a holiday. But in terms of business and airport services, our hotel is one of the top places in all of Frankfurt.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.