“Standard chain experience for the business traveller”

Ranked #33 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here while attending a local conference...

Good points:
# large room, well set out with good connectivity and desk
# good breakfast with wide choice
# conveniently close to airport
# plenty of hot water
# most staff spoke good English
# good soundproofing - could not hear airport at all

Bad points:
# not enough staff to cope with checkin/out at busy times - took me 1 hour to checkin
# noisy room next to lift. Also had faulty lock so kept having to get a new key from reception; I was on the top floor, so this was a pain. Went through 6 keys!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear machinmad,

I am very glad that you let me know about your experiences of your visit.

The airport noise is indeed not to be heard inside the hotel room Our guests can relax here and prepare in peace and quiet for their further journey or meeting.
I am sorry for the inconveniences you had to bear in regards to your key card. When you store the key card next to a mobile phone it may happen that the key card gets decoded. This can be one reason.

I hope we can say “welcome back” to you very soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night for a layover. Very easy to find for it being my first time in this airport and it's a decently clean hotel. It is very crowded and there was a hugely long line at check in, even though I arrived at 10:30pm. However, I'm an SPG member so I got to cut to the front of that with the special desk for SPG members. The restaurant was also very crowded. I didn't get to try the breakfast because I left too early in the AM. They did have coffee out at that time, though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear lynzbee,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as the place to stay for your layover in Frankfurt.

The last couple of days have been very busy for our hotel, with lots of events and conventions going on. Being a SPG member entails many benefits, one of them being able to use the special SPG check-in counter. We are happy to be part of that program. I hope you will continue to be a loyal Starwood hotel guest. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Sheraton Frankfurt is one of the biggest hotels in Germany. Attached to the terminal of Frankfurt international airport, very convenient for travelers.

The hotel is like a "factory" really big with a lot of food and beverage outlets to choose from.
Check in was quick. Rooms are a bit dated, not very big and the bathroom needs an urgent refurb.
Beds are very uncomfortable, so I couldn't sleep properly. Pillows very old and too soft.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Tobi1985,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your feedback by way of commentary on this website. We lost some points in your score because you found the bed uncomfortable. At our hotel, we offer the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, which was specifically designed to offer maximum comfort. We usually get really positive feedback on the comfort of our beds, so I am a bit at a loss concerning your experiences. I hope you will give our hotel another try.

Please feel free to voice your concern about our bed directly at your next booking so we can take care of that issue before your arrival.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

For many years I have stayed at the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton whenever my flight required a very early departure or a very long layover. I have always enjoyed my visits but this last one was certainly the best. The reception at the Tower Registration was so very warm and sincere which was a welcome break from the realities of international travel. The gentleman at reception went out of his way to make sure he got us a comfortable room right away so that we could rest and relax. The Club Lounge continues to be one of the jewels of the Starwood empire.

Room Tip: If you can, get a club room with access to the lounge, it will be a better value than dining in the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear William B,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and we are very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay. You made the right choice when you decided for our Club level. I really like your description of our lounge: “one of the jewels of the Starwood Empire!” We will gladly keep up the good service at our hotel and especially on the Club floor so that you can enjoy your next stay as much as the last one.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a long delayed flight out of Bologna recently returning to the US, I had to stay the Sheraton due to a overnight layover in FRA. As an SPG member I gravitated to an SPG hotel in the Airport cluster.

The Sheraton is a quick walk from the terminal. Check in was long and confusing and I was really not impressed. The apologized-they had a convention going, but its a convention hotel, and coming off a missed flight, I was not in a forgiving mood.

The Tower rooms have been redone since the last time I stayed here and they are excellent- global SPG standards, linens, pillows. The room service was very quick and bathrooms are modern.

It is indeed a massive convention style hotel, with a great location near the airport for a layover/turnaround. Long corridors, no ambience or views. But then its an airport hotel and if you are prepared to recognize that- its the best choice in the Frankfurt Airport cluster.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear rammenon,

Thank you for sharing your view about our hotel. Our hotel is a conference hotel at one of Europe`s busiest airport. I agree with you that there are nicer hotels for a holiday. But in terms of business and airport services, our hotel is one of the top places in all of Frankfurt.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well, this hotel is conveniently adjacent to the airport, so you're within minutes from the airport. The accommodation is decent, clean rooms, but I can't say the same about the service. I guess you're paying for the convenience, because the service was somewhat adequate and not what you'd expect from Starwood Hotels.
I ordered room service and was told they'll deliver my food in 30 min, but after 45 min they delivered wrong food, and then I had to wait for another 15 more minutes to get the correct order. I was told that they were busy because there was a convention at the hotel, therefore, to compensate my inconvenience the food was comp. I felt they nickel and dime you by charging EUR 19.00 day for the internet. But then the shocker was 7:15 am I had housekeeping entered without knocking. If they improve the service it would be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floors but closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Madey00,

Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to see that you had to bear disappointments during your stay at our hotel. I will immediately follow up with my team. We hope you will give us a new chance and will do our best to make your next stay much more comfortable.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel is in a great location to the airport. Just short walk from the terminal and your in the lobby checking in at the front desk. There is easy access to the train if you plan on heading into town or elsewhere. Upon checking in the staff was friendly and courteous and had great smiles. The rooms are very updated and clean and spacious. The best part was the air conditioning worked in the beginning of December! The lounge was awesome and had what a lounge should have...great beer, wine and liqueurs with appetizers which are not always found at Sheraton's. I have to say that this so far is one of my favorite SPG properties located near the airport. BTW those of you interested in the gym, they have one and it's not bad.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Biggiemac,

Thank you very much for your gracious feedback and commendation of our staff and services. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. It makes me really proud to read that our hotel is one of your favorite SPG properties so far. Thank you very much!

I hope you will share your evaluation with us again at your next stay.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#38 of 271 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!