Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Pouch Cove, Canada
“Why?”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Why would a hotel find it effective to leave fading fruit in your room but then charge for wi-fi?

Why would a hotel have lovely wide halls and then charge 20 euros for a movie that has been out on dvd for a year?

While the bed was a comfortable king, the room spacious and clean the minor annoyances put the experience in the second tier.

Oh and you need the room key to get on the elevator. A fact that the desk failed to mention when we checked in and stranded me for awhile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JBOTR
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear JBOTR,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback with us.

As you asked “Why?” I would like to give you some ideas:

1. Because you cannot beat our location: Guests can walk off their flight and right through our doors, without ever leaving Frankfurt International Airport.
2. Because our professional team is here to make your stay as much comfortable as possible.
3. Because internet is free for guests staying at the Club or Towers level. For all guests staying at our Classic Rooms we offer 30 minutes free internet at our Link@Sheraton.
4. Because we not only offer one but a wide range of different movies so guests can choose their preferred movie.
5. Because we want to make you feel safe and secure. Therefore we have installed a new system in our elevator so only permitted guests are allowed to go to a specific floor.
6. And so on…

Dear JBOTR, I hope you will soon give us the pleasure to welcome you again. We will definitely take all measures to not only reach your expectations but go and meet beyond them.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Being joined by a walkway to the international terminal (although why are the elevators from the airport too small to fit more than one person and luggage) this is a very convenient option for late arrivals/early departures. The hotel is modern, comfortable but almost entirely devoid of charm (admittedly a far less important factor than convenience when it comes to airport hotels. The service was friendly and efficient enough. It was expensive, however, particularly given we were only there for 8 hours.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Starboard_Home,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to write a few sentences about your stay.

We have a wonderful team at the hotel and they always work hard to make our guests feel at home – I am sorry that you experienced the feeling of a charmless hotel. That was definitely not our intention. I am sure that we can convince you during your next stay that we can do way better than that.

We hope to welcome you soon again at our hotel.

Vancouver
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family stayed at the hotel on a few ocassions in July using this hotel and others as a base for travel to Eastern and Central Europe.

The good:
- the family room (Club floor) was very large and convenient. Set up with 2 single beds and a king size bed, with room to spare. A large number of supplies like shampoo, (probably enough for 10 people - no joke), etc.
- clean rooms
- attached to the airport
- club lounge which is pretty good for breakfast and evening snacks, drinks throughout the day
- ability to store luggage for an extended period of time without hassle

The bad:
- there can be large slow lines to check in
- some staff are very indifferent in trying to resolve some relatively minor problems
- it is the most expensive airport hotel I have stayed in.

It is an airport hotel and not a luxury hotel, but the soundproofing is very good and the club lounge is very convenient if your rate includes access or you are a SPG Plat. I would probably rate this hotel above average but just below very good. I would stay here again if I needed a convenient place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear jjkathome,

Thank you very much for your review. We lost some points in your score because of the queue at check-in. We would like to assure you that that is not the standard service at our hotel. I am positive that at your next stay you will be served more swiftly.

It strikes me weird that my staff should have been unhelpful. If you like, please contact me to let me know more about your experiences. I am very interested to get more details.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have frequented this hotel over a dozen times and every single time I have a wonderful and warm experience. The staff is superb, professional at all times and understands the tired traveler who can be irritable. There is a comforting sense in the hotel, a respite, if you will of the noise and traffic at the airport. The services are excellent.

Room Tip: WE prefer the Towers rooms, but they are little mor expensive yet worth it. If you can get a club r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Daniel P,

WOW – thank you so much for your great feedback, especially for your great comments on our team members! That really makes me proud! I appreciate that you took the time to write down what you like about our hotel.

It was a pleasure for us to host you and we hope to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel is attached by indoor walkways to the Frankfurt airport. Its convenience is its main advantage if you are staying one night between flights. The hotel is modern, with American style standard issue Sheraton rooms (larger than many rooms in Europe). You will likely pay a premium for the convenient location, though. Bar prices are also very high.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rickpw,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.

I am happy that you like the style of our rooms – and you are right, our rooms are very large compared to other hotels in Europe. Furthermore our rooms are double soundproof so you will not here any noise from outside.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Moers
Reviewed August 3, 2012

So, I am sitting here in the hotel, the minibar is empty ... remember 5 stars ... but let's start at the beginning ....
(1) we got a room .... well so far so good, unfortunately the room we got was not cleaned, meaning it was in a mess, food on the table, towels on the floor
ok, that can happen. After 15 minutes we got a new room
(2) we entered the new room, of course no king size bed as paid and ordered, but two single beds ....
(3) ok, we accepted that, we are generally friendly people and travelling a lot, so we know that these things can happen ...
(4) only one pair of shoes, of course no bathrobes ... well the friendly guy who opened the room wanted to bring them from the dirty room we had beforehand ... should have taken two minutes ... obviously he forgot and never came back. After calling the reception they brought them. By the way, in the dirty room there were some shoes, unpacked, I saw them, so the guy was just not willing ...
(5) ok, that was solved ... let's drink some water ... surprise surprise the minibar is empty ... ok, let's call reception again ... well, they explained to us that in this part of the hotel they don't fill up the minibar bcz the things expire ... aha, ok, 5 stars, please remember. Well, she offered two bottles of water, free of charge, I wanted a beer, had to order it separately and pay for them, no problem. Well the beers came .... the water ... well, I called first time after 40 mins ... immediately was the answer .... after 20 minutes I called again ... after 5 mins I got it then, of course, the waiter didn't know that they were supposed to be free of charge
(6) ok, let's settle down, let's watch some Olympics on TV ... well, that's what we thought ... of course it was in some update modus and the tech guy had to come. He was quite professional, solved it in a minute ... i guess his performance was the highlight of the evening ...
(7) Apart from that .... no glasses in the room, the paper is coming from the wall
(8) Apart from that ... if you need to fly in the following morning, of course the position right at the terminal is fine .... but there are several others ... this is crap

am sorry, but this is so far away from 5 stars as the northpole is close to the southpole

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HajdiMoers
Dear HajdiMoers,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your feedback by way of a commentary on this website.

I apologize profusely because we have not made you feel more comfortable. That was really a sub-standard service but I can promise you that your experiences do not represent our usually very high service standards. I hope you will consider staying at our hotel again. I really do. And we will try to make up then for your recent disappointment.

Chicago
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very convenient, but pricy. I would not necessarily agree with the other reviews. The marks are for the location and not quite for the cleanliness or comfortable beds. Don't get me wrong, it is fine but nothing remarkable. I understand the prices as it is located in the airport proper. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not so far from the elevator...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ChicagoHarlan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I regret that we did not fulfill your expectations. Most of our guests prefer our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and I am surprised to read that you found our bed uncomfortable. If you like, please contact me to let me know more about your experiences. It strikes me weird that our rooms should have been dirty. I am very interested to get more details.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your high rating. We hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,359 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#45 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!