“Great Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Amsterdam
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great hotel. Friendly staff at reception. Check-in went smooth and fast. Great location good restaurant (Chinese) in hotel. Hotelpool was nice, water was too cold. We arrived by car and parked atthe hotelparking. Easy to find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Heiko B, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Rayens,

What a great summary of your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and here is our big thank you for sharing your high recommendation for us and with Tripadvisor.

It makes us very happy that you are pleased with our services, and that you fully enjoyed your stay with.

Thanking you for your patronage and looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

All the best
Heiko Buchta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is indeed a beautiful spectacle located within walking distance of a vibrant metropolis. The rooms are well kept and if you love cars, there are some beautiful antiques that will surely command your attention.

Unfortunately, the term service seems to have been overlooked in the business plan.

To start, I contacted the hotel days before I arrived to ensure that my platinum status was noted. I did this for several reasons. The first was because the SPG app on IPhone will store the upcoming stay in my account so that I can easily find directions to the hotel, local information etc. Second, if you are a platinum guest, one will receive several benefits that are valuable to frequent travelers including potential upgrades, free breakfast etc.

After arriving, it was apparent that my status was not clear. After making the receptionist aware of my status she said that she would update my account but offered no upgrade. Next, I went to the restaurant to have breakfast since the club room was under construction. While eating I was brought a bill for 31 euro. I asked why I had received a bill when my colleague hadn't. It was explained to me that since I wasn't a status guest that it would cost me 31 euro for breakfast. I explained that I was a platinum guest and a few moments later the manager came over and told me that I wasn't. I re asserted that I was and he suggested that I take it up with the front desk handing me the bill. I told him that he needed to take it up with the front desk because I had already addressed the error with the front desk about an hour earlier. After finally leaving the restaurant, on the way out I asked the manager if he had resolved the conflict and he said that he had. That was news to me since he never came back to apologies For the error or at least to tell me that it was resolved. Some seconds later almost as an after thought I heard him say sorry as an after thought. By no means did this apology seem remotely genuine.

Later in the evening I needed some ice so I thought I should call the front desk. The phone rang for over 5 mins on two separate occasions with no answer. I had no choice but to go down to the front desk to attempt to contact some one. After arriving, I explained what I needed and what had happened when I tried to contact the front desk. The gentleman apologized but then told me that he would send someone up to my room to bring ice. When I asked him how long he anticipate that would take, he said that he had no idea. I then suggested that he contact someone from that restaurant to get me ice.

My overall experience with service at this hotel was deplorable. The culture is definitely one of "What's the least I can do". If you value service or the benefits that result from your loyalty, this property isn't the right choice.

If service means nothing, this is an awesome place to stay....

Very disappointed...

- Room 549 11/27/2012

• Stayed November 2012
Heiko B, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear demondnash,

Thank you for staying at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. Indeed, we are very concerned about your unfortunate experience in regard to the SPG Platinum status and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused to you.

This was a very exceptional situation, and the handling did certainly not reflect our ususal high standard of service. We would very much appreciate if you could contact us directly and let us know more details so that we can have a profound look into the points you mentioned and especially in regard to the service attitude and take appropriate action.

Hoping that you will give us the chance to show you our best attention on any upcoming visit to Frankfurt.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time and I will take personal care to make your stay not only nice and relaxing, but also very special for you.

Best regards,
Heiko Buchta
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is a 5 star business hotel with a very good workout center, clean rooms, an executive club level, and an large, comfortable lobby for business meetings.
It is just on the east end of the Ziel and pedestrian walk streets. The Dom and the river are easy walks from here, so if you are inclined to see Frankfurt after your meetings this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the executive club lounge. The breakfast was more than adequate (scrambled...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OCRoadWarrior
Vanessa_Witsch, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

we are delighted to see you enjoyed not only your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt, but also some quality time in Frankfurt!

Since you mention the dome at the historical city centre "Römer" I would like to suggest the traditional german restaurant called "Paulaners am Dom", which is well know for bavarian style kitchen - a must try!

We would be delighted to welcoming you back soon and meantime I am sending you almost winterly regards to surely sunny california,

yours

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've lost count of the number of times i've stayed at the Westin in frankfurt, at first this was a great place to stay but I cant figure out why its gone so downhill. I know its a bit late for a review but my travel schedule has kept me busy. I had a 10 night stay in July, in a Jr. Suite (not a cheap stay). It was a standard stay, I asked for an upgrade at checkin ad was denied (fine), also was told I would not be able to have a late check out (though that was changed later on). I got to my room on the first night and my bed was COVERED in hair! I called up the reception and was told they would change the cheats. I left the hotel and got back later in the evening and surprise...they simply re-made the bed with the SAME SHEETS! there was what looked like pubic hair all over my pillow and sheets! I called the reception who called up housekeeping, they came and were very apologetic, as they went to change the pillow cases we realized that the pillows had BLOOD STAINS on them! I was floored along with the house keeping staff! They took photos of everything and told me management would get back to me, ofcourse I hear nothing from them! Its completely unacceptable for a 5 star hotel but to not even have management get back to me is ridiculous! A few days later we took advantage of their Audi program, returned the car proceeded to go up to the room and got stuck in the elevator for 45 min. these things happen, we got to the room and the phone rang, we were fully expecting a manager on the other line for an apology, but it was someone from reception telling us that the car wasn't filled with gas, he berated me on the phone over not bringing it up full. I went to the reception and asked for a manger, I apologized for my error and informed him that I do not mind paying the charge for a fill up (barely under full) but it was unacceptable to have someone call my room and yell me for not filling up *I was told "now I have to go fill it up! What do you think you should do! You need to pay now!". In all, a ridiculous stay and im hoping my company changes our hotel partner before my next trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tninos
Vanessa_Witsch, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,

Let me thank you for your honesty and your highly constructive Feedback - please accept my most sincerest appologies for clearly not having met your expectations and with what you experienced I fully understand, that as a consequence you would not likely return - BUT we would love you to return and in order to make a profund quality check on what caused all this inconveniences I would highly appreciate you to contact me directly to get some more detailes.

I am absolutely convinced, that we may do so much better, as we do have a great product and passionate employees!

Looking forward to staying in contact I remain,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent 2 nights in a Junior suite. WOW! The room was fantastic and a bed as large as my king size in the states. My son loved the pool and the club lounge. The staff were very helpful. The location is fantastic. Steps away from shopping and the buses and underground. You cant go wrong here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wribasel
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Feedback with us and even better you and your son so much enjoyed the father & son get away!

A Junior Suite is really one of the best recommandations for our family travellers as it is spacious and welcoming and most importantly - it has a door between the bedroom and the living room which allows you to seperate work and private areas. Also perferct deal for small business meetings.

I am not sure if your son has already visited the Zoo of Frankfurt, which is a 7 minutes walk from the hotel - if not this may be your next visit at the Westin Grand Frankfurt!

Looking forward to your return,

best regards

vaessa.witsch@westin.com
Lookout Mountain
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Westin Grand on the club level and are also Starwood members. The hotel is wonderful, well decorated, incredible service and loved the benefits of the club level. Loved the small portion meals available throughout the day at the club level room with unlimited beverages including beer and wine. The hotel is in a great location and within easy walking distance to shopping and not far from the water. And if you wish to get out and about, the club level has a car for use on a first come first serve basis for the price of filling it back up upon your return. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay the extra for a club level room and club level amenities. It is so worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Your wonderful words of compliments could not have been any more motivating and we are thankful for your kind recommendation of our one and only Westin Executice Club.

The lounge is supposed to be a place, where our guests may enjoy snacks throughout the whole day in a private and exclusive atmosphere, which invites to work and meet and relax.

On your next visit to Frankfurt you may want to explore the "Riesling Route" by using one of the Audis. That is a very idyllic car ride through the wine region of Hesse - absolutely worth it!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon I remain,

Yours

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you are staying in Frankfurt for a leisure holiday, The Westin Grand is a great place to be located. With easy access from the airport by train, getting out at Konstablerwache Station it is about a two minute walk to the hotel. And this station is at the eastern end of the Zeil, Frankfurt's main pedestrianised shopping street. The hotel rooms are larger than average for a five star hotel and well equiped, and there is a pool and fitness facitlity on the top floor with views from the pool over Frankfurt. The breakfast buffet was outstanding for choice and variety. The only negative comment I would like to mention is the charge for WiFi. From a five star hotel I would expect wireless internet access to be free for all hotel guests. Overall though a very good choice for a short break in Frankfurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable summary of your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and we are honored to see you had a memorable leisure time with us!

The connection to the public transportation is indeed very comfortable and easy - it takes about 25 minutes by train to get from the hotel straight to the airport and only about 5 - 10 minutes to the main train station. The entire city center is within walkin distance and I hope you did not miss the little market around the corner at the "Konstablerwache" which takes place every saturday and thursday and where they offer a huge selection of typical local dishes, apple wine and more!

Whenever you are planning to be back in Frankfurt feel free to contact me directly and I am sure we will find an arrangement, that does include the Internet.

With warm regards