“All very good: Location ,Rooms ,Service and Breakfast!”

The Westin Grand Frankfurt
Ranked #32 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Tel Aviv, Israel
“All very good: Location ,Rooms ,Service and Breakfast!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been at the Grand Westin Frankfurt many times and as allways I was not disappointed.
The hotel offers very high quality in all aspects. The service is at the highest level ,the rooms are well furnished with very good noise isolation , the breakfast has a huge variety of food and finally - the location: just by the "Zeil" , absolutelly perfect!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa_Witsch, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for this great compliment! It is a true pleasure to read your kind recommendation and we appreciate your effort.

I fully agree with you - our breakfast buffet offers not only a huge variety, but also contains elements of Super foods, which have been specially combined for Westin hotels & resorts and which are known for being health enhancing and rich in antioxidants.

On your next visit I would love to welcoming you personal and remain at your disposal for any type of recommendations, requests and wishes,

vanessa.witsch@westin.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pretty much what you would expect from a 5-star property, at a hard-to-to beat location. Sadly, pricy breakfast, 12-Euro parking, and same value internet are not part of the deal, so I would strongly recommend upgrading to an Executive Club room. This will give you access to a few perks, such as snacks and soft drinks galore, round-the-clock internet, newspapers, and an incredibly well-staffed Executive lounge. Quite a pleasant experience, that I look forward to on my next trip to Frankfurt.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and spacious, Executive club is definitely worth the price for a family.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and with the Tripadvisor community!

Indeed our Executive Club and the benefits it offers are a great alternative and not at least because of the Audi limosines which our Club guests are entitled to used, based upon availability.

Especially during summertime our guests enjoy an Audi ride to Heidelberg to escape from the daily business and catch a few sunbeams.

Guest ServiceManager
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed one night at the Westin Grand in Frankfurt, closing a two week long trip of business and fun. This was indeed the right hotel to close the loop, room was spacious, clean, bed was fantastic with the best pillows, big flat screen tv and a large work space. I didn't have time for the fabulous spa downstairs but my friends gave it full thumbs up. The lobby bar was great, the staff rearranged large sofas and chairs to accommodate our group and the bar service was outstanding. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed March 2012
Vanessa_Witsch, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear guest,

You may imagine how extremely motivating your summary has been fort he entire team and we are glad to read you had such a memorable time with us!

It is for sure that you definately have to try and visit us during summer time, when Frankfurt shows itself full of events, markets and smiling visitors down at the river side, where our guests enjoy boat excursions with vine tastings and much more!

I will be happy to assist you in make any type of arrangments and remain with warm regards to surely impressive Reykjavik

NY, NY
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I spent one dreadful night at this well-located hotel. The pleasant young man who checked us in was adamant in not offering me an amenity despite my SPG Gold Status. He insisted that I was not entitled to an amenity such as free internet service because my room was reserved and pre-paid through Expedia. In actuality, he could not offer us an upgraded or enhanced room because of the 3rd party booking but the rules clearly state that a welcome amenity of my choice should have been offered. A minor but revealing indication of this hotel's weaknesses.

As it turns out, I did not pay for the expensive internet service after we spent a horrible night in our stuffy room with a malfunctioning air conditioner that made a lot of noise but no cold air. The mechanic who came to repair the unit claimed that the unit would be OK after he replaced the filter but unfortunately he was wrong.

Finally, our room was relatively small with a single small window not letting in much natural light. Overall, this was a disappointing hotel definitely not worthy of a 5 star rating. I do appreciate the check out agent's immediately waiving the internet charge but given the many choices of good hotels in Frankfurt, I will not return to the Westin.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I herewith would like to express my appreciation for having given us an overview of your experiences and please accept our appologies for the impression caused.

Every guest who chooses to stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt should feel the famous home away from home and the recognition of our Starwood Preferred guests is one of our most important aims.

However it is true that the Starwood Preferred Benefits are only applicable on eligeble rates. That is why we garanty that Starwood-branded websites will always have the best room rate for any Starwood branded hotel - our promise to you!

I am convinced that with a second chance we may find the perfect arrangement for your needs and I will be honored to assist you personally in making any future bookings at the Westin Grand Frankfurt in order to make sure you will not only have the best deal, but also full enjoyment of the entitled benefits!

Hoping to see you soon I remain

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Average business hotel in an unimpressive location. All it has going for it is that it's close to a U-bahn stop and an easy walk to the Rathaus.

Two negatives though, the windows are paper thin and desparatly need upgrading. Sound-wise they may as well be open.

What particularly bothered me was the dishonest exchange rate. To put it bluntly, they are thieves. I booked for SPG points and 60 USD. They charged me the points and 40 EUR, i.e., 1.50 USD per EUR. When I told them that the exchange rate was 1.131 USD per EUR they simply said, "This is our rate".

It wasn't much money but that's not the point - the point is that they are dishonest.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for kindly sharing your thoughts and impressions with us and we are sorry to read we could not fully meet your expectations!

The so called cash & points booking option is a very popular benefit for our Starwood Preferred guests and the currency exchange rate adapts to an average of local currency, which limits the difference to a minimum.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back soon and please feel free to contact me directly, so I can take personal care of your requests,

meantime I remain with warm regards from Frankfurt

Yours

London
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here on business as this hotel ticks all the boxes. It's only a few train stops from the exhibition halls and after a day of walking around those the hotel bar is an excellent place to relax at with first rate bar staff (who are also very entertaining). It's well located with most parts of Frankfurt travellers would visit within walking distance but I used taxi's constantly and never paid over €12.

All the staff speak perfect english, the rooms are spacious and well equipped, my only grumble being that there are ironing boards in each room but no irons (!?!) The lobby with the vintage cars is also quite unique.

After very busy days working it was the ideal place to come back to and I cant say that about many of the hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GMN
Dear guest,

Let me thank you for shareing such a great compliment with our team – that brought a big smile on our faces!

Our Grand Seven Restaurant & Bar Team is truly entertaining and the clear hotspot for occations & events of all types.

Rest assuered that your suggestion regarding the iron & board has been passed on to our housekeeping team, who will take further care.

I hope to welcoming back soon at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and remain at your disposal,

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We've been staying at the hotel for a few years when we attend market and, although one might think the hotel is impersonal because it is so large, the service is really good. From the front desk to the concierge, everyone is nice and helpful. The room is totally satisfactory--comfortable bed and clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

your feedback is a true delight and we are thankful for your time and effort in sharing it with us! It is from highest importance to us to proove exactly what you mention – being capable to provide service excellency despite being a city business hotel!

The Westin Heavenly Bed is our figurehead and the idea is to have our guests sink into layers of pure comfort, night after night and discover why every one is talking about it! Every detail was custom designed to create the perfect foundation for a deep and calming sleep experience.

You are most welcome to visit us again on you next visit to Frankfurt and I remain at your disposal,