Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
$70
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
AlexanderF85
Iasi, Romania

Stayed here after Lufthansa did not make our flight to Geneva

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 7, 2016via mobile
I stayed for one night here after our flight was delayed and missed a lufthansa flight scheduled for Geneva. Lufthansa took care of the accommodation and very light dinner (very very light dinner not even close to the 20 euro/pax mentioned on the voucher). The hotel looks like a good business trip location, rooms are large and clean but the location is not great being quite far from the city centre. Good nigths sleep, would recommend it for attending a Frankfurt fair maybe but definetely not for tourism. Did not have the breakfast as i left early to the airport.
Date of stay: September 2016
No prepayment needed
  • Hyatt.com
3.7 miles from H4 Hotel Frankfurt Messe
View more hotels in Frankfurt
All reviews breakfast buffet wonderful hotel stayed one night close to the airport messe
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Staying here tonight with my family very much against my will having been booked in by Lufthansa after their inbound flight to Frankfurt was delayed by ATC beyond a time when we could make our connecting flight back to LHR. [Quick aside - the hotel appears to be full of people who Lufthansa failed to connect today (I've personally seen 4 coach loads arrive from the airport). If Frankfurt airspace can't cope with its scheduled flights on a summer's day with good weather how do they seriously think they can rival Heathrow as a European hub].

The location is terrible. It's too far (15-20 mins in a cab - 30 euro) from the airport to be convenient for the airport and nowhere near the centre of town or any transport links so you are effectively trapped here for the night. There is an airport shuttle bus but you won't find a sign at the airport telling you where exactly it leaves from (but guess what! it's not from the place where the "shuttle bus" sign is located) or what it's schedule is. The first one to arrive had a capacity of about 12 to serve a queue of 60 people so we jumped in a cab.

The food arrangements look like a scam. Lufthansa gave us a hotel voucher which they told us included the cost of breakfast and 20 euro credit per person towards the cost of dinner. The wording on it was "20 euro dinner". The hotel told us that this actually meant we could eat free from a buffet or dine a la carte at our own expense with no credit allowed. If this is true why is the 20 euro mentioned? You would expect the deal to be "buffet dinner and breakfast included" rather than breakfast included and "20 euro dinner". The buffet offered was abysmal. Boiled to death vegetables, dry rice, some unrecognisable stew and a number of limp looking salads. Value maybe 5 euro if you were feeling generous. We opted to dine a la carte and actually had a very good meal (worth the 50 euro a head it cost including drinks) served by a very helpful and patient waiter (?Mr Ali?) - one star for Ramada. Now by my reckoning, if the Ramada wouldn't allow us the credit Lufthansa said we were entitled to and we didn't eat from the buffet that Ramada are going to claim 4 x 20 euro for from Lufthansa, somebody is being ripped off - probably Lufthansa. I asked for the meal voucher back so at least they couldn't claim 80 euro they have provided nothing for from Lufthansa but I was told I couldn't have it as it would mean they couldn't claim for the rooms either. I was offered my night's room water (about 20 euro) for free to stop complaining but I insisted on paying for it. Like I told them, I'm not looking for anything for free I just don't want the Ramada being paid for something they haven't provided. I really hope somebody from Lufthansa reads this review and looks into it because to me this looks like a total scam.

I've given a second star because they did at least provide a clean bed and room for the night. Decor not to my taste. Bathroom horrible - tiny with one of those flapping shower curtains that alternates between sticking to you and dumping water all over the bathroom floor and you get to squeeze your soap from a wall fixed bottle just in case you might take away a small full container.

In summary, this is not the sort of place I would ever spend my own money to stay in. If I am ever let down like this by Lufthansa again I will spend my own money on an alternative rather than return here. I can't wait to leave in the morning.

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank UgyLid
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Working as an Interpreter AT some fair that was Franfurttour based I found there both b and B for TWO DAYS . The hotel is well kept.
The Service is AT its best.
There is much to be qualified positive and little to be complained about. It is a Bit uncosy and the Staff is linguistically speaking not perfect. But room and breakfast were very good.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2016

This is a quiet business hotel in the outskirts of Frankfurt. That means, there is not much around, a discounter supermarket and a Schnitzel Restaurant (Schnitzel Paul) are within walking distance. The hotel itself is nice, with lots of conference rooms and a spa. Unfortunately the spa and fitness center were under construction, which was really a pity, because we chose the hotel because of those amenities. It also meant, that it was pretty noisy during the day. We wanted to nap after an international flight, but we were disturbed by the construction noise.
The room itself was clean and the decor seemed to be new and was very tasteful. I read in other reviews people complaining about there being no fridges and coffee makers in the room, however I would like to caution, that this is not common in Germany. You will not find that as a standard like in the U.S.
The restaurant was pretty expensive and the food just mediocre. We did not have breakfast, because we found it way too pricey.
There is free parking along the road, parking on the hotel lot is 15 €, which I also find a bit much, since it is not in the city.
Overall it was a pleasant stay. You might want to check if it is still under construction before you book. However this place is more suitable for business reasons or if you are on a lay over between flights and need a quiet place to rest (unless they are still under construction).

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I was there and the hotel is good but not perfect!
There wasn't a refrigerator but they offer a free water and candy :)
I liked the beds it was so comfortable :)
But there was a problem in the bathroom door!
But generally it was a nice time there! The location is good and there's a free parking:)

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Basic hotel. One elevator for all guest rooms. No fridge, no kettle, no complimentary coffee in rooms. Clean room and clean bathroom. Good for a night stay before a long flight. Area is far away from center but there is Lidl (grocery) nearby.

Date of stay: July 2016