“End of nowhere, dirty pool, chinch in the room, noisy machinery on the corridors”

H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe
Ranked #73 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Hungary
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel looks OK at first sight, but... I asked for a smoking room - I was allocated one on the third floor where there was a plumbing accident some time ago and they operated noisy drying machines 24/7. The only solution was to simply switch them off if I wanted to sleep (sorry if I delayed the drying).Then I went to swim - the pool's walls were dirty - obviously nobody bothered to get in and clean it. Obviously it wasn't a very long swim - I didn't dare to try the sauna. Then back to the room to work, and then came the chinch. It was walking on the table, getting ready to attack me - I had to kill it and left it near the mineral water bottles, hoping that somebody will notice them. Its mates were hiding somewhere but during the night I managed to get quite a few bites on my leg and on my back. Then came the breakfast the next morning -it was forgettable, absolutely. And the only way to the centre is to take a taxi since public transport is not very frequent and slow.

Room Tip: No idea which room has bugs - you should ask the reception. They usually infect entire floors so avo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rooie
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear rooie,

thank you very much for staying at the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe. Thank you also for setting your comment here at Tripadvisor. We regret that your stay did not match your expectations at all. We are planning to renovate the pool & fitnessarea soon.
We herewith confirm that the pool is clean and tiny and fullfills all safety standards. The reason why the shape of the floor seames to be not polished and sanded is that the walls and floors have been treated with a nonconform polishing powder a long time ago. We do know about this situation and are planning to renovate the complete section in the next time.

The Hotel is located inbetween and a closeby forest which gives our guests tremendous opportunities for recreation. This might be a kind of unique for a city hotel being located at parkside. The way you describe it, it seamed obviously a insect went into your room.

Finally we apologize for the inconvinience caused during your stay. Not an excuse, but trust for that it is not our ambition that you´ve left us not satisfied.

Please do accept our excuse and we are hoping to welcome you at another time again.

Kindest regards

Henning Kiebach, General Manager with the entire Team of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kerry
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked this hotel primarily for the airconditioning. The added bonus was breakfast included in the price / package. I was aware that the hotel was a bit out from the city. I stayed for 4 nights with my husband and two children. The room was clean and had a lovely little balcony that allowed us sit out in the evenings. The only thing I missed in the room was tea making facilities. I solved this by buying a travel kettle for €12.99 in this large electrical store called Saturn in My Zeil shopping centre in the city. Also, there were no shower caps available. Our room faced the wood next door so there was no road traffic noise. Breakfast in the morning was lovely with a good selecion of cereals, hot food, fruit etc. The scrambled egg was fabulous. There is a Lidl shop a very short distance from the hotel (towards the train station). There was an empty minibar in the hotel room so I was able to store items bought in Lidl there. By the way, Lidl in Germany is much cheaper for some items than Lidl Ireland. I compared prices on my return - I paid €1.99 for a bottle of red wine that costs €4 in Ireland (reduced from €5.29). Bottled water was for nothing - 65c for 6x500ml bottle still as opposed to €1.69 and I only paid €1.24 for 6 x 1litre bottles i.e. 19c each. Bottle of German lager cost 27c. There are bikes for hire at the hotel - €1 for an hour or €8 for 24hours. On our last evening, we hired bikes. We cycled a short distance through the wood and came out the other side to a lovely walking / cycle path that runs parallel to the river. We should have explored this earlier during our trip so I can't say how far it goes but I was sorry that I had left it so late to discover it. The first taxi we got was from the main trainstation in Frankfurt city and I think the distance from there was 6.9km. This taxi cost us about €14. I had planned on using public transport more but, unfortunately, our children were sick during the trip with the flu so we ended up using taxis most of the time to avoid having to drag them around too much. To get to the city from the hotel by public transport, you would have to take the train. The train station is about 2km from the hotel in the opposite direction to the city. There is a bus stop about 50 metres from the hotel - it is located across the road towards the city. Unfortunately, this bus doesn't go into the city - it goes in the opposite direction but you could use this bus (No. 59) to get to the train station (Nied Stop). We didn't bother with the bus on the one occasion that we used the train - we just walked the 2km into the town / village of Nied. You have to go to the opposite side of the track then to get the train into Frankfurt city. It cost €8 in total for the single trip for 2 adults and 2 children. I think there are group tickets / weekly tickets available also so it would be worth checking this out prior to your trip or seeking advice from the main station in the city. As far as I know, the buses and trains are part of the RMV transport system, so check out their website. The kids wanted to find a children's clothes shop to spend their money so we found out that there was a Primark / Penneys in the NordWestZentrum shopping centre.There is an underground station at the shopping centre and buses serve it also. Again, rather than taking a taxi like we did, this shopping centre could be reached by taking the underground, so with a little forward planning, a lot of money could be saved I'm sure by familiarising yourself with the routes. There was a city map with a transport network map available at the hotel reception. I didn't realise this until after I had bought a map at Frankfurt Tourist Office. It only cost me €1 there but the same map was €4.95 in one of the souvenir shop across the road!! We all enjoyed the zoo and the admission for the 4 of us was only €20. The English language is widely spoken in Frankfurt so we had absolutely no problems in that respect. I had to stock up on OTC medicines for the kids and we had no problems in pharmacies or anywhere for that matter. All our taxi drivers were non-German and each one was as nice and accommodating as the next - we had drivers from Greece, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Poland.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces a busy enough road so it could be noisy. Our room faced the wood next d...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MadKerryMom
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear MadKerryMom,

first of all I thank you for choosing the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe and thank you for your time to write down your impressions avbout your trip to Frankfurt. Thank you a lot.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you where very satisfied with the Hotel and the delivered service.

In most of our studios we provide Tea and Coffee making facilities as well as we deliver them on request in any other room.

Dear MadKerryMom, we are looking forward to welcome and treat your again, as soon as you are back in Germany.

Kindest regards,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager and the entire Team of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada while attending a trade show at the Messe center. The hotel was well run and there were no significant problems. The price was much lower than any of the other hotels closer to the Messe center. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices. Service was good. The biggest problem is it's not right in the middle of Frankfurt. You needed to take a taxi almost everywhere. During the show, they had a shuttle to the Messe, which worked great as long as you reserve a spot the day before. But getting back was 30 min to 60 min to get a cab and for the ride since traffic was usually bad. Then there were no restaurants close by, so another taxi to the Dom or to the old city on the other side of the river was another 30 minute cab ride each way in rush hour. Even with the taxis, the price was still good, but we did spent a lot of time this way.

One nice item is the hotel is right next to a very nice park and a canal. If you like to jog, the trails through the park and along the canal were wonderful. The hotel was almost like a more rural location than a big city hotel.

I did not try the restaurant, so can't comment. The hotel did have a small bar and lounge as well.

One other notes, it's very close to the airport, so was helpful in that regard. They have a shuttle from the airport if you call when you land from the hotel shuttle pickup spot. They picked me up very quickly when I called.

Room Tip: The elevators are a little slow. If that will bother you, get a room on a lower floor. The hotel i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear wes032,

first of all I´ll like to thank you for choosing the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe during
the ACHEMA Fair. Thank you very much! I also thank you for your recommendation and great voting here on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome and treat you again, as soon you are in the Rhine Main area again.

Best regards to Chicago,

Ommen, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Was in this hotel begin this year for business and for the weekend private.
Good hotel, good beds and a must do: try the restaurant !!! For my work I m traveling a lot, but I have never eaten this good in an hotel ! Also a friendly staff.
So next Monday I revisit this hotel for my business visits in Frankfurt.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear avdburg69,

first of all, I´ll like to thank you very much for your choice to stay at the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe. Thank you also for the time to set your comment here on this platform.

Many thanks for the great score. It seem´s that we have done it right and earned a very satisfied guest!

Me and the entire team is looking forward to welcome and treat you well again, on your next expected stay.

Kindest Regards to the Netherlands,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager, with the entire Crew of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very comfortable, and just a short drive into Frankfurt, this hotel was a great choice. The buffet breakfast in the mornings offered a LOT of choices. Good sauna and great indoor swimming pool. The sparkling water available in the room is amazing.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms whatever you are.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear mmalmeida,

in the name of my entire Team I´ll like to thank you for staying with us.
Thank you also for the great voting here on Tripadvisor and the time it took.

It is a great compliment for us. Thank you very much for this great score.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome and treat you again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt. We are looking forward to that.

Best regards to Belgium,

Franklin
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you are a traveler who is accustomed to larger hotel rooms, this would be a great choice for you. After 2 weeks in Europe in tiny hotel rooms, it was a welcomed breath of fresh air to have a room I could stretch out in. Very comfortable, and just a short drive into Frankfurt, this hotel was a great choice. The buffet breakfast in the mornings offered a LOT of choices. The bartender gave great service, and even served us some refreshing "cucumber-infused water" to "refresh us on this hot summer day" (it was only about 75 degrees, but that's hot for Frankfurt I guess).

It's not "downtown", but close. I believe their is public transport that takes you into town, but we just took our car. I would stay here again, due to the sheer size and comfort of the rooms, new ameneties, friendly staff, and great buffet breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear GreJes,

I like to thank you in the name of my entire Team that you have stayed with us.
It is wonderful to read about your commendation and excellent rating of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe. Thank you very much for this great score.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome and treat you and your family again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Franklin,

Cape Town, SA
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I attended a confence at the Frankfurt Messe, and without doing my research I assumed a hotel with the name "Frankfurt Messe" would be located in the same part of the city as the Frankfurt Messe. Wrong. It took a combination of walking, bus and trains (with a changeover at the HBF) to reach the Messe - about 30 to 45 minutes. I was completely isolated from the rest of the delegates, but it was my fault, I should have checked. Apart from this, I actually enjoyed the location, and the hotel is good in all other aspects, except maybe the dinner buffet which did not meet my expectation. The "normal" dinner menu was fine.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear VPK-CT,

first of all I like to thank you in the name of the entire Team that you have stayed with us.
Thank you for the time in rating us here on this platform.

The hotel is located at about 3km from the entrance of the fairground. The Hotels offers a permanent shuttle service, over this we keep taxis in spare by the hotel. The ride to the fair takes regulary about 6 Minutes- during rush hour it could take 10-15 minutes. The taxi/cap ride is about € 8-10. Our shuttle service is free when included in the room-rate.

I do apologise for the trouble you had in reaching the conference and be sure to avoid such annoying situations for the future by using the mentioned shuttle options.

It would be a pleasure for all of us to do so and welcome and treat you again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Cape Town,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager in the name of the entire crew of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe