“Clean, Convenient and Economical”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Tourist Frankfurt
Ranked #235 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Dallas, Texas
“Clean, Convenient and Economical”
Reviewed December 11, 2006

Just returned from a visit to several German Christmas markets and a stay at the very convenient Hotel Tourist. You just walk out the south entrance of the train station, across the street and down half a block, and you are there. I had read some really negative things about this hotel, but the price and location were right so I decided to give it a try and was very pleasantly surprised. First, the location was wonderful for us--we were traveling by train and using local transport like the u-bahn, trams and buses. This hotel was less than 5 minutes from all those. Second, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, giving us a city map and marking locations for us, giving us transportation information, etc. Third--and perhaps most important, the rooms were clean and comfortable. They were small and basic and the TV left a lot to be desired (small, remote was sporadic, and had only one channel), but the bathroom was so shiny white that it almost hurt your eyes. The room itself was clean and comfortable; I wondered if I were at the same hotel some of the posters had described!

Breakfast buffet was fine: cold meats, cheeses, bread, cereal, both scrambled and boiled eggs, beans, and juices as well as milk, tea and coffee. Everything looked appetizing and was refilled frequently. Tables were clean and invitingly set.

There was a computer for guest use, but it is not hooked to a printer. However, there were two internet cafes in the same block as the hotel.

I was delighted by the low price and good quality of this hotel. I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting a clean, friendly, basic stay convenient to the train and local transportation.

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience to transportation.
  • Disliked — Tiny TV
  • Tips/Secrets — Exit the south entrance to the train station and follow the sign.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ddjwms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I'm surprised at what other people have written about this hotel. For short term business use it's perfect. It's small and quirky. They have their own wireless network (which is free) and more importantly it's about 3 minutes walk from the Hauptbahnof (Central Station) and all major tram/bus links.

You get what you pay for - this place is EUR 60/night and for me it's ideal. For night time activities you have loads of restaurants/bars close by which is ideal if like me, you travel alone for a couple of evenings.

I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic weekend - stay well clear if that is what you are looking for. Spend some more money!

Michael

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Calcutta
Reviewed June 2, 2006

Location: Next to the Railway Station (200mts max). Close to shopping centre Zein
Staff: Very cooperative in stay and helpful with road directions and sight seeing tips. Spoke English.
Rooms: Our room was small but good for the price, with attached shower and WC it was no complaints. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Oh yes, the TV did not work!!
Hotel Ambience: Stand alone building and very basic look. OK considering the good price.
Breakfast: Acceptable.
Other Convenience: Next door is an internet and telephone shop that is very cheap and very efficient. Laundry near by.
Overall: Good. Free internet but mouse does not work. Not good for day time stay but fantastic for business or sleep at night sort of trip.

Reviewed April 3, 2006

I stayed there for a week while I was attending a conference. I was shocked by how filthy the place was.I did my best to move to another hotel, Unfortunately they were all fully booked and I was trapped there for the entire time. The worst experience I ever had. The room was tiny and dirty from floor to ceiling. The cables in the lamp by the bed side table were peeling off and stuck with sello tape. The toilet was DISGUSTING BEYOD BELIEF. A health and safety hazard. Despite the breakfast was included in my room price, I couldn't pluck up the courage to eat in such a dingy, dirty place and had all my meals outside the hotel. The worst hotel experience ever. DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED (even to your worst enemies!)

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Reviewed June 21, 2004

The dirtiest hotel that I have ever had the displeasure of staying at, matrices so filithy that the by the end of the night the bed linin was marked by the dirt. Walls looked as if they hadn't been painted for years. Just didn't have the nerve to try breakfast - if the kitchen was anything like the state of the room then serious health risk.

Also a lot of drunken noise at 2 am, 3 am , infact throughout most of the night.

Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed September 2003, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2003

I needed to be near Frankfurt's main rail station, so Tourist Hotel was the perfect fit. The room was spacious and clean. I had made reservations for 2 separate dates, 1 day when I arrived in Germany and 1 day when I was departing Germany. A month prior to my travel I cancelled my reservation for the last day in Germany with an internet agent. She took care of it by forwarding the cancellation to the Mr.
Gill, the owner of the hotel. However, my credit card statement showed that I was charged for 1 night when I had cancelled the room reservation. I contacted the internet agent (I had saved my confirmations) and she informed Mr. Gill for the refund. I have yet to receive a credit. And two months have passed already. I will never again deal with Tourist Hotel.

Reviewed November 3, 2002

This is the dirtiest I have ever seen.
Ants crawled on the floor of the bathroom, bed sheets had holes and the bathroom was full of dots of different colors.
The hotel is located near the main station which is quite convenient but the quality is very bad, and the price is not that good.