“Modern, clean and perfect for an easy trip to the airport”

Hotel Hamburger Hof
Ranked #9 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here overnight for a layover. The room was exceptionally clean and had tasteful modern decor that didn't feel budget. Though small, the room fit two extra large suitcases with walking room and the bathroom fit our overnight toiletries just fine. The shower was magnificent with perfect water pressure. That evening we walked over to the apple wine district to try out the apple wine. The bed was very comfortable and featured down comforters so it was an ideal sleep. Our room faced the police station but we never awoke to noise.

The best part of the hotel is that it is literally across the street from the train station so we simply walked across the street to catch the S8 on platform 21 in the morning.

A side note on the quality of customer service: After we left I thought I had lost my ultra tiny iPod in the hotel and emailed them from the airport just in case they found it and they emailed back right away and said they looked carefully but that it had not turned up. I really appreciated them getting back to me ASAP and being so kind to immediately look for something so trivial. Thanks to the confirmation from the hotel, I was able to relax knowing it was hidden somewhere in my huge bag, which it was.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Molly K
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hamburger Hof

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hamburger Hof is where you want to be if you're traveling by train and rail. It's right across the street from the Frankfurt Main hopbanhof. Close to everything. No frills but looks nice enough with streamlined modern Ikea style furniture and apple green soft furnishings. Helpful staff. Would have stayed longer if I hadn't discovered Hotel Bova a few doors down.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face train and police stations and can be quite noisy. Go with rooms on sout...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I used this hotel for going-and-coming stop-overs during an August 2013 business trip. For what I needed, it was easy to book, easy to find, easy to check-in, easy communicate with the helpful front desk staff, clean (modest) rooms, inexpensive, and a great location. I stayed in a "Double", but the room would have been cramped for 2 people with luggage. The only thing that I didn't like was the for-purchase WiFi plans. Hotel WiFi should be fast, easy-to-access and free. I'd go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hamburger hof hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and they even spoke English which was very helpful. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was nice (which I learned on our European vacation is not always a given). The hotel is right outside of the train station which was super convenient. However, the areas we wanted to spend time in were a little further away. Only a 10 min can ride, so not too bad. I would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jacque C
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to our drive to bavaria.
Pros:
- hotel design is modern and the room itself is also nice
- hotel staff are friendly and speak good English
- offers free breakfast ( nothing fancy but free breakfast is always nice to have)
Cons:
- room smells like a mix of garbage and smoke, not sure if it was just our room
- we got a room close to the stairway and was always pretty noisy
- the neighbourhood is fine in the morning but not so much at night. When we were having breakfast a crazy person walked in and would not leave. The good thing is it is located right accross from the police station.

Initially we were debating between 24hr or here, but ended up choosing here as it seems like it is in a safer area. Would recommend if u are looking for somewhere near the main train station and is not looking for anything fancy.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel surpassed my expectations - very close to the central station, very friendly staff, great room, very clean and great bathroom. The breakfast was also perfect, very good indeed. I definetly recomend it and would surely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Luciana B
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I booked this Hotel, I didn't realize that it was just basically just outside the north exit (a couple of minutes on foot) of the main train station (and easily identifiable)-which is nice when arriving late in the evening. As requested, we got a nice quiet room on an upper floor again from the elevator. The room (whole hotel) was exceptionally clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful. It had a great selection of meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetable dishes, etc. I will be staying here again the next time I get to Frankfurt.

Room Tip: I have read rooms near the elevators tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple