“Small, clean, good budget hotel for business”

Hotel Hamburger Hof
Ranked #18 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Vancouver, Canada
“Small, clean, good budget hotel for business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Assistant booked this for an overnight in Frankfurt. It was very cheap, modern and close to the train station which is what I wanted. But quite small and zero frills including Internet which didn't work. Would only recommend for business travelers for a short-term stay or if you plan on seeing the city alone and don't mind a small room to crash at. Front-deck service in the evening was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Hotel Hamburger Hof is an excellent choice if you're looking for a place to stay in Frankfurt's Bahnhofs Viertel. Although it is just across the road form the main station, the hotel was quiet. All members of the staff with whom I dealt were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My single room was small, albeit attractively decorated. There was no spot to put my luggage. I had to stuff it in a corner and then haul it up onto the bed when I needed to open it up. This would be my one and only quibble about the hotel. I thought the breakfast buffet offered a better-than-average choice. I would recommend staying at the Hamburger Hof.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a comfort room for 3 nights - good size - quiet - great bathroom - perfect location for train travelers - plus train to airport - professional friendly staff - highly recommend it - good breakfast

Room Tip: Go for the comfort room option
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is located 3 minutes’ walk from the train station and is a good basis for anywhere in Frankfurt.

I arrived early and was able to check in at 10am, which was very welcome. I was given a room facing a side street on the 4th floor. The room was small but cleverly designed and very modern. The only lift is slow, so most of the time using the stairs is the better option.

The continental breakfast was nothing special but had all the basics needed.

No free internet and the Wi-Fi option was expensive and slow.

The value for money was very good. If the hotel had free Wi-Fi it would score top marks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Oliviauk
Airdrie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We returned to the hamburger Hof this October and requested specific rooms by email. All of our requests were met and the staff were extremely welcoming and recognised us from our previous visit. the breakfast selection was extensive and when my father in law asked for grapefruit juice, a member of staff ensured that he had it within minutes. We love staying here and are always made to feel so welcome! As we are in the are frequently we will most certainly be back. Great location and great value for money!

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed two nights and absolutely loved it. We checked into the Junior suite which was very spacious and comfortable. It is situated on top floor with gorgeous views over frankfurt. The suite has a living room, two flat screen tv's, minibar, espresso machine, AC, etc etc.

The bed is huge and comfortable. The bathroom is spotless and in pristine condition.
Breakfast is included in the price and so delicious.

We will stay here again. =)

Room Tip: Junior Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DreamTrip2
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Hamburger Hof. This was my first time travelling on my own and the fact that you can take a short train trip to the Hauptbahnhof and then basically just walk accross the road to get to the hotel was great. The station area is a little dodgy but as noted by others previously it is directly accross the road from the police station and there are enough people around that I felt safe getting to and from the station at all times. Another advantage to the station being accross the road is that I had easy no fuss access to a variety of food stalls, money machines, supermarkets, post office etc while still getting over the get lag.
The reception staff (who happily used english to help me out) were always friendly and ready to help. On arrival I was given a local map and advised that they offerred a discounted 2 day transport ticket for getting around Frankfurt. This was great because once I had it I could just jump on the trains, buses etc as I needed to get to my day tours and other site seeing. I also really enjoyed the breakfasts that was included in the price of my stay, and the breakfast service.
For the price I was paying for the room I really couldn't be more impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo