“Even better after the 3rd stay!”
Review of Miramar Hotel

Miramar Hotel
Ranked #74 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Even better after the 3rd stay!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Do you really trust star rating systems? I'm not entirely sure they are always that accurate. Simply because we all have different needs. So what were my needs?

A nice clean room with pleasant service. Good location and a great breakfast. That's all I can ask for and I am pretty sure most visitors want that too. I'm not buying the room nor do I care if the reception is tiny. What does that matter.

Considering how expensive some hotels were during my one nights stay the Miramar was more than reasonable. It is well placed for the centre of town and its major shopping centres.. A short walk to the old tourist part ( Romer ). The U bahn is not too far either. Yes the hotel is on a fairly busy road but it is a bustling city after all and the windows do a great job at keeping the noise to a minimum.

So like I suggest this is my third stay and again I am very happy with the service. I will without doubt stay again. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: 5th Floor is probably the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank shumba93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We picked this hotel because so the good reviews from Tripadvisor. It has a good location but it wasn't really benefited us because we were just here for transit.

We don't really understand why they claimed is a 4 star hotel. Nothing is fancy though the staff was helpful. The reception area was tiny, ( I was like: this is 4 star? More like a 2 star hotel )

The room was small but clean. The room was so small, the distance between the closet to bed was only 2.5 feet. there is not way you can have you luggage open in that area nor allowing 2 persons walked by together. The big disappointment was the so call king size bed. They had 2 single beds pushed together and didn't even bother to put a sheet over it. One of us just kept falling into the gap between these 2 beds! If it wasn't too late at night and we only had a few hours of sleep, I would have changed the room, or even change to another hotel.

The bathroom was also small with walk in shower. The water temperature in the shower was not consistence. My shower was either suddenly too cold or too hot and the water drained so slow that the water was up to my ankle when I was done with my shower! What a nightmare in the shower! Amenities was " hand wash" on the wall and "body and hair shampoo" on the wall. I still don't believe what made this hotel qualify for a 4 star rating.

The continental breakfast was ok but they forgot our coffee.

2 positive points for this hotel though
- the complementary wifi and worked
- the room rate is very cheap considering its location in downtown Frankfurt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VanessaMunYee
Russia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A great hotel in the just center of the city, close to all sightseeings and trading street Zeil. Rooms are big, well furnished, breakfasts are delicious, staff is very kind and attentive. In have only the best impressions of this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex_JaneRu
Rheinau, Switzerland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend trip in Frankfurt. The staff were very friendly, with good English (and German!), always happy to help.
The rooms were spotless and quiet, despite the hotel being on a main street. There sometimes is parking available directly outside, although they prefer that you don't park there as they have guests that need to unload, but you can park overnight for free until 9 (check the signs), however this wasn't a problem as there is a big cheap car park just round the corner.
I was never awake for the breakfast buffet (as it starts early and ends at 10) but my boyfriend said it was a good selection and good quality.
The Hotel is minutes away from the main streets, and easy to find. Would defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alice_moo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It’s a very nice 4 star hotel. All employees were very very kind. We used their advices for places to have dinner and we were delighted (see my other review for Paulaner)
It’s near the historical center of the city and a mere two-block walk from the Main River. The rooms were clean, comfortable, well equipped and silent!! The view from our windows was nice, especially at night. The bathroom was fine, and clean, too.
Breakfast was OK and on time.
I truly recommend this hotel for a couple of nights in Frankfurt while you continue your trip across Europe

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nelson_Pirolo
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stay there several times every year and have no complaints. Location of the hotel is good, but it is just a small establishement without any extra value or charm. Rooms are basic, but clean and have everything expected. Breakfast was above average as usualy besides usual eggs, bacon, sausage, bread + cereal also includes some fruits and salmon. You can also ask for normal coffee or capuchino (i.e. not only Americano as quite some other small hotels). Wifi was quite ok...usable in most rooms I have stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors and away from BerlinerStrasse are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank j_kkis
Barcelona
Reviewed April 10, 2013

At the beginning I was disappointed with this hotel considering that it's supposed to be a 4 star hotel and I was expecting something better. In the end, after staying 6 nights, I was happy with it.

This is a small old and quiet hotel. The location is the best of it. Breakfast is good enough. I only had one problem with internet connection the first night but it worked fine the next days.

It doesn't have a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo