“surprisingly good value”

Favored Hotel Plaza
Ranked #69 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
“surprisingly good value”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

stayed 1 nt. gave us a high floor room with balcony for $51. room in great new condition. fairly close from hbf. it took us a long time to find initially because there were hotel direction arrows all pointing wrong direction. didn't eat breakfast

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AnneSchue, Director of Sales at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Andrew,

thank you for your reservation in our hotel and thank you for positive review on tripadvisor.
We are pleased, that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards
Your team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Frankfurt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights, and overall, I was very satisfied. The hotel is centrally located, and only a 5 minute walk from the main train station. The surrounding neighbourhood is not amazing at night, but even as a woman, I did not feel unsafe alone. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. (I did not overlook the street, this might have helped.) I also found the bed to be quite comfortable, which is not always the case in hotels. There are terrific dark curtains which keep out the light quite well, particularly on these long summer days when the sun is up at 4 or so! The staff were helpful and kind.
My reservation included breakfast, and I was very happy with the variety and quality of the food. There were numerous savoury options, including rolls/bread, cold cuts, vegetables, eggs, as well as some pastries, cakes, and fruit.
My only complaint & the reason I deducted a star was that the wifi was really troublesome for me. Granted, it's free, but it only worked sometimes, and frequently cut out when I was in the middle of something. I don't know if this is affected by how far away you are from the main router (I was on the fourth floor).
Otherwise, I was happy with the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AnneSchue, Director of Sales at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear,
thank you for your fantastic feedback on tripadvisor.com. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Hotel Plaza in Frankfurt.
We do appologize very much about the wifi connection. Thank you for telling us, that there was some problem. We have contacted the provider.
We hope ro welcome you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us under +49 (0) 69 27 137 80 or by e-mail under info@plaza-frankfurt.bestwestern.de
Kind regards from Frankfurt
Your team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza
india
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a quiet location very close to the river.

The main frankfurt station too was hardly 8 mins walk if one takes the correct road. So catching a train is convenient.

Rooms were okay with a nice view. They did not have a tea maker but tea or coffee was complimentary at the reception anytime. Which was nice.

Wi fi was free for 2 devices.

The hotel was close to the river so it was nice to take a walk alongside the river. Beautiful scenes and very nice location.

A lot of eating places nearby.

Will surely stay again because till now I used to just stay at Excelsior but not now after I found this BW !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ali_asif
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your reservation in our hotel and for your fantastic response. It gives us a great pleasure, that you enjoyed your stay.
We appreciate your recommendations on tripadvisor.com.
Please let us know upon reservation or check in, that you would like to have a coffee/tea maker in your room. We can provide it on request.
Looking forward to your next stay!
Best regards
Your team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza
Bristol
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is not in the best of locations - a bit scruffy around here. However, once inside things improve. Our tariff did not include breakfast which was charged at 14 Euros each - not great value but not much choice around here, unless you are prepared to trek back to the station.

Our room as OK as was the wi-fi. The tram stops that matter are close by. Tram 12 takes you right to the centre. Tram 16 will take you right through the Sachsenhausen area for night life. So, a good location overall even if the surrounding streets leave something to be desired.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AnneSchue, Director of Sales at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for your stay in our hotel and for your feedback.
Please note, you will reach the central train station within 5 minutes by walking. Our guests prefer our hotel because it is quietly and centrally located. It is just 200 metres to the lovely riverside with nice restaurants around Westhafen.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: info@plaza-frankfurt.bestwestern.de
Kind regards, BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Hotel prices in Frankfurt are volatile; if there is a convention in town then a forty euro room can cost four hundred. I went 9-11 may 2014; prices cheaper on weekends. I reserved single room but was upgraded to king bed room on fifth floor due to my best western rewards diamond elite status. I was very pleased with upgrade. I was originally scheduled for seventh floor but elevator goes only up to sixth floor so I was pleased I was accommodated on fifth floor so I did not have to climb stairs from sixth to seventh floor. I was also given a suitcover, piece of chocolate and small bottle of jam as welcome gift. The room I was given was smoking but it only had a faint cigarette smoke and I opened the three windows and one fire escape full size door and that got rid of most of the cigarette smell. Lovely light from windows. Get room that overlooks interior courtyard, which is opposite the Esslinger strasse side though I believe rooms that overlook that street have a balcony and mine did not. Staff was cooperative and pleasant and accommodating. No coffee or team in room but available in reception for free. Computer with printer in small lobby. Comfortable bed. No fridge but mini-bar has some extra space where you can store food. Breakfast is expensive at fourteen euros extra but I did not have that. Close to main railway station and transportation hub; five minute walk. Hotel near sunzinet AG in westhafenplatz which is a big blue green glass cylindrical building that you cannot miss.

Room Tip: choose side that does not overlook esslinger strasse. elevator goes only up to sixth floor so avoid...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your reservation in our hotel and for your positive feedback. It is our pleasure, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back soon. For any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: info@plaza-frankfurt.bestwestern.de
With warm regards from Frankfurt
Your team from the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza in Frankfurt
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very close to Hauptbahnhof and easy to find. On a nice quiet side street so no traffic noise at all. Good selection at breakfast. Room was nice and clean, and a good size too. Front of house staff very helpful. Good transport links into the centre of Frankfurt. Excellent value for money, well recommended.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AnneSchue, Director of Sales at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Judith,
thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and for your recommendations. It is our pleasure, that you enjoyed your time at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Frankfurt.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards from the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza team
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is well situated near the main train station (aka Hauptbanhof), and it was easy to find. I stayed in a single room, which was small but clean and well appointed. It was a nice bonus to have a refrigerator in the room. My room was reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear,
we thank you for your reservation in our hotel. We are happy, that you had a nice stay.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Best regards from the BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza team