“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #67 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed in a very large and comfortable room on a business trip. Location is good next to the railway station - its an easy walk. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi in the room was good. The shower was above average - lots of hot water! Standard buffet breakfast - small room was a bit of a squeeze but manageable. Pretty good value for money, I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Plaza for two nights on our way to Italy. The hotel is not far from the train station which was about a seven minute walk.

The staff was very nice and very accommodating! Our rooms were surprisingly comfortable and modern with flat screen television and a very nice bathroom. There is an elevator which is something to always check out when traveling in Europe if stairs are not an option for you.

The breakfast was fabulous! Fresh coffee, rolls, a variety or meats and cheeses, cereal, yogurt, eggs bacon, sausage and juices.

Our teenage boys who were traveling with us had a triple room on the top floor. It was a bit hot in there room, but fans were available to use. Our room was on the ground level (which is really the first floor) and our room was very comfortable and not too hot.
It was a little bit pricey, but that is the only negative comment I have about the hotel.

When I return back to Frankfort next year, I definitely will be a return customer!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Laney1961
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and were happy with everything( room, breakfast, etc) but one of the receptionists was extreamly rude to us for no reason. One day I called and he picked up the phone and asked him if he could help me with booking a restaurant as I dont speak german and he refused to do it for no reason just said i cant do it for you and you have to do it yourself!!!! I was shocked and couldnt believe how rude he was to me . He said if you want to be helped you come downstairs and give me the number!!!!! I went downstairs from the seventh floor only to give him a phone number, I showed it to him and he just explained to me how to dial a number in frankfurt(area codes ...) and he said he wont make the call for me!! In another occasion my mum asked him to help her with printing a ticket ( they have a printer in the reception that guests can use) and he simply said i cant help you do it I will explain to you how to do it and you can do it yourself!!! This guy is extreamly rude and i didnt find any explanations for his behaviour. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had only one night in the hotel and not much time to enjoy it, but the room was large for a European city hotel and very comfortable and clean. The room overlooked the back courtyard and was exceptionally quiet, which meant that I got a very good night's sleep and could open the window for fresh air without getting any traffic noise. Breakfast was good - nice variety of items. The only thing I did not like was that there was a strong smell of drains in the bathroom which made it very unpleasant. I am not sure whether this was normal or whether it was because there was very heavy rain that day and it is near the river ...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This a very reasonably priced hotel close to the main railway station and the Main river.
Our outlook was over a courtyard and we were woken by birdsong each morning.

Our room was a good size and we enjoyed this hotel. The staff, however,could be pretty grumpy.some were nice but others seemed to think life without the customers would be preferable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was clean comfortable and accessible on foot from station and by tram to the centre. The staff were efficient and friendly and would certainly return. We stayed one night on our way to Bamberg and a week later on our return to England so did not see too much of Frankfurt but found a good restaurant in the centre and enjoyed walking by the river. Although the breakfast was rather expensive there was a reasonable selection on offer which my partner took advantage of rather than eating on the train station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sirje B
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed with my husband for 2 nights at this place a few years back. Although a bit far from the airport, we arrive in no time. We booked through then internet and registration was super fast (trust the Germans for this). We had a room at the attic and it has character! Not very nice view though. The room and WC were very clean. Breakfast was good. The only negative side is that the access to our room was through an outside stairs/balcony. We were wondering if we had to go out/come in while is was raining/snowing.... the dining area was a bit narrow too.

Room Tip: Ask for those not located at the attic.