“Look for other hotel.”

Novum Hotel Imperial Frankfurt Messe
Ranked #153 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 24th to 29th May 2013. This hotel is only good for its location. Slightly on the outskirt of the CBD, within walking distance to the Botanic Gardens & the Seckenberg Natural Museum. Foods (halal kebabs & a Thai eatery), small grocery shops & self-service laundromat are available a few streets away. There is a hotel restaurant at the lobby, and the staff is helpful and friendly.

However, we were rather unhappy with our room (503). Our traveling party was made up of 2 adults and 1 toddler. The room that we were given had an unsatisfactory bedding - 2 single beds joined together, and a narrow, squeaky sofa bed. We did a lot of road trips and the poor bedding quality affected our rest.

We were very surprised that no fridge and coffee/tea making facilities were available in the room. An electric jug was provided upon several requests. A basic toiletry, i.e. tissue (very important when traveling with a young child) was not given throughout our 5 nights' stay.

Parking has always been a major problem in most big cities. The hotel's parking is currently not available due to some works and one has to be prepared to park many streets away. It is more advisable to take public transport/walk/cycle if moving within the city.

The electric heater was not functioning on the final 2 nights we were there. When asked, the receptionist told us there was some technical problems and it would be fixed as soon as possible.

Overall, this hotel is good if you are a no-fuss traveller and for short stays only. Check with the hotel if the renovating works are still going on (expect noise in the daytime).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tia2105

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 28 May to 31 May as a stopover to catch my plane back to KLIA and Perth. The room was dark and gloomy when I checked in at 8pm at night. The bathroom sink was semi-blocked and so also the bath, so I didn't have a shower for 2 days. I tried to change my room on 29 May but the Nepalese girl told me that no rooms available and all the rooms are the same. So early on 30 May at 10.30am again I went to ask for a room change to the renovated rooms on 7th floor.
Again this girl from Nepal said no room. So I asked to speak to her boss, and she pretended to go in to ask her boss and again came out saying not possible. So I ask her to ask her boss to come out since he is in the room just 5 feet behind the front desk. He came out and I told him how he can easily change my room without any issues or problems. Reluctantly he has no choice but to change my room to the 7th floor for me! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone (except back-packers) and I won't stay in this hotel again because I know of much better hotels in Frankfurt than this gloomy dark hotel with sub-standard bedrooms!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 008baby
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights over Easter. Overall, I was very, very happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was huge for a Frankfurt hotel and spotlessly clean. However, the bathroom really does let this hotel down - although very clean it was a little shabby (peeling paint on the tiles). Don't let this put you off though... The staff all spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful when I had a question. I did not eat breakfast so can't comment on the food. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Bluerosiep
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good things first: the service is really nice, the people try really hard.
But it is hard to bring anything to the table if the hotel is so bad.
The rooms are quite spacious, but the bathroom is a wreck. The breakfast looks poor (so we didn't have any there), the bar is just a vending machine and the gym is a treadmill.
Tiny beds are not adding to the sleep quality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaKe72
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had booked this hotel simply so that I could stay overnight in Frankfurt to catch an early bus, it was cheap and close enough to the underground station, making it easy to get to the bus or train station. However when we got to this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. It was immaculate, very comfortable and quiet. The staff were charming, very helpful and spoke perfect English. The area surrounding the hotel felt safe enough for two women to walk to the underground at 5am.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MegatronC
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been there for 4 nights. The hotel is a normal 3 stars with normal rooms. The breakfast, 7,5 euro, is very poor and waiters do not speak english. I took only one time the breakfast in the hotel, after I realized it was better to take it in some cafe outside.
The gym is poor. a single room 4x4m, 2 equipment. The sauna is not for free (9,5 euro).
The worst thing was the unfair behavior of the owner. I booked through booking.com but I can't reach Fankfurt for the first day due a snow storm (the closed the Frankfurt airport). I warned the hotel on time but they refuse to change my booking (I asked only to postone it of one day) because the said I had to pass through booking.com. I did it but booking.com said that the hotel refused to postpone the booking even if it was free of charge because it was too late, now. That was very unfair. I'll never come back to that hotel.

Room Tip: change hotel