“A good hotel near the main station”

Le Meridien Frankfurt
Ranked #46 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, United Kingdom
“A good hotel near the main station”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed her a few times for a trade fair, it has been upgraded and is a nice unassuming hotel.
Nice little bar and a great breakfast. 2 mins walk from station and a few minutes away from the exhibition centre on the tram.

Room Tip: Book early for a trade show the rates are "imaginative" in busy times, but then most are i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, General Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear guest "Rvrman21",

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you praise the location, the breakfast service and that you rate our property as a good hotel.
Our aim is to exceed your expecations. We will continue our work to offer even more personlized service upon your next stay to convince you from our hotel and to exceed your expectations.
Hope to welcome you back for the next fair.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Le Meridien is a very good option in the center of Frankfurt close to the main station. From here one has easy access to the central business and shopping district as well as the trade fair.

The exterior and interior of the hotel is very attractive with tastefully decorated, modern rooms. My perfectly clean room during this stay was quite small, but I know from previous stays that this is not representative of the hotel overall. Staff at check in and check out was friendly, engaged and effective - just as one would expect from a Starwood hotel.

1 Thank Alex E
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear guest "Alex E",

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am very pleased that we met your expectation.
Hope to see you soon back in the hotel.
Again, thanks for the nice feedback.
Jefferson, Colorado
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a decent hotel but the rooms are very small for this chain. They are ultra modern and furnished to a moderate standard. The rooms have windows that open nicely so you can get fresh air. The location is by the train station which is in a little dicey area.

Dear guest "csteets",

Thank you very much for your review and the description of the rooms. I understand that you enjoyed your stay in but the room size was too small for you.
I regret that the room category was not at your convenience. I would recommend the deluxe category for your next stay. The rooms in this category are much large in size and even more comfortable.
Thanks again for your honest feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The location of this hotel is very nice considering going messe/hbf, but not for shopping.
The frontdesk and reservation team are a mess, they answered my question and not replied corresponding answer which lead me very confusing.
Such as they charged me 4 month before arrival while my rate was cancelable 7 days before arrival without penalty.
I asked any penalty/room charges for leaving 1 day before schedule due to emergency (because it was prepaid rate), they said they understand no problem, then after I booked the train ticket and the hotel, they told me they only can refund me 10%.
They revised guest name for one of the reservations but did not connect it to my SPG account so it leads to missing one booking under my name. So that reservation ended up no show and only refund me 10% as well.
I have stayed in many starwood property but service wide this is by far a nightmare.
I am very disappointed with the rate I paid during the high season but turned out to the worst stay I had.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gamersonia
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear guest "Gamersonja",

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

I regret the confusion with your reservation.

I spoke to all involved departments. The teams remembered your case and forwarded the email correspondence between you and the hotel reservations department to me.

All reservations were clearly confirmed including all terms and conditions. The hotel offered you a preferred rate combined with some restrictions e.g. non refundable. All details were clearly explained upon reservation and in the reservation confirmation.

I do apologize if the SPG number was not attached to your reservation. We will double check to ensure you receive the starpoints for your stay.

For any next stay we will offer you a complimentary room upgrade including VIP treatment as a small compensation for the confusion.

We thank you for praising our location and I hope to welcome you back upon your next stay.

I would be pleased if you contact me directly for any further booking and I ensure you to avoid any kind of misunderstanding or confusion.

Dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com
Randers, Denmark
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel as part of a business trip. The service is very good and rooms have pretty much everything that can be expected of a hotel of this level. Two things I was missing, which I normally find in comparable hotels: Coffee and kettle in the room and complementary Internet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear guest "Jverne80",

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We offer coffee making facilities and kettles upon request to your room. Furthermore we have complimentary coffee vouchers for the restaurant or bar in the rooms for all guests.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

VA
Reviewed February 4, 2014

With the benefit of the school of hard knocks, I can report now that this hotel has a new and old wing. I must have drawn short straw -- I got the old wing. The room was fine and quiet.

It was the shower that got me. Okay, it is a European shower - bewildering to an American. But even factoring in navigating the 5 different dials and knobs when badly jet-lagged this hotel has a scald issue: HINT the uppermost dial has a hidden INNER dial that one uses to adjust the shower temperature. Okay, after sorting that out, I finally jump in with good warm water, then colder, then scald. This cycle was repeated in two different showers. Once the water temperature gets set, the temperature will fluctuate. It wasn't just me -- my colleague on this business trip -- in the new section also experienced the fluctuating water temperature. I also wonder what the safety thinking is with having water that scalding hot available to guests at all. I would be frightened to have traveled with my kids.

The restaurant was nice. As other reviewers point out, the immediate neighborhood is so-so at best. The hotel's restaurant was actually quite good. I had the Wiener Schnitzel which was excellent. But the service was slow -- with only two waiters and lots of tables. But good food.

The location next to the train station is convenient and gives the overseas tourist a wide variety of shops and Starbucks to choose from; so forgotten items can be replaced etc.

Without the water issues, I would have gone four stars. Front desk and concierge were pleasant.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear guest "FredTravelVa",

Thank you very much for your feeback. We will look deeper in the process of the restaurant service and the efficency.
I am pleased that our front office team convinced you from our service.

Your feedback will help us to improve.

Again, thank you very much.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have stayed in some of the most amazing hotels around the world, but I have NEVER experienced better customer service and treatment than at the Meridien Parkhotel!!.
I wish I could single out one employee who gave me expcetional service, but every single employee was above and beyond what any guest could expect.
It started when I arrived from an international flight at 8:30am. I knew that I would not be able to check in until perhaps 3pm. Well, the front desk apologized because the room reserved for me would not be available until 10:30am… WOW!!! I never expected my room would be ready so early, nor did I expect an apology. How wonderful!! Plus, the room in the historical wing was gorgeous with high ceilings and an elegant feel.

I travel with a medical service dog and everyone asked me about her, what breed she was, how old she was. In passing, I mentioned she would be four years old, the next day. Well, later that day I received a gift wrapped package of dog treats.
The next day another employee asked me how old my dog was. I told him she turned 4 today. He then replied, maybe I can find a present for her. I told him that the hotel had already generously given her a gift.

Everyone has gone out of there way to make our stay incredibly special and I can't imagine ever staying at a different hotel when I return to Frankfurt!!
Thank you to your entire hotel for an amazing stay.. You have made my business trip exceptional!!!!

Room Tip: I loved the elegance of the historical wing, with the high ceilings and
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest "SANDY S",

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that our associates convinced you from our service. I feel really proud of our team. I hope very much to welcome you and your dog upon your next trip to Frankfurt back in our hotel.