“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Taipei
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located in the heart of Frankfurt!! Close to the train station and easy access to almost all the attractions in Frankfurt by foot.

Very cozy stay with staff that remember what tea or coffee you actually drink. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed December 2013
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear guest "micheleTaipei",

Thank you very much for your positive review and the 5 stars.
I will share your feedback with the entire team.

We all look forward to welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a business trip to Frankfurt. The hotel is centrally located. If you are going to the Messe for the show, there is the subway which is much quicker than a cab a block away and will get you there in 10 minutes. Also, the hotel is about a block away from the train station, which is helpful for any day trips. The staff are very helpful and friendly. In the hotel there is the old wing and new wing, I stayed in the old wing, which felt more like a boutique hotel which was nice, but it was a bit noisy. I don't know if the new wing was better, but the elevator banks were certainly busy. I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would certainly come back, though it it definitely doesn't have that Meridien feel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest "Samanthaabelson",

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor and that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
After your constructive feedback we will certainly investigate why the workflow in the restaurant was not that smooth as is usual is.
Thank you again for your comment. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I recently stayed as part of a business trip at this hotel in Frankfurt. The hotel, within 3 minutes walk of the Central Train Station in Frankfurt is convenient and well appointed. The front desk staff were very friendly and despite a crowd at check in/check out, handled things smoothly and efficiently.

The rooms were well appointed albeit on the small side (even by European standards), but a large complimentary bottle of water was appreciated. The beds, linens and pillows were very comfortable and the the hotel was very quiet, despite being fully booked. Another thing which was much appreciated was that the room had at least 4 power outlets. With two phones, a tablet and a laptop to charge, I was glad that I had enough space to charge them all at the same time. Many hotels overlook this nowadays and only give you one or two outlets.

After a business event, a few colleagues and I went to the Casbar bar in the hotel and while it was a friendly space, the drinks were horribly expensive, even by hotel standards.

Breakfast was very nice, a very large selection of fresh food including an egg station for omelettes. My only complaint was that despite that breakfast had a large staff working it, the service was chaotic. I had to wait for 10 minutes for silverware to eat my breakfast, despite asking someone who was clearing a nearby table. She finished clearing the table and set two more before bringing me silverware and was clearly inconvenienced when I tried to order coffee.

All in all though a good hotel. More than fine for a business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear guest "danale1965",

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I promise you that we take your feedback about our breakfast performance serious and will improve our training in this area.
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

I wish you enjoyable christmas days and all the best for 2014.

CT
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed at Le Meridien in early December. It's a great base to see Frankfurt and the surrounding areas as it is one block from the train station. Easy access to the airport via the train station. The hotel is very convenient and the staff is among the best. Very helpful and knowledgable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest "Krish095",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I will forward your praise to our hotel team.
We would love to welcome you back when you return fron the States.

I hope you enjoyed Frankfurt as well.

Best regards and relaxing christmas day.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Le Meridien Parkhotel in Frankfurt is a fantastic hotel, staffed by very helpful and enthusiastic hoteliers.

The hotel is well-situated, in that it is very close to the Main Train Station (5 minutes with bags), but is away from any seediness associated with Train Stations.

The hotel is within walking distance (about 15 minutes) to the Old City and the main shopping areas.

The rooms are fantastic, clean, and well-equipped. The decor is modern, but still functional and comfortable.

The reception ladies are extremely friendly and helpful.

The breakfasts are great, but perhaps a little on the expensive side (about 27 Euros per person).

There are all the facilities you could possibly require, including a vibey bar with great bartenders. Try the free spicy jelly-babies. They are addictive.

There is free WiFi and a business centre in the lobby area. Internet usage can be purchased to be used in the rooms, at a reasonable rate.

There are taxi's parked right outside, if needed.

For a 5 - star hotel, the price was more than reasonable.

I would definitely recommend it.

The concerns raised by other reviewers were definitely not apparent during my visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest "JhbGerry",

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
If you coming back to Frankfurt, please let me know.

Wish you a nice christmas time, relaxing days and all the best for 2014.

dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during the Christmas Market period. The location is great - close to train station, shops, and the river just down the street. The staff were very polite and friendly. When we arrived and our rooms were not ready yet, we were offered coffee on the hotel while waiting. We stayed at the old section. Our room was comfortable and very impressive with high ceiling and elegant decor. Just the walk up to our room was impressive with museum quality paintings. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest "Adrine A",

Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to convince you from our service.

Warm greetings to Canada. Guess you have more snow than we here in Frankfurt.

I wish you relaxing christmas days and hope we may welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am regular business traveller to Frankfurt, with approx 2-3 visits per year. I have lived in Frankfurt for 10 years, so I "know" my neighbour hoods and it's always refreshing to see the city through the eyes of a traveller now. I am trying to book different hotels every time I visit, being able to rate the different experiences based on my trips and prior visits. Istayed in te "Le Meridien Park Hotel" 3 nights, and to begin with, the hotels name sounds more fancy than it turned out to be. Here is my review.
Stay: 3 Nights
When: August 2011
Room: Single Room (Old Area)
Price: 120 Euro (195 SGD)
Breakfast included - NO
Location:
5 Minutes away from the Frankfurt Main Station and close to the main shopping area (Zeil Strasse), the main business district and the old Opera, the hotels location is perfect for a weekend trip to Frankfurt or the business traveller like me. You walk 5 minutes to the River Main, who's promenade is very nice to stroll along especially in the SUmmer months. Take a walk over the "Eiserner Steg" to the other side and sip a "Aeppler" in the tradional area of "Sachsenhausen". On the other hand you can walk to the city center (Zeil) in approx 10-15 minutes as well. There are also busses and trams near by.
Hotel / Rooms:
Well, by now I know that there are "new" and "old" rooms, when I stayed here, I was unfortunately put into one of the old single rooms, which was more of a "chamber" than a hotel room. The walls were thin, the wooden floor was creaking, I honestly felt like I was in a little B&B somewhere in the Alps, not in a "Le Meridien" in Frankfurt. It was also the only true single bed I have stayed in in 7 years of business trips. The bathroom was equally outdated. As such, I will avoid coming back here, the single rooms are definitely not state of art compared to the other hotels in Frankfurt and their offers for the same price. Check my reviews for more.
EXTRA GOOD:
+ Location

BAD:
- Value for Money, you get much better hotel rooms for the same cost
- Rooms are tiny and old (if you get the non-renovated ones)
- Close to Frankfurt Red Light District

Room Tip: Avoid the not renovated quarter and especially the "single" rooms