Hotel consists of two parts (two connected buildings) - one is the old building shown on every advertising picture, the other - new part, God knows why so ugly built annex to its older neighbor... However, from inside everything smooths and our stay in the new wing was comfortable, cosy and pleasant.
The few odd things about the room were:
1) two TVs, situated each on one side of a small wall separating bedroom space from living space. We couldn't understand the use for them, as both TV's are connected and showing the same programme. So when I switched the channels while sitting in the living area, my husband was deprived of his favorite music channel he was watching from the bedroom area. But it is not that TV mattered much to us here - however I really don't understand the use of these two connected TVs in such a small space...
2) I couldn't find any information on breakfast location, times in the room - anything relating to breakfast which was included in our stay. Of course, reception informed us when we asked later on, but still - weird not to find such basic information in the room.
3) I loved the note on the bathrobe hanging in the closet of the room telling to contact reception in case of willingness to buy this robe. Could it be that people love those bathrobes so much that they use to just "borrow" them home? :)) yes, and there was just one bathrobe in our closet. I guess the previous guests had bought the other :)
But all in all - nice hotel, nice staff, good breakfast (Sunday morning I noticed champagne at breakfast as well, however 7.30 am and champagne somehow do not fit together for me... at least not that day), good location - few steps from the central train station, but in a silent side street, and just 5-10 minutes to the old town main square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect symbiosis between classic grand and trendy lifestyle hotel in the heart of Frankfurt In 2007, all the rooms in the Business Wing, the public areas and hotel restaurant were completely refurbished. The five-star Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt is idyllically located at the so called Wiesenhuttenplatz, right in the middle of the city and only a 15-minute drive away from Frankfurt Airport. Chic modern elegance awaits you in the 220 rooms in the Business Wing. The historical Palais consists of 80 rooms with beautiful vaulted ceilings. Le Parc Restaurant is known for its outstanding local and international cuisine. The Casablanca Bar prides itself on its creative cocktails, nostalgic ambience and live piano music. The hotel has its very own, and most unusual, beer garden on Wiesenhuttenplatz. The Fitness + Sauna area possesses two saunas and state-of-the-art fitness equipment with an integrated entertainment system including iPod-docking station, TV and an internet browser. Furthermore, massages can be booked via our Guest Relations Team. The rooms are non-smoking rooms and smoking is only available at Casablanca Bar as a classic smokers' lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Le Meridien Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Le Meridien