“Two hotel buildings in one conveniently located in Frankfurt” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Frankfurt

Le Meridien Frankfurt
Ranked #45 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Riga, Latvia
“Two hotel buildings in one conveniently located in Frankfurt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel consists of two parts (two connected buildings) - one is the old building shown on every advertising picture, the other - new part, God knows why so ugly built annex to its older neighbor... However, from inside everything smooths and our stay in the new wing was comfortable, cosy and pleasant.
The few odd things about the room were:
1) two TVs, situated each on one side of a small wall separating bedroom space from living space. We couldn't understand the use for them, as both TV's are connected and showing the same programme. So when I switched the channels while sitting in the living area, my husband was deprived of his favorite music channel he was watching from the bedroom area. But it is not that TV mattered much to us here - however I really don't understand the use of these two connected TVs in such a small space...
2) I couldn't find any information on breakfast location, times in the room - anything relating to breakfast which was included in our stay. Of course, reception informed us when we asked later on, but still - weird not to find such basic information in the room.
3) I loved the note on the bathrobe hanging in the closet of the room telling to contact reception in case of willingness to buy this robe. Could it be that people love those bathrobes so much that they use to just "borrow" them home? :)) yes, and there was just one bathrobe in our closet. I guess the previous guests had bought the other :)

But all in all - nice hotel, nice staff, good breakfast (Sunday morning I noticed champagne at breakfast as well, however 7.30 am and champagne somehow do not fit together for me... at least not that day), good location - few steps from the central train station, but in a silent side street, and just 5-10 minutes to the old town main square.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest "Ilzuks",

Thank you very much for your email and sharing your experience in our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and your praise about our stuff and breakfast. Thank you also for the constructive feedback about the televisions in the room which our maintenance team will follow up.
It would be our pleaseure to welcome you back soon.
Dominik Ritz
Resident Manager
Re

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

my stay was great! Quality in every sense. Very nice staff - an associate even met me at the HBF and escorted me by foot to the hotel because it was 1am and I was not sure where I was going! Good value too for a hotel of this caliber. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear guest "phrogfrau",

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay
and our service. I will share your comment also with our porters. I hope we can welcome you back soon. Best regards, Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Returned to Le Meridien Frankfurt for 1 night on my business trip.
Good rooms but a bit small and does not have tea/coffee making facility which is bothersome at times.
The location is very good and just opposite the central station.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear guest "Abhishek1308",

Thank you very much for your positive review and also for your feedback about coffee making facilities. We will discuss your suggestions internally.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon. Best regards, Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Comfortable rooms, great bar, and a very nice breakfast. However, the service was far from the best I've received. We checked in as a group on 60+, and I was one of the last people to get my room around 5:00. Jetlagged and desperate to be in it, I head upstairs to find it still hasn't been cleaned. I tell the desk and return 20 minutes later to a room that had been cleaned, but not checked, so a few minutes later I was interrupted by the housekeeping manager, who broke the door frame keying into the room (without knocking) while I had the chain up. A little while after that, I was interrupted a while later by technicians to fix the door frame. Trying to get some sleep, I told them to come back later when I would be out for dinner. They never did return for the rest of my 4 day stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest "Claire M",

Thank you for sharing your impressions and the poditive feedback about the room, the bar and the breakfast. I full understand that you were jetlagged and did not want to wait for the room in the early morning. I am sorry, that you were the last one of the group who received the room and further more I would like to apologize for the disturbance.
We very much hope to welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt. Please le me know and I will personally ensure you will receive a nice upgrade.
Best regards, Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
Wolfsburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I staid two nights, second night with a larger group. Check in perfect, they checked my starword status and gave me an upgrade. The bar was closed, only open outside both nights. Bar service and drink selections has room for improvement. If the bar is closed, they should over still all drinks. In addition service (except the team leader) has room for improvement (speed...). Room very nice, little small but ok. Free very good show service.

I still have an issue because the charged two different rates for each day, and send me an invoice after I left. I will add an comment later after this is fixed.

Room Tip: Present your Starwood status and get an upgrade to floor 8
Dear guests "Frank_and_Barbara ",

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I will forward your positive feedback about the check in. It is true, when the temperatures are high and the weather is good in summer we open the fantastic beergarden instead of the cozy Casablanca bar. We will follow up in regards of the speed of the bar service. If you need further assistance with you final invoice, please feel free to contact me under dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com oder via phone 0049 69 26970.
Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am not sure if friendly check-in staff is simply lazy or not, but as SPG platinum member, one of benefit it upgrade to best available room upon check in. I was told hotel is completely full and assigned very small room (just about no space once I open my suit case) but when I spoke with manager after 5 minutes, she told me that suite became available - yes you are right!

Location is very good, 2 minutes to Frankfurt railways station, although neighborhood seems little doggy (all African shops) it is fairly safe area in the evening. Downside is little bit noisy if you have a room facing main street.

Breakfast need further improvement, limited variety and over-baked pastries....

Dear guest "WellWiseTraveller",

Thank you very much for your review. Indeed the location is great, only a few steps from the main train station and only 10 min from the airport and fairground.

As a SPG Platinum member you are one of the most regular guests for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. You are also entitled to receive a upgrade to one of our suites upon availability. I can guarantee you that our staff is not lazy! Maybe a misunderstanding occured because the suite was not ready at time of check in. I will follow up with Fron Office Mannagement.
I do apologize for any confusion and hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly upon your next reservation in our hotel that I can personally ensure you will receive a nice room.
Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
Palmetto, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely overnight stay at this property, courtesy of the Naples/Capodichino Airport local tarmac crew refusing to provide pre-flight services to Lufthansa for three hours due to labor relations issues.

Check In: The desk clerks exchanged glances when I asked for two beds since I was traveling with my adult son. It was also a bit of a shock when we asked for hospitality kits since Lufthansa kept our bags and stated that the hotel would provide toiletries 'of a higher quality than the airline could'. The desk clerks pointed us to the Pharmacy across the street (closed for the night) but said we could purchase other items including 5 euro for a travel sized roll-on antiperspirant.

Room Assignment: Room #1: Single bed. Made the long, lonely trek down the cruise ship halls back to the lobby.
Room #2: Double bed. Dropped bread crumbs to remember the way back. Conversation with desk clerks: 'I understand this may be difficult and I do appreciate your time but could we please have two separate beds because my son and I are not in the habit of sleeping in the same bed. Don't families request separate beds when they stay here?'
Giggled response: 'Only Chinese families.' (WHAT?)
Room #3: Two single beds. Perfect! Entertaining color-changing nightlight and a bit small but absolutely fine for people who've been up for 42 hours and have 22 hours travel lurking the next day.

Furnishings: Beds are European small. Coverlets thin. Just ask for blankets and you'll be comfortable.

Hotel Food: Too tired and overdrawn at the Conversation Bank from flight delays and rerouting, so we opted for Room Service.
The response to my 'Hello, this is Room 412' was a heavy sigh followed by '....American' and shuffling noises as the telephone is handed to someone else.
Never a good sign. But I kept the order simple and it seemed to go well.

Twenty minutes later the food arrived. With no utensils or drinks, ('water and milk' sadly, two of the German words I have that are comprehensible.) the server gestured that he'd be right back.
Ten minutes later I called the kitchen to check on things and it was a repeat of the first call response, sigh, then '...American' and hand-off. This time I couldn't get the problem conveyed so I called the Front Desk.
Within TWO minutes, an assistant manager was at the door with a server paddling in his wake. Apologies, comped food, the missing items and a call 30 minutes later from a manager asking whether everything had been taken care of to our satisfaction. Yes, SIR!

Until breakfast.
Guess who's back on duty? The Exhalator. With his buddy, Elvin the Tray Shorter.
No utensils. No milk, no juice. After a certain point, you have to wonder whether it's not personal. But once again there are managers on duty to clear things up.

If I were paying for the room (399 Euro rack rate) I would have contacted Starwood and possibly sent a written low-level hissyfit to address the possibility of Anglophobia in the kitchen after identical incidents.
But the disappointment was mitigated by the very high standards in furnishings and housekeeping.

My sole caveat would be that if you're traveling and will be spending a great deal of time in the room; these are a bit small. If the company is paying for it and you'll be out and about; Le Meridien Parkhotel is a good choice. Just remember to be patient, persistent and pleasant and everything will be fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest "BluntedHedgehog",

Thank you very much for your online feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to assist you with the two single beds, especially after this long and challenging trip to our hotel.
I will also share your comments with our hotel team, that we can improve our level of service.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards, Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager