Booked the Park Hotel for a 3 night business trip. Check in staff were both friendly and helpful letting me know that I was booked into a room on the business floor (new part of the hotel).
Room was on the 1st floor near conference rooms. Within 5 minutes of walking into my room, reception phoned to ask if everything was ok with my room. At that point I did not really have an opinion of the room but did note that though it was classified as non-smoking, there was a distinct "hanging tobacco" smell in the room. Not enough to complain about but there.
I then proceeded to assess the rest of the room. First impression was that it was small but not ridiculously so. However, the ironing board had been built into a small cupboard that cramped the already narrow entrance even further. Later tht board became a running joke for me as whenever it was extended the passage now being cut off by the board becme my in-room obstacle course.
More concerning, given my room was a "business room" wa the omelette lack of coffee and the making facilities. Completely unacceptable for a business traveller. The desk/dressing table in the room was smll but once gin adequate for ung a small form laptop with an open paper file or 2. Intenet access was provided (both cable and wii) but the price is seriously ridiculous and service could only be booked or a maim of 24 hours. Given the price I was paying fo the room, this chess could be provided free of charge.
The bathroom was again on the small side but still very usable. Less impressive was the the pressure and temperature of the hot water making drawing a hot bath impossible - showers only.
The bed was a standard double, but comfortable and enough pillows were provided to start a pillow fight (provided no one pulled to f bk on the back swing given the size of the room!)
There was a complimentary bottle of mineral water nd a bar fridge with a limited selection of both soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
The quaility of the Dinner inthe restaurant was pleasantly surprising while most impressive - I ordered beef sirloin that was done exactly to my liking and very tender. However, continuing the trend of trying hard but tripping up, the service in the restaurant was abysmal. I waited for 50 minutes before I finally had to hunt down a waiter (not one had passed my table once the plates for my min course had been cleared) to ask for my bill. During this time I was obviously nt offered any dessert or coffee etc.
Breakfast was buffet and was entirely appropriate with a decent spread of food and lots of staff on duty (surprising compared to dinner).
Location wise, the hotel is just over a block from the railway station and is in a very central location to reach a number of city locations.
Overall experience - forgettable -there was nothing in the hotel that would entice me back on my next trip to Frankfurt, but there were just enough glimpses of effort for me not to run away screaming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect symbiosis between classic grand and trendy lifestyle hotel in the heart of Frankfurt In 2007, all the rooms in the Business Wing, the public areas and hotel restaurant were completely refurbished. The five-star Le Meridien Frankfurt is idyllically located at the so called Wiesenhuttenplatz, right in the middle of the city and only a 15-minute drive away from Frankfurt Airport. Chic modern elegance awaits you in the 220 rooms in the Business Wing. The historical Palais consists of 80 rooms with beautiful vaulted ceilings. Le Parc Restaurant is known for its outstanding local and international cuisine. The Casablanca Bar prides itself on its creative cocktails, nostalgic ambience and live piano music. The hotel has its very own, and most unusual, beer garden on Wiesenhuttenplatz. The Fitness + Sauna area possesses two saunas and state-of-the-art fitness equipment with an integrated entertainment system including iPod-docking station, TV and an internet browser. Furthermore, massages can be booked via our Guest Relations Team. The rooms are non-smoking rooms and smoking is only available at Casablanca Bar as a classic smokers' lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Le Meridien