“Good Marriott”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #20 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here one night with my children while we were in transit,maybe not the best transit hotel (30Euros each way to/from the airport with a taxi),but good Marriott standard.
Rooms
Very small,and you can only get single/single or king beds.We had an extra bed that took the rest of the space in the room,and it wasn't very good,my son didn't sleep well in it(12 yrs and never complain about the comfort of a bed,but he did here)...Coffee/tea maker in the room,and a very nice bathroom.Empty minibar(very strange in a hotel like this)...Housekeeping came walking into our room at 8am,I still dont understand why,as we were checking out an hour later and there were no minibar to check.
Executive lounge
Closed in the weekends,but we got vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant and this was very good
Wifi
Better than many other hotels

Overall a good stay

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Cirkeline 74,

I am convinced that many fellow travellers will find your review very helpful and I would like to thank you for staying at the recently renovated Frankfurt Marriott Hotel as well as for taking the time to share your experience.

I was very sorry to learn that you encountered some challenges during your stay which I would like to express my apologies for. However, I am glad to learn that you still rate us as a "Good Marriott".

It is needless to say that we would love to be perceived as an excellent or outstanding hotel by all of our customers and your feedback will certainly assist us in improving our service.

During the renovation we also invested in upgrading our internet connection which currently is the fastest hotel internet connection in Frankfurt and it is good to receive some feedback about it.

We would love to welcome you back upon your next visit to Frankfurt and I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here on business for couple of days. The location of the hotel is excellent for both city and airport. As a high rise it offers great views, though the layout of the windows could have been better to make most of the skyscraper. Sometimes architects have ideas that work well in a way but get in the way in others. The breakfast facility is good and the lounge and bar were quite comfortable and pleasant. The access from car park to hotel was a bit awkward, perhaps it was some ongoing construction but even so, could have been better taken care of. Room was good but again, on issue of design, the adjacent elevators were percolating enough noise for a less than trouble free sleep. Room location always matters! All in all still a good business hotel offering great location and a decent standard of stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear RBhatla,

Thank you for your detailed review which will certainly be of great assistance for fellow travelers!

The building itself is 40 years old while the hotel part of the building (our guest rooms are located on floors 26 to 44) has just been renovated. We could not change the size of the windows during this renovation and I agree that windows simply cannot be big enough. However, I do believe that our windows still offer fantastic views and a lot of daylight.

For safety reasons the public garage does not have direct access to the hotel and I would like to express my apologies should this have caused you any inconvenience.

Also, I am very sorry to learn that you experienced some challenges with the location of your room. Like in most hotels some of our guest rooms are located close to an elevator which some people prefer while it definitely should not negatively affect your good night's rest.

We would love to get another opportunity to convince you of the many advantages the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a long layover in Frankfurt, so booked a room at the downtown Marriott (I actually thought it was close to the airport, but...) It was easy to get to via the subway. Very nice hotel, all the amenities one expects from Marriott. We were well rested for our trip back to the states the next day. The only downside was that it was pricey (not just the room, but the food, too.)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank n3103f

Dear n3103f,

The amount of feedback we are receiving via Tripadvisor is dramatically increasing and I am very grateful for the time our guests like you are investing in these reviews.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your layover at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and had a safe trip home.

We would love to be your hotel of choice for your next visit to Frankfurt and I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I checked in to this hotel in late April. The hotel is walking distance to the sites on the River Main and to the train station. Had a great afternoon. I woke up the next morning and discovered I was having a medical emergency (not hotel related!). The front desk summoned security, an ambulance was called, very quickly. Obviously, I left with little planning and all my belongings were left out. They secured my items and extended my stay. I spent two days in the hospital.

Upon my return, hotel staff was most gracious. My belongings were all secured and accounted for. I was having trouble getting around, and was attempting to manage my pain enough so I could return home. Hotel staff assisted me in my room, in the hallways, in the lounge, and regularly called and checked on me...offering food and assistance. Service was above and beyond!

I wish I had more time to check out the amenities. Room service was good. They honor their time guarantees without prompting, a meal was 5 min late and was free. The lounge was exceptional. Nice views of the city, well stocked breakfast and evening snacks. The room was clean, spacious, and had good working temperature controls.

The staff went out of their way to secure taxis, with good drivers who would help me get around. It seems silly to talk about room amenities, when the hotel staff effectively dealt with a medical emergency and a portion of my recovery far away from home. I am not sure that other hotels I have stayed at would answer this call to duty. The Marriott Frankfurt answered the call and has all my repeat business. Thank you so much! I am so grateful to the folks at this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank alm5150

Dear alm5150,

It is wonderful to see that our customers take their time to share their experience which we very much appreciate. Needless to say that we are even more delighted if it is such a positive review like yours.

We will share your kind words with the team during our next meeting. Our team is being trained on emergency situations on a regular basis and we always have a Manager on Duty and Security Office on duty who will do their utmost to ensure our customers' comfort and safety.

Apart from security policies and procedures, our team obviously also went the extra mile to ensure you were well taken care of during your entire stay.

Thank you for this wonderul feedback which will not go unrecognized.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future, I would love to personally assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or needs.

With warm regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hotel is a standard Marriott. Best bed you'll get. Perfect location for attending the Messe, literally across the road from it. There is an American sport bar in the lobby which have good beers and food.
Just need to add wifi to be part of the complimentry services as it is needed all the time these days

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Yoni G,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt. I also very much appreciate the time you invested in writing this review.

Our hotel and its surroundings do have a lot to offer. It is the ideal location when your in town for an exhibition and it still is only a few minutes away from downtown Frankfurt. You can walk to Frankfurt's largest shopping mall in 5-10 minutes and there are numerous restaurants and bars in the neighborhood.

Complimentary wifi is available in our hotel lobby while we offer Frankfurt's fastest hotel internet connection in our guest rooms. We strongly recommend booking a package which includes high speed internet but you can also purchase internet acces by the minute, by the hour or for 24 hours.

Since we receive nothing but wonderful feedback about our beds, I need to mention that the "Marriott Bed" can be purchased through our online shop.

We would love to be your host again for you next visit to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The check in was friendly and efficient.

Room
Adequate however two gripes. One is the quality of toilet paper and no water provided. When you are spending so much on a room you'd expect decent toilet roll and water provided

Breakfast
Had to help my self to orange and coffee from waiters station as waiters were not seen.

Preferred the stay at hilton in Frankfurt.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear AUSTUK,

We very much appreciate the time you spent on reviewing the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel on Tripadvisor. We also would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

I was very sorry to learn that your stay with us did not quite meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

I would like to add that we are providing water in the guest rooms. However, it is to be found in the minibar which is located in the closet.

We would love to be your host again and I would be delighted to personally assist you if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The Frankfurt Marriott is probably an amazing hotel for its target market: American businessmen who are here for a convention. However, for everyone else, it's really unpleasant.

The rooms themselves are recently renovated with comfortable beds and nice enough decor. They meet the Marriott international standard.

However, generally, I felt like I was in a 5 star Marriott Des Moines Iowa and not a top notch European hotel. The Executive lounge was always filled with LOUD American businesspeople. The food selection was extensive in the lounge, but was really very bad quality. It was like airplane food really. I stopped eating there after my first day in the hotel. For those who just want to stock up on free booze, the lounge does serve a nice alcohol service throughout the evening. (Although the red wine was undrinkable.)

The housekeeping was also weird. I called down to have turndown service. I arrived back to my room without it having been serviced. When I called again to have turndown service while I was away, I returned to find a pile of extra towels and toiletries stacked on the bathroom counter - with nothing else done to the room. And note that the hotel does not provide any water at turndown or during the day service.

Luckily I was just staying here for two nights. The location is convenient for the train station. However, it was not well located for any other sightseeing.

I definitely will not stay at this hotel again. I should note that for comparison, I just came from the Grand Hyatt Berlin, which was a very very excellent hotel. So this hotel is really a letdown. It's particularly noticable in the service. In the lounge in Hyatt Berlin, the staff would say "Hellp Mr. XYZ, we're closing in 10 minutes, would you like any last selections from the bar?" Here at the Marriott the comment was "We are closed now gentlemen."

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear chrisny2,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for providing us with constructive feedback about your recent stay.

I was very sorry to learn that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that you will not consider us for your next visits to Frankfurt.

It is needless to say that we would love to get another opportunity to convince you of the many advantages and excellent service the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel has to offer.

Your comments will be addressed with our Director of Food & Beverage as well as our Housekeeping Manager as we very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. I will be delighted to personally assist you with your booking should you decide to stay with us again.

With kind regards,