“Fair time in Frankfurt” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Manhasset, New York
“Fair time in Frankfurt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Amazes and comforts me when hotel staff seems to never change. This is the feeling at the Marriott Frankfurt. Being staying at this hotel for the past 20 years and most of the staff is the same. This year they have made some nice upgrades. New furniture and carpet in the guest rooms, which was most needed (at least on the 38th floor). Cleaned up bathrooms, but still the European style half glass showers in a rather tall tub, which i find very annoying.

Jose Luis and Ben at the concierge desk continue to do a fabulous job and all of their recommendations were superb. If you are using a meeting room, ask for Larjos to service. He was spectacular and always available.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the Messe are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Stewart J,

Thank you for being a very loyal customer and for taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to learn that you like the design of the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel - with the exception of the glass dividers in the tub. In fact, our Executive Rooms and Suites feature a full shower instead of a bath tub. So you may want to consider another room type for your next visit. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you in this matter.

Your kind words regarding Benni, Jose & Lajos will certainly be shared with the team and we are proud and blessed we can count on such wonderful colleagues and associates.

I would love to personally meet you upon your next visit to Frankfurt and I will be at your disposal should you need any assistance.

With best regards,
Director of Rooms Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was staying at Marriott during the Bookfair last October. The price per night was about Euro500, which is way too expensive. Although I booked a room in advance, it took me three times (!) to check in. Receptionists, though nice, were clueless. For example, the room I was given the 1st time was occupied by someone :-). Marriott charges for wifi, which is more than strange, especially given the room price. Breakfast is marginal and service is slow - takes a while to get the omelet prepared. The property was not fully reconstructed and some rooms were smoked very badly.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear niksk001,

Your experience certainly does not reflect the high standard of service that we are striving to provide and I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

At the same time I would like to thank you for providing us with very valuable feedback which will assist us in improving our product and services.

Room rate are generally very high in the area during the Bookfair and I can perfectly understand that you expect an immaculate service for the price paid.

Your comments regarding the check in experience and breakfast will be addressed with our team and according trainings will be conducted.

While there is a charge for high speed internet in the room, we do offer complimentary wireless internet in the hotel lobby.

All of our rooms as well as the hotel lobby have now been renovated and we have received nothing but great feedback about the new product so far.

I very much hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you a much better impression of the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel.

I would love to personally assist you should travels bring you back to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

As expected, a typical Marriott stay. Friendly staff, always willing to help, with a spacious room with great views over Frankfurt city.

We stayed two nights, and everything the room prepared with a baby cot already setup. The bar (Champions) in the hotel served food, had friendly staff, and was typically American, and whether that be that good or bad depends more on the customer!

Breakfast was extremely well done, and of note.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear JV,

It is wonderful to learn that your stay with us lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your two nights in Frankfurt.

Your kind words will certainly be shared with our team and we would love to welcome you back to the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel soon.

Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kind regards,
Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I only stayed one night, but it was pretty good! It is 15 minutes from the airport and you pay 30 euros. There is a big mall very close and Natural History Museum if you are interested.
The check-in is extremely fast and the receptionists are very good. Rooms are fairly large and equipped with good furniture. I used my Marriot points, that's why I can't comment on the price. The room service was quite OK too. Ideal for business travels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mustafa,

Thank you so much for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for telling others about your experience!

Besides the Senckenberg museum and Frankfurt’s biggest mall, the Skyline Plaza, the vicinity of the hotel has a lot to offer. Still it is centrally located and downtown Frankfurt is only a few minutes away.

Our Marriott Rewards loyalty program is free of charge and highly recommendable. Points add up quickly. These can be used for complimentary hotel stays, airline miles, travel packages or in our virtual Rewards Shop.

We would love to be your host again for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for new years eve, hoping to catch fireworks over the city. We were on the 37th floor, in a very nice, king size bed room with new flat screen TV. The room was super clean, with its own coffee/tea bar. The staff is as friendly and professional as in every other Marriott I have ever stayed in. I used my Marriott points to pay for this night, and the experience confirmed my loyalty to Marriott!

Room Tip: We stayed in 37.02 at the very end, with no noise from neighbors, overlooking the city. Beautiful v...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsBellaBoo
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Bella G,

I am sure that your comments will be of great assistance for fellow travelers when choosing their hotel in Frankfurt and I would like to thank you for the time invested in writing this review.

All of our rooms offer spectacular views of Frankfurt and its surroundings. While some guests prefer to have a room facing Frankfurt’s skyline, I personally prefer the view from the room you were in.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon and I would be delighted to personally assist you if I can be of any help.

Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've had mixed experiences with Marriott over the years, but happy to say this - a one night business stay - was a good one. Hotel is newly refurbished to a very good, business standard and rooms more than comfortable. Didn't try the restaurants but front desk were very efficient and pleasant. Value was fair with a corporate discount.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Christopher K,

Thank you for choosing the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt. We also very much appreciate the time invested in this review.

We have received nothing but wonderful feedback about our rooms and hotel lobby so far and I am very happy to read about our efficient and pleasant front desk staff. I will certainly share your kind words with our team.

We would be delighted to be your host again should business or leisure bring you back to Frankfurt anytime soon.

Kind regards,
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Definitely one of our best Marriott's stays in Europe. I would compare it to more of an American type hotel. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We had an executive room. Very spacious and clean. The beds were heavenly. Comfortable with extra feather pillows. It's suitated in a great location near many sites. The city center was about 10 minutes away from the hotel. And the breakfast was "awesome" per our son. Made to order pancakes and omelettes hit the spot. Only thing that was missing was a pool, but they had a nice fitness area. Who doesn't love mimosas on a Monday morning?! This was a perfect stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank VacationsRUs2010
Dear VacationsRUs2010,

Reading your comments about our hotel, it is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us without any exceptions and I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

While the entire hotel has recently been renovated, the area around us is developing dramatically. Whether you are on business or on a leisure break, the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel is easy to get to and very well located.

Thank you again for staying with us! We would love to welcome you back for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.