“Very Good Business Hotel”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a very good business hotel in which the exterior has just been renovated and now the rooms and halls are being renovated. I would recommend asking for a quiet room or you may get put near where they're working, as I was. Still, my room was very comfortable and I'd stay here again. As for location, it's near the large convention halls so if you're coming for that, it's perfect. If not, the subway is about a 5 minute walk away and it's pretty easy to figure out. If you're lucky enough to have access to the Executive Lounge, it's only open from M-F, but when it's open, it has pretty good food so it's hard to argue with that. Also has a great view of Frankfurt from there (if it's not foggy!).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Ceelie,

Thank you for staying at the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay despite the fact that we were still renovating two out of our 19 floors during your stay with us. There was a slight delay in our renovation schedule which we very much regret. However, we tried to minimize any potential source of inconvenience. All of our rooms will definitely be renovated by the end of this week – 20th December.

As mentioned in your review our Executive Lounge along with its services and amenities is highly recommendable and definitely worth the surcharge. Executive Lounge access can be booked online or upon check in.

We would love to be your host again for your next visit to Frankfurt. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was a bit nervous staying here because several reviews mentioned the hotel is on the outskirt of the actual city. While this may be true this hotel can be reached very easily by mass transit and the front desk staff and concierge will help you. The doorman walked us over and showed us how to purchase tickets at the machine. As mentioned the street car (tram) is right across street and in three stops you are at the main train station for less than two Euros. It is two blocks (2 minute walk to the U-Bahn and maybe 5 minutes to the S Bahn). With the U-Bahn (U4 Route) you can be anywhere in minutes. We took the Sbahn from the airport to the Main Train Station Hauptbahnhoff and then took the number 17 tram right to hotel for about 4 Euros total and in only about 25 minutes. Then we used UBahn and Tram to travel around the city. It is well marked and people are very helpful. From the Main train station you can get all over Germany and Europe. We went to the Rhine one day from there and then used it to get over to Xanten.

Hotel is modern and very clean. I liked that it had a champions sports bar which allowed me to catch some american sports... Mostly you are going to see soccer in the bars if they have a tv at all. Frankfurt bars for the most part did not have TV's. Due to its location of not being downtown the cost is about 20% less than comparable hotels. If you are not opposed to public transportation.. which is safe and convenient... try this hotel and save some money

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a good view of city
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ncbiztraveller
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear ncbiztraveller,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel despite your previous concerns about our location. I am glad to learn that our staff was able to assist you with your transportation needs.

Since the city of Frankfurt is rather small in comparison to other cities and also disposes of a very good transport network, it does not make a big difference if a hotel is located downtown or close to the exhibition center and fairgrounds where the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel is situated.

Additionally, Frankfurt’s largest shopping mall just opened around the corner while our district is currently developing dramatically.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding our staff, new rooms and also our Champions sports bar which is not only popular with our hotel guests but also well-known throughout the city.

We very much appreciate the time you invested in sharing your experience and we would love to be your host again for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here in August and September. We had two stays booked but had to extend the first stay as I was pick pocketed in the Frankfurt train station and had to replace my passport. I'll get back to that.

First, let me talk about the location, rooms and such. The hotel is located next to the vast Messe convention complex. We took the Messe bus from the airport which is a mistake as it ends at the other side of the vast complex. On the way back, we took a taxi and it only cost about 15 Euros.

It is an ideal location with a street car stop in front of the hotel and a subway station only a few minutes walk away. The main train station is only a few minutes away by public transportation.

There is a fantastic dry cleaner just up the street (called Dirk Von Hagen, go up Hamburger Allee, veer to the right onto Schloss Strasse and it is at the corner with Robert-Mayer Strasse). There are lots of restaurants in the area. Recommended are Da Camino which has the most fantastic pizzas anywhere (about a 15 minute stroll up Hamburger Allee, veer right onto Schloss Starsse and then turn right onto Adalbertstrasse). The other is a nice Italian just a couple of minutes from the hotel called Elba (on Schloss Strasse).

The rooms we had were very nice, well sized and modern (recently refurbished). The lounge was being refurbished when we stayed the first time, so we had to us a temporary lounge. The lounge was done by the second visit and it is outstanding. Good food and drink and nice views of the city. Lorissa who works in the lounge is so very nice and helpful!!! She really made visits to the lounge special.

After the first of the two scheduled stays, we had to return to the hotel and recheck in so that I could make passport replacement arrangements. Maximillian at the concierge desk took charge to get us checked back in, and gave much assistance in finding a photo shop for passport pictures, downloading the necessary forms, and getting to the consulate. He was a great help and we very much appreciated it!

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you can for great city views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim S
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear tsaltmarsh,

I would like to thank you for your very detailed and kind review since I am sure it will very much help others when coming to Frankfurt.

It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your time in Frankfurt despite the unpleasant circumstances.

Our hotel is in-deed very well located for any kind of traveler coming to Frankfurt and also offers a large variety of food and beverage offerings. However, I have to admit that Da Cimino’s pizza is delicious and just a short stroll away.

I am glad to learn that you not only liked our new rooms but also the newly designed Executive Lounge on our 43rd floor which offers breathtaking views of Frankfurt.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words regarding Lorissa and Maximilian and I very much hope to personally meet you upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Newly renovated suites / rooms. Rooms are a bit small. Great View from the top floors. Our TV stopped working so we had relocate to another room. There was NO pay per view. I just could not believe that there was NO PAY PER VIEW available. Staff was nice and helpful. Restaurants were nice. Breakfast was great! There is construction going on as we speak so expect some noise. Overall it was ok but I was expecting more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rjimenezlmft,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

While we very much appreciate your kind and commending word regarding our staff, restaurant and breakfast, I was very sorry to learn that our TV offerings did not meet your expectations. We are currently revising our TV offerings and we may change some of our 70 channels. However, we will not offer any pay per movies.

I would be delighted to personally assist you with your reservations should leisure or business bring you back to Frankfurt in the future since we would love to be your host again at the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel.

With best regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Second time I've stayed here during super busy convention time across the street at the Frankfurt Messe, and no disappointments to report.

Staff is courteous and helpful, and also quick to act, which saves time, which is nice.

The rooms are a bit small, but seem recently renovated because they're nice and clean with good bathrooms. I definitely plan to stay here again the next time I'm in FRA for a Messe event.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, nice view of the Frankfurt CBD
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear mfrk,

I am delighted to learn that you will be staying with us again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Your feedback and loyalty is very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Your review will certainly be of great assistance to fellow travelers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Newly renovated rooms and a well appointed executive lounge. The staff was universally friendly and looking for ways to make things better for its guests.

Lounge is very crowded during extended peak times. Plan ahead.

Restaurants -
Champions - not good.
CROSS - Staff was willing to work to make the experience perfect. Food was acceptable but expensive
(french place whose name I cant remember) - weird hours, deny service if you arrive within 20 minutes of them closing.

Location - For some this will be perfect - but its not in the center of town. It is however, very close (5 minute) to TWO underground locations and literally on one of the tram lines. You can get anywhere in the city in about 30 minutes and its very inexpensive. Traffic is enough that taking a taxi (at least in my experience) was slower than the subway. It took me a few extra minutes to find the subway ticket machines that were computerized and handled english and US credit cards better.

Internet - The wireless has some issues with multiple devices. Dont be afraid to ask the desk for codes if it does annoying things to you. They also have a router box that can be hard wired into rooms (bring your own AP).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear mtanen,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and I am delighted to learn that you tried all of our services.

I would like to thank you for providing a great deal of feedback about the hotel and local transportation.

While I am very happy about your comments regarding our staff, rooms and executive lounge, we will certainly take a closer look at your remarks about our two other restaurants as well as the internet. During the renovation we tripled our access points throughout the hotel and upgraded the bandwidth.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My experience with the Marriott in Frankfurt is nothing to write home about, concierge and front desk staff very helpful. The lounge on the executive floor was dirty and gave me the worst experience I have had at an lounge on the executive floor, staff is not friendly and the lounge was dirty!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Mark R,

It is needless to say that we are striving to be everything but just an “OK” hotel. Therefore, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in our Executive Lounge. Your comments will certainly be addressed with the team and you can rest assured, that we will do our very best to avoid any recurrence of the same problem in the future.

Should you and your family plan on visiting Frankfurt again, I would be delighted to personally assist you. We would love to be your host again to convince you of the high standard of service and cleanliness we are usually providing throughout the entire hotel.

With best regards,