“Excellent service but slightly overpriced”
Review of Gusto

Gusto
Ranked #142 of 2,473 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Frankfurt's revered restaurant, GUSTO at Villa Kennedy has been revolutionized by the Italian Star Chef Fulvio Pierangelini. Fulvio is renowned for his Michelin-starred restaurant in Rome, Il Gambero Rosso, and 40 years of experience in the best kitchens of the world. Now, as Creative Director of Food, Fulvio has conceived of a 'simple', Italian menu for Gusto in which "love, passion, respect and generosity are the base of every dish". The menu presents Frankfurt's best spaghetti al pomodoro, salt crusted Sea Bass or Wagyu entrecote grilled on a Himalayan salt stone. The dishes, sophisticated in their simplicity, pair the freshest local ingredients with authentic Italian recipes. In his Ravioli stuffed with Grune Sose, you will find love for the Italian mamma's pasta making, passion for an Italian classic, respect for Frankfurt's emblematic product and a generosity towards the customer who finds a hidden treasure in every mouthful. Standing by Fulvio's side is resident Executive Chef Dario Cammarata. His Sicilian roots bring a fiery passion to every dish. In Frankfurt, with his Italian team beside him, Dario produces Fulvio's plates with a combination of German precision and authentic, Mediterranean heart. Gusto offers a wide variety of Italian wines to match the menu. These include revered wines from famous and established vineyards such as Ornellaia, but also more researched bottles from new, innovative wine regions, such as Sicily, Sardinia, Puglia and Umbria. Gusto is a buzzing space within the stunning Villa Kennedy, where crowds can spill out onto the lively terrace for an alfresco experience in warmer months; a hidden gem within Frankfurt where guests can relax, unwind and enjoy the best that Italy has to offer.
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent service but slightly overpriced”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel in which the restaurant is located at time of writing is ranked no.1 in Frankfurt according to Trip Advisor and one can see why. We visited just the restaurant but the elegance and immaculate presentation of the hotel itself is continued into the restaurant. The price range of the food fare is at the premium end and therefore one must be demanding of the quality on all counts. The choice and presentation met the minimum requirement and whilst the food was tasty, I for one feel that the taste experience should be on another level for this money. The wine was delicious but by far the best aspect was the service. My wife called in advance to check pram-friendliness and the assurances received were met in spades upon arrival. Furthermore, the service was fast, efficient and friendly and this made for a perfect and memorable occasion on which my father met his grandson for the first time.

• Visited November 2013
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your impression about our restaurant Gusto. Your time and your opinion are very much appreciated.

Your lovely words about Villa Kenney and Gusto were an absolute pleasure to read and the whole team takes very much pride in your fantastic feedback. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future at Villa Kenney or Gusto, maybe for another family reunion.

All the best wishes for family and a lovely Christmas time.

Seoul, South Korea
“5-star restaurant in Frankfurt”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you would like to impress your Executive guests or wifes (or girl friends) you should try this restaurant. I had dinner with some Executives of an big Asian company and they were all satisfied.

The food is fusion Italian (not traditional) and is served in a very professional style. I had fish and some beef capaccio and was very much impressed.

The service is also superb and they try really their best to get everything right.

The price is a bit high but you get really an excellent experience for that money.

• Visited October 2013
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Gusto, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comment about our restaurant GUSTO. It has been real delight to read your feedback and I am very glad, that you as well as your Asian guests enjoyed their food, the service and in general the stay!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy. Please to not hesitate and contact me if I can be of any assistance.

With all the best wishes,

Davis, CA
“Good Italian in a German Hotel”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was hoping to try the local German food but was too tired to go out. gusto is an Italian restaurant that has some good and bad. The service is good but the minestrone soup had veggies that were raw instead of cooked. I appreciate it that it was made fresh but 5 more minutes would have made it really good. My husband's salad was excellent withe roasted peppers and the balsamic vi gear was high quality. I got the Orata fillet with the parsley risotto and it was really tasty. My husband got the seafood risotto that was very rich and you could really taste all the fish favors mixed in with the stock. The German wines by the glass were really good and not expensive.

Visited October 2013
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Gusto, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am very glad you enjoyed the service and your food and it will be a real pleasure to share your words with our chef. Regarding the Minestrone I would like to express my sincere apologies. We are very proud of cooking with the freshest ingredients, but you are totally right, the veggies cooked properly. I will forward as will this part of your feedback to our kitchen.

It is a lovely idea to try the local food, so for your next stay at Villa Kennedy do not hesitate and contact our concierge who is very helpful and will find you the perfect place where you can try German and Hessian food, maybe accompanied by a glass of our typical Äpplewoi!

Please feel free to contact me at any time, I will be more than happy to assist.

Georg Plesser
“Great atmosphere in the hotel patio. Lunch not 5 star food or service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

15min from the airport by taxi. Great ambience, wonderfull patio where business lunches are served. Relatively pricy, the food was not spectacular though. You could expect more. I had Caprese with good cheese and fresh tomatoes. The summer salad with shrimps wasnt great: shrimps were microscopic and too cooked. Still a good place for business lunches in a superior ambience, esp due to closeness to the airport

Visited September 2013
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Due to an unknown reason your comment was not visible for us for a few weeks, however even if belayed I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about our restaurant GUSTO. Your feedback provides us important information in order to detect our weaknesses and keep improving our service.

It is great to read, that you enjoyed the location and the ambience of our courtyard. Regarding the food quality I am very sorry, that we have not been able to meet your expectations. Even though the menu has already changed I have shared the information with our chef.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcome you back at Villa Kennedy's Gusto. Especially for business lunches we are offering a weekly changing menu with a wide selection of delicious dishes to choose from

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance with a reservation or further enquiry.

Best wishes,

Houston, Texas
“Excellent hotel restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying at the Villa Kennedy this is a great choice. Very quiet relaxing atmosphere. Excellent service. Delicious food. The steak was perfect and the fish was fresh and very tasty.

• Visited August 2013
VillaKennedy2006, Manager at Gusto, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions about our restaurant GUSTO. Your time is very much appreciated.

I already have shared your comments within the team and we take a lot pride in your satisfaction.
It would be a real pleasure to welcome you again at Gusto in the near future.

Please do not hesitate and contact me directly if a can be of any assistance.

Best wishes,