“Intimate Japanese restaurant in Sachsenhausen”
Review of Fujiwara

Fujiwara
Ranked #93 of 2,491 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
London, United Kingdom
“Intimate Japanese restaurant in Sachsenhausen”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch one afternoon. He had the mackerel and I had the sashimi. We both enjoyed our lunch menus. The lunch menu varies from 11 Euros to 16 Euros, depending on what you order. It's a good deal with entree, miso soup, rice, salad and a few condiments. What I liked about this place, compared to other Japanese restaurants in Frankfurt, is the small size. There are only a few tables, all the staff, when we were there, spoke Japanese. And in true Japanese manner, were extremely courteous, polite and attentive. I would recommend you make reservations. The restaurant is small and, on the day we went, all the days were full by the time we left. My husband and I plan to go back when we are craving Japanese food again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 2travelandeat

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'd heard that this was the best Japanese food in Frankfurt and since I've lived in Japan for a few years, I was keen to try it out.

We had mainly sushi there, and I must say it really was nothing special - except the price. The service was pretty good, though they weren't particularly friendly. You can get much tastier sushi in smaller shops around town.

I'd say this place caters mainly to large groups of Japanese workers - there was one such group when we were there, and they made a really unreasonable amount of noise.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank miss_igirisu
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best japanese food in Frankfurt”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We had moriwase sashimi, which was great. Tanuki Udon(warm) was very delicious. The price is expensive, but comparing the others is that price absolutely fair to charge. Unfortunately, the location is not very well for car-driver. Anyways, I would like to visit this restaurant as many as my budget allows me to go :))

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 선주양
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent food, nice people, very elegant atmosphere. I strongly recomand this sushi restaurant for any accasion!

• Visited June 2013
atlanta
“Average Japanese”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you do not speak/read any German or Japanese ....you may not want to choose this place. The food was ok (would not rave about it ) strongly disagree with the #6 rating, the prices doesn't match the quality of the food..udon with three pieces of tempura was 20 dollars (15 euro), Very tiny (20 people can fit max), must make reservation, overall good waitress service.

• Visited February 2013