“Refreshingly Authentic!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Reviewed May 26, 2012

To echo the sentiment of a previous reviewer, Fujiwara is certainly not "cheap", but in this case we felt we most definitely got what we paid for. My wife and I lived in Tokyo for four years and can say without hesitation that our meal at Fujiwara was a carbon copy of the wonderful sushi meals we'd come to love (and take for granted) in Japan. It's tough to articulate how excited we were to walk through the door (first patrons of the evening, precisely at the posted opening time of 18:00) and hear a joyful "Irashaimase!" directed at us. Our waitress was a delight and spoke more than adequate English (never an expectation of ours, but rather a luxury in our opinion) and the chef gave us a gracious bow and thanks on our way out the door a mere 55 minutes later (we had to catch a concert at the Alte Opera). We will most definitely be back and recommend reservations for dinner, as every table was booked on the evening we dined here in late May.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love Japanese food and have tried almost all of the top places in Frankfurt; in my opinion, this one is the best. The best, however, comes at a price, and this one is decidedly not cheap. It is also tiny and impossible to get into without a reservation. That said, it's worth the effort. I have been on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed.

2  Thank ExpatTraveler2
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This restaurant has very authentic Japanese food. We ordered the salmon sashimi, the agedashi tofu, yakitori, and the tempura soba. The tempura dishes are fried very well, only complaint is it doesn't provide tentsuyu for the tempura (maybe it's because my tempura was part of the soba dish). The people running the restaurant and the sushi chef are japanese so they should know better. They're really cute though, totally gentle and quiet and very eager to make sure everything is perfect for you.

my boyfriend adored the salmon sashimi. It was very fresh, the meat was perfect and not mushy.

The restaurant is typically quite full. There were lots of Japanese and locals alike. If you are on the right side of the Main river, this is a perfect place for japanese food.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Very cute little Japanese restaurant. Excellent sushi and sashimi. Tempura is also great. Price a little bit a tall - but it is normal for the business of the city. Many Japanese visitors. No gin vodka .. .. but everything else was ok.

1  Thank sea7212
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Went there on my neverending quest to find the perfect sushi. Important to book a table since place is small and they turn down people all the time. Nice Deco, not too much, just right. Extremely welcoming and attentive Service-Staff. Had Seaweed-Salad, Miso Soup, Mixed Sushi, Yokitari and some Oh-Toro. Nicely decorated, food was on the spot, nothing to complain at all. I ordered "kleines Radler" (Sprite and Beer) and got "Clausthaler" (non-alcoholic Beer) but the Waitress was so nice and cute while explaining that her german is not so good etc and excusing that I couldnt say anything. Had 3 Wines, 2 Beer, Soup, Salad, and food (incl Oh.Toro) for 2 and paid around 80€ which was very reasonable.
Will definetely be back when in Sachsenhausen.

1  Thank Sebastian_Schmitt