“Eating Italian food like in Italy, in a refined environment”
Review of L'Unico

L'Unico
Ranked #162 of 2,468 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Westend-Süd
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
“Eating Italian food like in Italy, in a refined environment”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am an Italian living in Frankfurt since 2008: I miss a lot Italian cuisine, so I had the opportunity to check many of the Italian restaurants during this time, but I was rarely satisfied. About two years ago I found out L'Unico, and I became an habitué: this has been my "default restaurant" ever since. All the staff is Italian, and many specialties are coming directly from Italy and all the food is cooked in the real Italian way. While lunch offers are quite convenient, dinners are a bit more expensive if compared with many other Italian restaurant in Frankfurt: but quality comes at a price. The look of the place is very stylish, in line with the design of many places à la page in Milan, for example. In summer it is possible to enjoy a dinner outside in a small garden facing directly the rather quiet Mendellssonstrasse. As the place is quite known (and with many usual customers) it is often crowded, so it is better to book in advance: a consequence of the popularity of this restaurant is that service can be slow at times, but the staff is very kind and will do the best possible to accommodate your needs.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Antonio R

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Whenever in Frankfurt, visit L'Unico!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were really surprised to see the latest review and read about the reviewer's bad experience. We visited the restaurant many times before. The food is always very good, but service depends on the waiter you get because not all of them know what they are doing.

The last time, we visited L'Unico on a Thursday night and were friendly welcomed by one of the waiters who recognized us from about a year ago. We had a nice meal and will definitely be revisiting whenever back in Frankfurt.
If you would like to have a nice Italian meal, you can't go wrong if you visit L'Unico.

• Visited May 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Trying hard, but...”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

.... trying very hard to be hip and stylish and and and...I don't like the place but I keep coming back because of friends/ location! Experiences: very mixed! From "i'm surprised, this time it's nice" to "I can't believe this". The latter includes: a) a very very very upset stomach after a tuna carpaccio (and I called them to tell them about this and they were very unfrienly) - but at least I've never seen this kind of dish on their menu again, b) very unfriendly waiter who actually asked us to relocate to the "lounge" by the door to make room for other guests and c) the old water bottle trick: refilling the half-empty glasses and by the time they get to the empty glass the bottle is empty. played this twice with us until we told them to stop it. The food is not bad (except for the tuna), but it's nothing special either. good fur quick lunches and if you consider yourself trendy, hip and über-ish, but don't want to spend a lot on dinner.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank tahitiiti
Slovenija
“Good Italian food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A typical Italian team of waiters does a great welcome and will make sure you'll enjoy the meal in a loud and boisterous atmosphere as if you were somewhere in Italy. The food is tasty, the service is efficient yet always friendly. Not cheap but worth it. Do make a reservation during the weekend and during the fairs.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“excellent service, great food.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I went there last week, Even if we had no reservation, we were welcomed by the friendly staff and got a nice table, The service was very good and the food was delicious, The staff in the restaurant had no hesitatiton to speak in English unlike the staff in other restaurants in Frankfurt, I strogly recommend this restaurant and we are planning to go there again asap.

• Visited January 2013