“Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet.”
Review of The Corner Hotel

The Corner Hotel
Ranked #50 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gut ! Die Anreise war sehr einfach, da sich das Hotel in einer nahen Umgebung des Hbf.
befindet.Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet.Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet.Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet.Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet.

Reception great, booking top, good connections.Rooms decent and quiet. Reception great,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Markus S

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was a short walk from the Messe, where we were attending an exhibition. Booking in wasn't perfect, as the first room wasn't cleaned when we got in, but we got a replacement straight away. The room itself was small but neat, with a mini bar (limited selection), and a comfy bed. The hotel adjoined a coffee shop where breakfast was available at a decent rate (8 €), and a nice sushi bar popular with students. We found out on a taxi ride back from Sachsenhausen that we were round the corner from the red light district, but didn't encounter any dodgy characters during our stay. The staff were friendly, and all in all it did the job we needed it to. Not special, but serviceable for a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Markymisfit
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I found this hotel very good and price worth, 100 euros for a double during the Paper World fair is a bargain. Don't expect any special service, but nice and clean room. You can walk to the Exhibition or take the tram (2 stops). You can also take the subway to the city centre ( Zeil, the shopping district, 2 stops), or you can walk there in 15 minutes. Very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was close to both the train station and an office of ours. The room was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, facing a busy street, but noise was not a problem. The room was clean, the staff helpful (although my interactions with them were minimal this trip). My only complaint is that the duvet was narrow, just big enough to cover me, and rolling from my back to my side could leave me with a couple inches of my back getting chilly if I wasn't careful. Nonetheless, it isn't enough to discourage me from staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank corkypa
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Need a modestly cheap, easy to reach minimal hotel?

When arriving to Frankfurt am Main, from Europe's 2nd biggest airport, take the S train to Hauptbahnhof and take a 6min walk to the left to Mainzer Landstrasse's Corner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter-Altorjai
Reviewed August 23, 2012

All I was doing was staying in Frankfurt one night and two days. I needed a hotel in the city centre at a reasonable cost to keep the price of the visit sensible. This hotel fitted the bill. I found it as part of a hotel and flight package on Expedia.

It's less than a 5 minute walk from the hauptbahnhof (main railway station) which is ideal when arriving by train from the airport. Trams are right outside and the U- and S-bahn underground and train networks are back at the station. Having said that, Frankfurt city centre isn't that large so walking is a viable option.

I was travelling alone so just needed the hotel as a place to sleep and for this it was perfect. As I didn't book breakfast the following morning, I don't know if it was even served. Although the lobby is a little small (I hope groups never turn up at once), the fit out and decor is very modern. My room was adequate, not large, not small and on a scorchingly hot weekend, the air con was excellent. You could keep it running for when you came back as well.

Everything looked fresh and modern in both the bedroom and bathroom. My room overlooked the main road but the double glazing meant I heard nothing. The only slight niggles were that there was only one pillow on the bed and not another in the room. Also, there are no common area toilets so when I was leaving late in the evening to get back to the airport, there are no facilities available to use.

The sole members of staff on reception were friendly and spoke good English. There are free maps of the city available. With only 50 rooms, this isn't a large hotel but it more than served my purpose and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here one night, though didn't even sleep in the room, since my flight out the next morning was so early. Upon arrival, the hotel seemed nicely done with a contemporary feel, not the old worn out decor of other old world hotels.

Arriving to my room on the 5th floor, was a nice single room, nicely decorated with a flat-screen TV, central air conditioning and modern and clean bathroom. Being on the 5th floor, and overlooking the inner-courtyard, the hotel room was very quiet. Even along the street, I would think those rooms would be quiet too, as it's far enough from the train station, but a close walk.

I would recommend this hotel, as I've stayed in quite a few around the Hauptbahnhof area in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo