“Quite good, pricey due to location”
Review of Restaurant Flavors

Restaurant Flavors
Ranked #79 of 2,468 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With its smart, international appearance, the Flavors at Frankfurt Airport offers fabulous food and an unusual ambience. Take your pick from the breakfast- and lunch buffet and the varied menu which offers fresh salads, exquisite starters, delicious main dishes and sweet desserts. The focal point is the open show kitchen where the chefs can be seen hard at work. A whole array of spices is used to create an unusual combination of mouth-watering flavours. The Flavors has a cosmopolitan feel thanks to its clear glass panels, ordered seating arrangement and impressive lighting design on the walls.
London, United Kingdom
“Quite good, pricey due to location”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Ate here while staying at another airport restaurant. I wasn't overwhelmed by the menu, and ended up choosing German dishes from the menu with dishes from the Sheraton Hotel's (where Flavours is) other restaurant.

Service was attentive and food quality was good.

• Visited January 2014
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Flavors, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Owen A,

First of all, thank you for letting us know about your experiences. Your comments show us that you had a nice dinner but were not completely overwhelmed. I hope you will come back to our Flavors restaurant so that next time we can convince you of our culinary highlights. If you like mussels, I can recommend our mussel weeks with fine variations of scallops, blue mussels and cockles until March 16th, 2014.

I hope you will give us the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

Ralf Stresing

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cochrane, Canada
“Delicious, well prepared food.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

On a one night stay (before an early morning departure) at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport, I chose to eat at the hotel restaurant, Flavors. While the prices are a little on the high side, the level of service, quality of the food, and attention to detail make it all worth it. As it was my last night in Germany I chose a regional dish of roasted pork (it was actually a rib chop) served with a mustard sauce, green beans and carrots - I also ordered a side of mashed potatoes. The food arrived quickly, was beautifully presented and delicious. I'm typically given to seasoning my food once it arrives at the table, however, I didn't supplement this at all as it was THAT good. If I chose to stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt airport again, I will most definitely eat at the Flavors restaurant again.

• Visited October 2013
MrTinoL, Manager at Restaurant Flavors, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Brigitte H,

Thank you very much for visiting our restaurant Flavors. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal and our kitchen crew will love to hear that.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope we will soon see you again.

Tino Lindner
Hotel Manager
South Burlington, Vermont
“I'll go back again soon!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hours to spare in FRA between flights and I thought about grabbing a cab to find a good German restaurant rather than put up with the "food mall" food shlock and turmoil in the terminal. Little did I know that a very good German restaurant was a few 100 meters away in the Airport Sheraton Hotel.

The service was very good, very professional, attentive, quick and knowledgeable. There were about 10 tables occupied and several active waiters serving them while I was there for lunch on a Sunday (seemed like several German couples had come just for the food).

The food was creative, very flavorful and worth going back for again. I had a delicious, freshly made pea soup that was a veloute made from fresh green peas and cream. Wonderful.

To satisfy my German food craving, I had the plate of Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, with potatoes and cabbage (a small, very flavorful pork sausage) and a tall weissbier (local wheat based beer). This was also very good.

I might have found a good pub somewhere in Frankfurt with a comparable meal of wurst, but I save the 80 euro roundtrip cab fare by walking into the Sheraton.

Great find. I highly recommend trying it when you have time.

• Visited September 2013
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Restaurant Flavors, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear gregv_ma,

Many, many thanks for stopping by at our restaurant Flavors. I read your review with great pleasure and am very happy that you enjoyed your lunch. You described your selected food so appetizingly that I am hungry now.

My team and I would be delighted to see you soon again.

Harbor Springs, Michigan
“A little pricey, good food, great dessert”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had the American beef steak which was very good and cooked to perfection. The prices seemed a little high but the ambience, friendly staff and very good service made the experience a dining pleasure. Everyone at our dinner party ordered dessert and everyone was very surprised at how good it was; everything on the list was ordered and no one was disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Shinjin7,

I am sorry that I missed your entry. I usually browse through TripAdvisor once every day to read new reviews. Somehow, yours went unnoticed. So I was all the more surprised and happy to find your wonderful commentary today. I hope you did not mind that I did not reply earlier. Your dining experiences seemed to be very positive and I am glad you had a great time.

We would be happy to see you soon again!

Gold Coast
“For a Stopever in Frankfurt am Main Nice Place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just because you have to spend a couple of hours at Frankfurt am Main doesn't mean you can't get away from the hustle and bustle of the Lufthansa lounges - and there are plenty of them! The location is very central in the terminal complex between the terminal building and HauptBahnstation and only a short walk; even for someone like me with a torn medial meniscus. The room is spacious, modern and bright. The service is prompt and excellent and as we had just come back from Monaco I accidentally ordered in French and the waiter was fluent. I requested a table with a great view of the galley which is well organised and efficient. They kitchen staff were standing around chatting; I believe to allow time for our aperitifs to achieve the necessary affect and eat bread. The sous chef casually prepared my Vienna schnitzel and the black pasta with some other goodies in it were being prepared. The whole operation took less than ten minutes. I assume when the place is alive, the galley would keep up. I walked across to inspect the galley more closely. It is very well set out. But I guess that's all that stuff about the Arian race and organisation.

• Visited February 2013
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Restaurant Flavors, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear not_johntan,

What a nice review you wrote! We are delighted by your kindness. We very much appreciate that you emphasize the consistency of high service at our restaurant Flavors since that is really one of our greatest endeavors. That is of course a team effort and I will gladly share your feedback with our team.

Thank you very much and please come back soon.