I usually like Holiday Inn Express properties, which is why we chose this for our one night in Frankfurt. I liked that it was near the central station, which made it easy to get to the airport in the morning (dropping off our rental car at central station was a nightmare, though, definitely choose another location if you have the option). Other than proximity to the station, this location doesn't have much to offer, although it's only about a fifteen minute walk to prettier areas of the city.
There are pros and cons to staying here.
- Room was spacious and clean.
- Bed was very comfortable.
- Bathroom is larger than most in Europe and the shower head was excellent.
- Breakfast is included.
- Price is very reasonable.
- When we checked in, they asked for some extra personal information which I had never been asked for at a hotel before. When I asked why, as I am cautious about giving out that sort of information, the staff couldn't answer. Another staff member came over and said it was for 'security' but couldn't clarify what that meant. In today's day and age If you are going to ask for personal information, you should be able to explain why you need it.
- Location is not very attractive and you don't feel particularly safe walking around in the evening. It does not give a very good representation of Frankfurt.
- Staff at check out was very brusque and not especially friendly.
It's hard to explain, but this hotel just didn't feel as welcoming as most of the Holiday Inn properties we've stayed at. I can't really put my finger on exactly why, as there wasn't a specific incident, but my husband and I both agreed that when we return to Frankfurt we will look for another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof. In the heart of Frankfurt, next to the “main station Frankfurt“, the new Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof Hotel recently opened in March 2011. Just a few minutes walk to the city centre and famous sights of Frankfurt like the Opera Frankfurt, the Staedel Museum, the German Museum of Architecture, the Goethe House or St. Leonhards’ Church. The Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhofis the perfect place to stay to discover the famous business city Frankfurt am Main. Our 116 comfortable air-conditioned, non smoking bedrooms, with flat screen colour TV, offer a telephone, a safe, high speed Wi-Fi internet connectivity, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Our continental breakfast buffet is included. We have integrated the dynamic philosophy of the Holiday Inn Express brand into the meetings sector and look forward to your request for a professionally run conference. 1 modern meeting room, 25m² with air conditioning is available for your meeting.We are looking forward to your visit at the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof Hotel Frankfurt