“Always excellent”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Description: Stylish and exuberant, Zarges take on the classic bistro features a lively front room dressed in red, accented with eye-popping paintings; or some more sedate yet equally attractive salons for private dining. Thick velvets, and a refined service team exhibit the chef's signature polish as does the contemporary French-Mediterranean menu that satisfies the establishment's dapper patrons. Items such as Foie Gras and Filet Mignon with oxtail ragout reflect today's sensibilities... The Chefs irreverent spin on the humble cheeseburger has become a modern-day classic. The interior is decorated in Jacques Garcia style with tasteful fabrics and comfy couches, Oriental rugs, lamps inspired by the Baroque era and a long mahogany bar; but somehow Zarges is not at all self-consciously trendy so much as it is warmly welcoming.Salons from 4 to 150 people for private events are available.There is also smoker’s lounge available.
“Always excellent”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Every time I am at Zarges I can be sure that it will be the perfect evening. Starting from service, to dinner, wine and especially dessert. I never leave without enjoying that famous hot chocolate cake with fruit sorbet.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great food and wine - loved it!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Super nice terrice - enjoyed dinner with my friends there last week. Good service and the food is really good. Would go there again - anytime. Thanks.

Frankfurt, Germany
“A restaurant filled with charm and elegance, great food and wine.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been passing by the Zarges over a dozen times, and always said, we must go and try this restaurant someday. Well, the day finally came -and we have been trying to make it a regular thing since then. The food is very creative and absolutely delicious. Any extra wishes we expressed, the waiters were attentive and assisted us immediately. The wine list is excellent, and the choice as to which one to get is always hard since most of their wines are simply the best. We work in the city and have had lunches as well as dinners, wether it was due to business, or pleasure, Zarges has always been a top choice. In the winter months, I must say we have enjoyed their Goose dishes (Gänse Menü), and their grilled Kalbsleber - (my favorite) and during the summer I can say with absolute certainty they make the best Wiener Schnitzel in Frankfurt!!! Also, always a good choice is their selection of seafoods. Especially in the summer and when the weather is nice outside, enjoy the warm breeze of a summers night on the terrace, with the romantic lighting, good company, great food and delicious wine.

London, United Kingdom
“Poor, overpiced, arrogant”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Not to be recommended unfortunatley, shame a it is a wonderful room, the food is very overpriced,small portions, I believe the had a Michelin star once, I'm not suprised they lost it, the service seem to think that they are doing you a favour, arrogant and just plain bad, there is much better to be had in frankfurt.....

Visited May 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“A nice restaurant, but not memorable”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stopped in to Zarges for a late lunch that included a salad and main dish. The ambience at Zarges was quite nice and the service was excellent. For the main dish I had breast of chicken on a bed of risotto with a red wine sauce. It was well prepared and presented, but the flavors were a bit uninspiring. I was also a little disappointed by the limited selection of wines by the glass.

I would try Zarges again if I were in the area, but I don't think that I would recommend it to friends visiting the city. I have given Zarges a four star rating because the overall experience was clearly above average.

• Visited May 2013