“The best transit hotel ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #24 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Sydney, Australia
“The best transit hotel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Within walking distance of Terminal 1. Really friendly staff. Fantastically comfortable bed (with thick sheepskin underlay!) Despite being in the centre of a major airport .... totally quiet! Really good breakfast buffet. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear judith I,
Thank you very much for posting your excellent review regarding Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport! We especially love your comments on our team members!
Since the hotel is brand new we were able to built with the latest technology, incluidng perfect soundproofing. We believe a good night rest is key for a good hotel stay. For this reason we also bought the exclusive "Garden Sleep System beds". These are one of the most comfortable beds you will ever experience, providing the perfect balance between comfort and support. This revolutionary bed is created from a system of "air baffles" and flexible wooden slats. The system contours to your body by displacing air based upon your weight and shape. On each side of the mattress we have provided a dial so that you can adjust the firmness of your mattress to be the most comfortable for you (as we know that some guests like to sleep on a hard mattress, others on a softer one...).
Thank you also for recommending our breakfast buffet in the Hilton Garden Inn restaurant. We are very happy to note that you will definitely return to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and we look forward to welcome you back again!
Happy Holiday Season!
Ch. Muller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Courtenay BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very comfortable hotel that is an excellent launch point for a vacation. Hotel is short walking distance from terminal 1. Rooms are compact but well laid out, bathrooms are nice and modern and as one would expect everything is clean. If you can prebook a room and breakfast package I would recommend as the breakfast is very good.

The disappointment was that we could not check in early after our transatlantic flight, no we are diamond members but I guess we are used to airport hotels that will let you check in early if rooms are available. For example Sheraton in Frankfurt airport, Fairmont in Vancouver airport, Marriott Dallas, etc.There was a little bit of double talk that at first rooms were not available but for 39 euros we could pay a day rate to get into the room earlier. I understand a hotel is a business just a little disappointed. Perhaps when the comfirmation e-mail is sent a one line message could state early check in subject to early check in charge fo 39 euro.

Regardless I look forward to staying at the Hilton Garden again, lesson learned.

Room Tip: Stay in the lower floors, you can hear the aircraft at the 11th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear SquareTraveler,
Thank you very much for your nice review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, especially your excellent comments on our bbuffet breakfast!
You certainly are right SquareTraveler, it is indeed best to prebook your room, no matter if you book room only, or room including breakfast, you are better of if you prebook your stay at the HGI (or Hilton) corporate websites (as here we have a "best rate guarantee" whereby we promise that you will not find a better rate anywhere else for a specific date).
SquareTraveler, we too believe we offer excellent price/quality experience for a stay at Frankfurt Airport. As you will note from many of the Tripadvisor reviews a lot of our guests say that our hotel is the best value proposition at the airport, not in the least because of our brand new hotel and excellent location (by walkway connected to the main terminal of Frankfurt Airport).
SquareTraveler, I am glad to note that you also have decided to stay with Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport again. We certainly look forward to welcome you back, we truly enjoy having you as our guest!
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This Hotel is located in the new amazing looking Square building of the Airport. Here you can find within 200m several restaurants and even a Rewe City Markt, where you can buy food & beverages to regular prices and not to premium Airport prices. The rooms are not really large but therefore very clean and spacey enough for a short stay. I cannot agree to the comments of some other reviews which stated that the rooms in here are to small, they are just sufficient. Also i expected that due to the location it would be quite noisy in the room, but the opposite was the case. It was so silent in the room, that i almost could not believe that i am in an Airport Hotel. Anyway the hotel provide free Internet (wired & wireless) and a reasonable sized wellness area with steam & dry sauna which is shared with the Hlton Hotel next door. The walk to the terminal takes about 10 minutes to the A-Terminal departure area and then xx minutes to get to the gate. Anyway, whenever i have to fly via Frankfurt and have a bad flight connection, i will stay here !

Room Tip: I stayed at a room on the north side from where you can see the forest and it was really silent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kai A,
Thank you for your outstanding review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
The location of the hotel in THE SQUAIRE building is indeed unique. The building is almost 700 meters (more than 2.200 feet) long. That is twice the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris!
Since our hotel is brand new we were able to have perfect sound insulation, so while you are at one of Europe's busiest traffic hubs, you can enjoy a fantastic nightrest in our comfortable beds and quiet rooms!
Internet, both wired and wireless, is free of charge for all our hotel guests. So is our business center, printing, remote printing from your room, sauna, steambath and state of art Fitness facility!
Kai A, it is really great to see that also you have decided to make Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport your new hotel of choice at Frankfurt Airport, thank you!
For now, enjoy a great Holiday Season, we can't wait to welcome you back again in the New Year!
Warm wishes,
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Although a Hilton Honors Diamond, until this HGI, and adjoining Hilton, finally opened, I frequented the Sheraton Hotel which was the only FRA hotel. My experience with this HGI was not as positive as previous Sheraton stays.

Room 10249 was a bit smaller than I was expecting and made even smaller by being over crowded with furniture. There was a sitting chair and table that blocked access to the far side of the bed – not a problem for a single person, but very inconvenient for a couple. All the room on the 10th floor appear to be the same size; see floor plan image. The bed was firm and quite comfortable, and as others have noted there is no noticeable external noise.

However, as mentioned by travelingbarb2-2, the HGI layout is much easier to navigate than the Sheraton – at the expense of much smaller rooms. Also, read the early check-in caution by TravelsalotFrankfurt which has never been a problem at the Sheraton.

There was no TV remote in my room when I arrived and for some reason the bedside clock had been unplugged. The front desk sent up a TV remote and I plugged the clock into the outlet. The desk featured three electrical outlet styles: European, German and US.

The bathroom lacked sufficient (any?) ventilation. There is a refrigerator but no microwave in the room – although the HGI Pantry does offer a microwave and assortment of food items. I prefer to visit the Tegut market on the lower level between the B and C terminals to purchase sundries and hot food items.

The breakfast buffet had a selection of cold meats, cheese, cereals and fruits. The hot items were the standard bacon, sausage, potatoes and scrambled eggs. It did not seem eggs to order were available.

Font desk staff was friendly and efficient on check-in and check-out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much LostLen for your nice rating of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry to hear that we did not make each and every aspect of your stay perfect. Thank you especially for the great comments on our Front Desk team members!
The rooms at the HGI hotel are indeed slightly smaller, the overall value proposition remains however exceptional.
At the brand new Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport the internet, business center, fitness, sauna and steambath are all complimentary. Each rooms features the "Garden Sleep System" beds, which allow you to elect the firmness of your bed. Also, the black out curtains truly do their job and due to the building being brand new, developed with the latest soundproofing techniques, you truly will have a good night rest!
"Eggs to order" are available every morning in the showkitchen of the HGI Restaurant, these are included in the breakfast buffet price, so no extra charges apply.
LostLen, if you appreciate staying in a larger room, Executive Room or Suite, we would certainly recommend you visit the brand new Hilton Frankfurt Airport, next door. This hotel has won a wide range of awards this year, amongst others "Top Luxury Hotel Opening in Germany" and "Best Airport Hotel - Europe". You will find many awards displayed at the reception of the hotel. LostLen, I certainly hope and trust you will feel excellent too, after your stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
LostLen, no matter if you stay at the focused-service Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, or the full-service Hilton Frankfurt Airport, we would like you to know that we truly appreciate you stay with any of the two Hilton Worldwide hotels at Frankfurt Airport. We know you have a choice, therefore "filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" remains our vision, we will work hard to make this happen again on your next stay!
Warm regards,
Dana Point, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel and the Hilton Hotel next door are welcome new additions to the Frankfurt Airport. Having been very unhappy with previous stays at the massive and expensive Sheraton at the airport, I booked the Garden Inn because of its very reasonable price. Like other reviewers, I agree that better signage is needed. I arrived at the long-distance rail terminal, which, as it turned out, was directly below the hotel. However, when I came up the escalator to the main rail terminal, I failed to turn around and look behind me. If I had done so, I would have seen the signs pointing to the escalator up to the hotel. Instead, I kept walking all the way to the main airport terminal until I found a sign directing me back to the Hiltons. I followed the scarce, small signs until I ended up where I started in the main rail terminal. I loved the Hilton Garden Inn, except for the very small size of my queen bed room. I would not want to stay in the cramped room more than one night. I was told that the king bed rooms, which I will reserve next time, are slightly larger. The room was nicely decorated, the mattress and bedding were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well designed. The Wi-Fi was strong and free. There were sufficient electrical outlets and good lighting. I had a delicious dinner in the pleasant restaurant. The service staff was very pleasant and helpful. I took advantage of the breakfast buffet, which was not included in the room rate. The offerings were somewhat limited. I made use of the business center to print out my boarding pass. The smaller size of the hotel – no endless hallways, unlike the Sheraton - was much appreciated. It was only steps from front desk to the elevator and then a few steps more to my room. Wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank travelingbarb2-2
Wonderful! Wow, Travelingbarb2-2, we certainly do not pretend to be a top luxury hotel however are honored that you would rate the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport in the highest category of hotels (apart from the size of the rooms). Thank you very much for such a great compliment!
We indeed keep on working to improve the signage at the ICE High Speed Train Station as indeed we are located just above this station, connected to the main terminal of Frankfurt Airport.
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our rooms and especially on your outstanding comments on our team members. That truly is appreciated!
Travelingbarb2-2, we certainly look forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
Happy Holiday Season to you and your loved ones!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for an overnight layover in Frankfurt. The property was in excellent condition. The front desk staff was friendly and very proficient in English (luckily, as my German is practically non-existent). My room was quiet and well appointed. I did not use the hotel restaurant due to a lack of time. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and is an easy train ride to the city. If you have business in the city but a very early flight out I recommend this property. I think the property was an excellent value compared to the rates offered at the next door Hilton and nearby Sheraton during my visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Chris G. Your review speaks for itself...
Looking forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport soon!
Warm regards,
Ch, Muller
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family had a 11-hour night time layover at FRA. We were very tired from travelling and hoping for a good night's sleep. We were delighted that the hotel is an easy walk across from the terminal and no shuttle bus needed; just follow the signs toward the long-term trains. The very professional staff welcomed us, offered chocolate chip cookies and even upgraded our room to accommodate our two children. Our room was very clean and quiet and we couldn't ask for more. It was very nice to be able to roll out of bed and walk about 8 minutes (indoors) into the terminal at 6:00am. We barely paused at the counter to check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank plakmt
Dear plakmt,
Thank you very much for posting your outstanding review on Tripadvisor. You are right Plakmt, besides the services and very professional team members, the location of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport (at the airport, above the high-speed train station, immediately connected to the highway) could indeed not be better!
We certainly hope to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport soon!