“Perfect Location, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #27 of 274 Hotels in Frankfurt
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Perfect Location, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you're fling in or out of frankfurt this is a perfect location. Even better if you're travelling by train after your flight as it's on top of the train staion. Hotel is brand new and well designed. Very quiet rooms. More than adequate gym (shared with regular Hilton). Superior breakfast!

Good office set-up in room. A few places to eat close by. I really enjoyed this stay.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Harry J
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Harry J,
Thank you for your nice comments! Although we are located at the airport, on top of the high speed train station, and next to Germany's busiest highway crossing, the rooms are indeed very quiet. The "double-double" glazing in all our rooms guarantee that nobody is kept awake due to external noises.
Harry J, we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Charles Muller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
PT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

For those of us flying repeatedly throu FRA - At last an excellent and affordable choice to stay in a good value hotel without the "joy" of waiting for hotel-shuttles that come every 20 minutes and drive out to hotels miles away that still call themselves "airport hotels". This is truly an airport hotel located maximm 10 minutes walk from your landing gate. Reasonable prices are the clincher. Recommended!

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank ABZPT
Dear ABZPT,
Thank you very much for your nice posting. As Conrad Hilton said after he founded the company in the early 20th century: "Location, location, location......".
ABZPT, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Lippstadt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

All my fellow reviewers told already everything about the not-to-beat-location. As a former Sheraton Airport guest I would never again pay 200 Euros for a dull room and 32.- for a breakfast because of an early fly from FRA! Very quiet (but very small) rooms, very friendly staff and a General Managers who greets new guests in front of the hotel ( 10pm!!); I was very impressed! If you do not want to use the hotel restaurant, there is a Starbucks right in front of the hotel and all airport restaurants in a 5 minute walk distance (McDonald's, Hooters,Mövenpick,etc).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DFBWS
Dear DFBWS,
Thank you for your nice comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

stayed here 12th jan business, room was fantastic amazing bed, gym fantastic, very friendly reception staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tony1968s
FRAAPGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear tony1968s,
Thank you for your nice comments. I will certainly pass your compliments on to our reception team.
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

This location of this hotel is excellent for a stopover, and the lobby is gleaming clean and overall the facility looks spectacular. I am an HHonors member and had a guaranteed reservation for a room with two twin beds. AS I was traveling with my preteen son, this seemed like a good choice. We arrive at 23:00 hoursand we were given a room with one double and a pull out sofa...as I have NEVER encountered a problem at Hilton chain hotel before did not have a paper copy of my confirmation. I mentioned to the staff that my reservation was for two twin beds, they said it was not like that on their system (mistake number one: lied to customer) and even if I wanted that room they had no more left. They asked if it was alright that I have a room with a double bed. I expressed it was not but what choice did I have at such an hour with a young son beside me. the one clerk said that if I could produce a paper copy of reservation they would include a complimentary breakfast ( second mistake: offering something of no value to a customer with an early morning flight). Once in my room I connected to internet found my reservation ( as I was now doubting my self) and it confirmed the two twin beds. I called the front desk and told him I had found my reservation, to which he said nothing and offered nothing and actually admitted that their system already told them that I had reserved a two twin bed room! ( mistake three: caught in lie). Clerk could not have cared less, very poorly trained. We both had a very poor night of sleep, my son due to the sleeper sofa and me due to the conflict. In morning once I showed them my reservation online they were most apologetic and my room rate was adjusted. It was not worth the aggravation. very disappointing and did not live up to the 100 percent guarantee they have as motto.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank ALBERTATRAVELLOVERS
Dear ALBERTRATRAVELLOVERS,
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay and especially for your kind comment on the hotel being excellent for stopovers and for your great comment on the cleanliness.
I am truly sorry we did not provide you with a twin room and that we provided you with a queen room and sofa sleeper instead. I have discussed the occurences, including your room allocation, with our reception team. Unfortuantely our service recovery action was not prompt enough. ALBERTATRAVELLOVERS, I do hope that this rare occurence does not stop you from returning to our hotel, we certainly do hope to welcome you back on a future occassion.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised at both facilities and standard of rooms,
Also found new iniatives such as offering guest use of a washing machine and dryer , great gym etc really good to see
Also this hotel is located with many options to eat outside around you
Very quiet and you do not hear any road or aircraft noise
Would definately recommend and stay again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AjmMelbourne
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear AjmMelbourne,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are very happy that you were positively surprised while staying with us.
Besides the washing machine & dryer we also offer the regular daily laundry & dry cleaning service, so we offer our guests a choice.
Thank you also for your positive comment on the complimentary 24hrs state of art Fitness Area. Amongst others due to the fact that on most pieces of Precor equipment you can watch TV while excercising and the fact that the use of sauna and steam bath are complimentary while staying in our hotel, guests really do enjoy using this Wellness area.
As for your nice comment on the isolation of the rooms; we considered this a basic requirement for an airport hotel, especially since one of the primary reasons for staying in a hotel is getting a "good night sleep".
AjmMelbourne, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Warm regards, Charles Muller
Erfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Perfect location to start from FRA to US on early departing flight. Perfect location according to parking deck, terminal 1 and train station - not necessary to leave the building. Staff were friendly and accomodating, but not very helpful.
Service and failure management at all to be adjusted.
First of all we choosed HGI because of expected furnishment with personal fridge and microwave (described onhomepage and also at info TV-screen at room) because we are travelling with 6 month old baby. Also we ordered a baby crib as decribed available at home page at reservation. (was done 11/2011).
At arrival we got our room, but no baby crib. As we asked for it, they told us, all cribs were out and no more available. Also no possibility to warm milk and meal at the room. Only comment: we are out of cribs and our microwave is in the lobby... After a date with Marc Snijders (at the moment Cluster Manager for Hilton and HGI FRA) they gave us a room with a king size bed, so the baby could sleep between us.
We are Hilton Honors gold members both, so any communication channels (phone, mail) were available for them to told us before arriving any problems with the crib, but nothing was done. Also the information about microwave in room was false, our decision to choose HGI and not Hilton was made because of the in room microwave (otherwise we had a nice time in the executive lounge).
A fine location, great interieur, but service and problem management have potential and should be adjusted just in time to prevent such reviews for future times.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Alexander S
Marc_Snijders, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear echomz99,

Many thanks for your feedback and for your complimentary comments on the friendliness of our staff.

Again, I apologise for not being able to accommodate your request for a baby cot. Please rest assured that this will not happen again on a future stay since we have ordered 10 additional baby cots earlier this week to avoid this from happening again.

Regarding the microwaves I regret that the information on our website incorrectly stated that these are available in our guestrooms. Microwaves for guest use are only available in the Pavilion Pantry convenience mart located in the hotel lobby. I have already issued instructions to correct this on our website, this will be updated shortly.

Thank you very much for already having a new reservation in our hotel and allowing us the opportunity to regain your confidence. I have sent an e-mail to your personal email account regarding your upcoming stay.

Echomz99, we look forward to welcome you back shortly.

Marc Snijders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 7 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,149 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!