“Great way to see Frankfurt”

Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 38 Tours in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours offers a 3-4 hour English language, daily tour at 10:30, 365 days a year. Discover the history, treasures and secrets of Frankfurt. Meet on Braubachstrasse, in front of the Binding Schirn Cafe' at the Römer. No reservations needed. Layover/stopover tours from the Airport available, as well as Private tours for individuals or groups, at very reasonable rates. All guides are Native English-speakers, all tours are in English.
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great way to see Frankfurt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a great tour around the city today with Dave! He was super friendly and made the whole tour very interesting. I had walked around the city the previous afternoon by myself, but Dave gave meaning to all of the buildings and sights, as well as showing us so much more than I could've seen on my own. Really recommend to anyone!

3 Thank krose89

• Greek first
Toronto, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Makes Your Trip to Frankfurt Full and Alive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I debated whether or not to join the tour, thinking I had explored a lot of the city the day before on my own on foot.

Was I ever glad I went on this tour! It brought a lot of context and history to the city, and everything I saw the day before and all the more. Sam was my guide, and he was really thorough and knowledgeable. The tour covered a lot of ground and also was catered to the groups' needs (Sam does a good job and gauging the group's interest, despite the fact the group is completely random since it's the daily no-reservation-required tour) Sam also ensured there were washroom facilities along the way.

I appreciated the history lessons, especially with some of the Jewish history the city has.

Having traveled alone, it was a good way to travel and have some company. This was actually an added bonus! So now, I've made some friends from the other side of the globe.

Overall great tour - our tour actually went overtime, so you definitely get your bang for the buck. Thanks for making my trip a wonderful one.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank hollyholz
Naperville, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best History Lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This trip was by far the quickest and best history lesson I have received in my entire life. Our guide Sam was very delightful and entertaining. Don't be afraid by "four hour walking tour" title. Yes it takes 3-4 hours however its not constant walking. You walk 2 minutes, get the history and then move on to the next one. Very well organized. Highly recommended for anyone and everyone!!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“MUST DO in Frankfurt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Helen was our guide today. She's great! I learnt a lot from her about the places we went today & had a great work out! Don't miss out on this!

1 Thank May Ping C
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Finally, Frankfurt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Firstly, thanks Dave for a really excellent tour! Having been to Frankfurt on many occasions for business and seeing only the inside of hotels/ taxis and meeting rooms I finally feel like I have actually 'visited' the city. Dave is a funny/articulate/ tremendously knowledgeable guide and well worth €12 for nearly four hours. Loved all of it - highly recommended.

1 Thank KazofKent