“Excellent Value for Money”
Review of Grand Hotel Dream

Grand Hotel Dream
Ranked #193 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I booked this hotel through HRS Hotel Booking Site during my recent businees travel to Germany. Reasonable tariff comparing the location near Zeil. Rooms & toilets were vary spacious, clean. We got very warm welcome at the reception. Good spread in Breakfast. To our surprise, the hotel was owned by an Indian and we got Indian food like chapati, panneer matar, alu gobi, alu parantha, dahi and so on. Got a decent bar in the lobby. Free Wi-fi and Airport drop ( small charge ) was available.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Considering what we paid for the weekend (2 rooms for 2 nights) we have no major complaints. A great weekend in Frankfurt.
The rooms were very comfortable and of a good size, they were very clean and the ensuite bathrooms were as expected. The Breakfast had a good choice of food and were cooked and presented nicely.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, even to the point of giving us 4 codes to access the free wifi ( one each for our individual devices).
The bar and reception were basic but had a relaxed and welcome feel to them. Don't worry about previous comments about the bus station or shop appearances. You get what you pay for, the hotel falls within the average quality range. But it is worth it, especially with it's location being within 2 minutes of the shopping centre. We can not fault the hotel, unless I am really picky and complain about the colour of the building and some of the furnishings, but that would be being picky!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Not sure if it deserves a 4-star rank, but it wasn't a bad experience either.

The room was small, especially the bathroom. It didn't have a bathtub, just an OK shower with a curtain. It had air conditioner and a mini-fridge. As far has I can remember, TV only displayed two English-speaking channels - CNN and BBC World. The pillows were ridiculously big in a negative way. So overall, the room was the biggest disappointment.

On the other hand, breakfast was very nice. The lobby was practically the only "common area", with a lot of sofas (not of those fluffy ones), a small bar, some computers and some odd Indian decorations. (It kind of looked like a jewellery shop.) Shuttle to the airport available. No complaints about the staff.

The hotel is located in a not so appealing area but very close to a major station, which was great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nothing here was very nice... the lobby looked like the cross between a bus station waiting room and tacky shop, and the rest of the hotel was just as bad - hallways and rooms looked like they had been decorated completely with a trip to a 1Euro store. Beds were probably the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in, and the air conditioning didn't work. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The venue is absolutely central, very close to the big shopping street, big choice of restaurants in the neibourhoods, gyms as well, very practical for any demand. The courtesy is definitely the motto of the team!
Clean and the bathroom very stylish!
The only thing I would change is those throw-overs lying on the beds! Very passè!
Get rid of those silky dark red piece of cloth! Useless!
Less is always more!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I got a special offer here online. And for the price I paid the hotel was perfect. The rooms are clean and tidy. There is free internet access in all rooms. The staff is friendly and courteous. The breakfast was superb, one of the best I have ever eaten in any hotel in Frankfurt. I recommend staying here if the price is right.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I dont know where to start and I wished so bad that I would have checked this website before i even booked on booking.com....anyway, the hotel is rated as a four star but i would give a three star because the service is very poor. I have never experienced such a rip off. I had spilled some joghurt from my kids and cleaned it afterwards, there was one stain left, the size of a matches, really barely to see. So when I wanted to check out, the receptionist told me to wait because there were problems with the carpet...after 5 mins the manager came and told me to pay 70 Euros. He pulled the wrong one with me, because I knew at the moment when he came that he try to rip me off. I told him that this is unbelieveable and then the nightmare began...he called me names and on top he wanted to slap me in my face...I was fired up...unfortunately there was no one besides the two young people working at the receptionist who had seen how furious and wild he got because i refused to pay the money to clean the carpet. I called the police and will have a trial going against this discriminating owner of the hotel and against the staff. The police told me that he is known for the "rip off" so hopefully I will win this trial. DONT STAY AT THE HOTEL AND IF YOU DO THEN VIDEOTAPE EVERY LITTLE THING AT CHECKINN AND CHECKOUT!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family